Triacontanol

1000Hills Nursery

Plant growth regulators

So I've always wondered about the reasoning behind the low doses triacontanol is recommended to be sprayed at which is about 1ml/10litres...

So I've run a test on 2 plants. Sprayed them at 10ml/10litres once every week for 4 weeks in veg. Didn't take pics cos it was just a personal experiment. Seeing the results this far makes me want to share it. I've already removed tons of branches due to how thick and short it has started flowering at.

IMG_20191230_102125.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

why do want to use it??? 

Why? Not sure how to answer that but I'll tell you this.

I've already been using it for a while now at the correct dosage and it's increased plant vigour, health and yield.

Just thought I'd share an overdose for those that are using or planning on using it.

Flowering additives like big bud etc all have triacontanol in it.

Also people use alfalfa meal in their compost teas which is also a source of triacontanol.

I also spray my plants with

Afrikelp 10x

Amino K

Seabrix

All have triacontanol in it.

So ultimately the biggest benefit would be its a photosynthesis facilitator and increases crop production.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, greenkush said:

It's a pretty well known fact giving plants growth hormones at certain stages of development can actually have adverse reactions, I used it once as a test and really did not notice any benefit worth the cost or effort to use.

Share with me at which stage of a plants life would it have adverse effects. It would save me alot of time from all the testing I'm doing.

This was a demonstration of an overdose.

I flower under 1000W HPS so everything thing is high flow. I've done plenty of testing between using it correctly against not using it.

1 minute ago, Mambawana said:

Share with me at which stage of a plants life would it have adverse effects. It would save me alot of time from all the testing I'm doing.

This was a demonstration of an overdose.

I flower under 1000W HPS so everything thing is high flow. I've done plenty of testing between using it correctly against not using it.

I did not document it, I am merely stating I did not see any benefit using it and not using it, as a transplant and recovery aide sure.   

BTW where on the Big Bud label do you see Triacontanol?

Poor choice of words, my own outcomes showed no viable difference. 

Care to post a picture of your bud foliar fed vs unfed?

Care to post a link to where they state it contains it? That does not seem like something that would be legal, considering they are governed by strict federal regulations on what they put into their products.

26 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Poor choice of words, my own outcomes showed no viable difference. 

Care to post a picture of your bud foliar fed vs unfed?

Care to post a link to where they state it contains it? That does not seem like something that would be legal, considering they are governed by strict federal regulations on what they put into their products.

Triacontanol is not illegal. It is used in many crops. I think you mistaking this for something synthetic and banned perhaps. 

I'm not going to go search for the link now or post pictures I don't have. 

A few things have showed me the difference i.e. vegetative growth rate, bounce back from major defoliation and grams/watt.

Before you ask I'm not going to share what I yield. I take pics to post here for people to see and so we can all learn together. I got nothing to prove, my garden speaks for itself. If you find some information that can correct anything I've stated please share so I can learn too... everyday is a new day with new things to learn

I never claimed it was illegal, so not sure where exactly you pulled that out of. If you make a product you need to state its contents, this how things get their approvals from the governing body, really nothing more to it. Everything I’ve looked at about bud candy mentions nothing of the compound but a mix of pk with amino acids etc. 

I never asked about your yields, nor do I actually care. I was merely curious if you did a control group test of these hormones to see if there was a definitive difference, unfortunately if you have no control group the results are subjective.  

Anyways keep well. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'd be interested to see side by side of a plant which was sprayed with Triacontanol vs one which was not sprayed.

Perhaps 2 cuttings from the same plant, see how much of a difference it makes over a certain period.

@Mambawana do you only use it as a foliar spray? How often do you spray and from when to when? I assume you stop during flower?

@PsyCLown 

I add it to my res @ 0,2ml/200 ltr. Can't say I've noticed a difference as yet but the foliar benefits makes me believe it must be doing something for the roots.

I didn't document the side by side.

I once leaf stripped 2 clones of the same mother very aggressively all the fan leaves off. The plant sprayed with triacontanol recovered extremely fast. Super fast. And grew bushy and twice in size.

I'm pretty clued up on what I yield with my keepers so I quickly saw its benefit in yield. I add 1% triacontanol everytime I foliar feed with whatever else I choose kelp etc. I've done it both weekly and 2 weekly up until day 7 flower and haven't noticed a difference between the 2. My plants in veg atm I've only sprayed twice so far as I don't want them 2 bushy as I'm doing a decent sized pheno hunt. 

8 hours ago, greenkush said:

I never claimed it was illegal, so not sure where exactly you pulled that out of. If you make a product you need to state its contents, this how things get their approvals from the governing body, really nothing more to it. Everything I’ve looked at about bud candy mentions nothing of the compound but a mix of pk with amino acids etc. 

I never asked about your yields, nor do I actually care. I was merely curious if you did a control group test of these hormones to see if there was a definitive difference, unfortunately if you have no control group the results are subjective.  

Anyways keep well. 

https://growingexposed.com/2016/04/25/interiors-project-3/

https://medium.com/@darrenxinyi/special-triacontanol-products-for-cannabis-7c2285259902

Literally took 1 minute to find this. I think there's sufficient info in these links showing triacontanol as an ingredient in bloom boosters and it's benefits. I may have made a mistake with mentioning big bud, I should have said alot of the leading bloom boosters because that was the point I was making.

Why would I need controlled group testing. I'm doing it for personal knowledge and for those interested. I don't plan on writing a thesis on triacontanol.

We are here to learn from each other and not prove each other wrong. I don't question anyone's growing abilities here cos quite honestly it's very easy to grow. 

I started this thread to show something I found interesting. I tried looking for answers on dosage and never found anything concrete. Hence the testing. I'm going to flower these out and check the end products quality compared to how it usually is. One thing I take out of this is my keepers that stretch like crazy always mess up my canopy and fall over. I now may have found a way to limit their stretch. I don't document things like this cos it's often testing that's started spontaneously when I have extra plants. I always veg more plants then I need and move the best to flower. The remaining get given away, tested on or culled. I'm always offering clones here to whoever wants. I'm all about sharing so give me a chance to share without trying to prove me wrong and if I'm wrong be cool about and let me know.

Edited by Mambawana
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...