Sativa or Indica?

PsyCLown

Sativa or Indica?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you smoke more often?

• Sativa dominant
    • Indica dominant
    • 50/50 hybrid
    • I don't care, as long as it get's me high!

Sativa leaning hybrids most of the time...

Pure indicas or heavy leaning indicas late at night...

But in saying this... I will smoke whatever situation dependant... Just the other day I met up with a mate and he had some normal outdoor (aka bushweed). Hes like bru I know you don't smoke this... and I was like... 'make it...:rastabanana

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 420sake said:

Sativa is all I know. Been in the woods 4eva, but bought some seed and trying this northern culture this year.

Lotsa trouble for less effect - has to be a reason folks break ass over indica lol

I wouldn't say indica's have less of an effect, for me it makes me pretty sleepy / chilled and lazy AF!

@Ill_Evan There no such thing as Indica gives me couch locked effect and sativa gives energy its all subjective. My same strain produced a harvest that i felt like made me lazy and my latest harvest is an energetic one.....same strain. Just like a wine, how its grown and at what latitude and altitude its all different factors.... my theory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I'm not too fussy on sativa/indica these days. I mean in reality how many strains are we really smoking these days that aren't just polyhyrids? Green Crack is often considered one of the most uplifting and energizing strains and yet it's still just a 60/40 hybrid. There's also too much phenotype variation to be able to straight up say sativa or indica (Unless one is smoking on full indicas / sativas or landraces).

Personally though, I'll smoke whatever when ever. But I prefer growing Indicas for their fast flowering times and bud structure (not so much their WPM proneness though)

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 6:36 PM, CleanGreen said:

@Ill_Evan There no such thing as Indica gives me couch locked effect and sativa gives energy its all subjective. My same strain produced a harvest that i felt like made me lazy and my latest harvest is an energetic one.....same strain. Just like a wine, how its grown and at what latitude and altitude its all different factors.... my theory.

When you harvest plays a large role in the effects as well, how mature the trichoms are.

Cloudy trichomes vs amber trichomes basically, giving the plant a bit more time to vary the "chemicals" the plant is able to produce as well.

If you harvest with less amber, the high can often be more stimulating. With more amber can lead more towards couch lock.

Too early can also lead to a possible disruption in your REM cycle, so you may wake up feeling groggy if you smoked before you went to bed and this could be prevented by letting the trichomes mature a bit more before harvesting.

Very important to check your trichomes before harvesting IMO.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

So... yall know that sativa/indica really does not mean anything about what the strain is going to do right?

Terpene profile is what makes a strain do whatever. 

Of memory recalls sativa/indica is nothing more than which hemisphere the strain originates from.

When you harvest in conjunction with your terpene profile is what makes your bud energetic or lazy.

• Agree 1

Terpines and cannbinoids.
Cannabis plants are genetically predisposed to develop both, but the profiles of each can be influenced to a degree by eviromental factors (medium, nutes, growstyle, light)

I have found that terpine profiles become more complex if harvested later.
We enjoy an interesting and enjoyable smooth smoke more than getting smacked with 10pounds of thc.
Just my 10c

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Agree 1