FABRIC POTS REQUIRED....

GARLIN

Hi Guys,

I have about 24 babies that are ready to be planted over into their final pots.

Ive been told fabric bags are best and Ive been looking into them 24 bags becomes pricey.. are there any cheaper alternatives or shops with cheaper prices ?

Please advise ....

Hi Guys,

Ive been told fabric bags are best and Ive been looking into them 24 bags becomes pricey.. are there any cheaper alternatives or shops with cheaper prices ?
Please advise ....
Message Kyle from plant matters he does give good prices for volumes

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GARLIN said:

Hi Guys,

Please advise ....

Fabric pots are great. Just judging by the way the roots grow its clear it's superiority over plastic pots. In saying this it is an expensive exercise regardless of you getting a small discount. One option is to make your own. It's actually quite easy to do and works out really cheap.

In saying all this I've moved away from fabric pots because the dry out times are a lot quicker and when life gets in the way you have very little room for error more especially when using coco. 

Proper plastic pots are not cheap either. The cheapest way for you to provide a big enough pot is quite dependant on your intended grow style and plant size. I personally buy used 25ltr plastic drums at the local plastic recycling centre for R10 a pop, cut the top off, drill some drainage holes. What I like about them is they are square in shape and really allows you to optimize your floor space. 

• Like 1

@GARLIN The pots might be pricey up front but they are reusable.

Just chuck them in the washing machine (if your Mrs will let you) or hand wash.

On a cheaper note, I have heard of people using the eco friendly material shopping bags.

Not sure of the material used or possibilities of anything leaching out the bag into your soil.

Edited by Bakstein420

• 420SA locked and unlocked this topic