Hello

SuMi

Hello everybody . I'm Sumeshan but you can call me Sumi . I'm very green to growing (pun intended) I have started my 1st grow about 3 months ago , the girls have now been switched into flower and I'm hoping I have the biggest buds I could possibly grow . I'm growing in a soil medium that I got from the growstation . And the girls are a Gelato OG and a Banana kush respectively.  They are now currently on a 12/12 light schedule . Glad to be here so I can learn from the community and possibly help others if I can.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SuMi said:

Hello everybody . I'm Sumeshan but you can call me Sumi . I'm very green to growing (pun intended) I have started my 1st grow about 3 months ago , the girls have now been switched into flower and I'm hoping I have the biggest buds I could possibly grow . I'm growing in a soil medium that I got from the growstation . And the girls are a Gelato OG and a Banana kush respectively.  They are now currently on a 12/12 light schedule . Glad to be here so I can learn from the community and possibly help others if I can.

@SuMi Welcome bud... hhmm I would advice not to aim for growing the biggest buds, growing big buds requires 100% environmental control or you WILL get bud rot and mold. 

Send some pics 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SuMi said:

I have set them to flower and was wondering why the banana kush keeps stretching ...having to lift the lights up higher everyday.

15742665984366649279436875414546.jpg

It's probably in its genetics to stretch. I would recommend bending all those tall branches so that you can get your canopy even. All those lower branches will catch up and you will be able to have your light at a decent height so everything gets sufficient light. A small scrog net over your plants will give you tons of tops just judging by the amount of nodes those branches have. Try not position the stretchy plant directly under your light, keep it to the side so when it goes through the crazy preflower stretch atleast you will have some room to play with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys ,

I'm in need of some help with one of my ladies ....please see pic attached . Can someone please explain to me what this is ?? The rest of her is healthy just this top was like this . She is a Gelato OG 

15778735295772749635607328956400.jpg

Edited by SuMi

@SuMi 

Buddy could be 1 of many things...

Lights too close, underwatering, the branch could be almost snapped at its base and many many other causes.

Maybe share some more info so the guys here can offer accurate advice.

A full pic of the plant.

How long since flip?

Are all the tops showing this issue?

What, how and when you feed? How often? What medium you using? Ph and ec?

Lighting? Grow room temps, etc?

Is this plant closest to your circulation fan?

How any plants you have and how many affected?

• Thanks 1

Hi

thank you for the response . She is being fed on a PH of 6.5. In living soil I got from the grow station . She is in week 3 of flower now . Feeding schedule is every second day as she is leaving the soil dry by mid second day . Grow room temps are around 24 degrees . She is next to the window so she should be cool . It's just her that has been affected and it's just the one top . I have main lined her in veg . She is on a diet of only bloom and micro now aswell . She is under about 200w of a home made cob led lighting solution . Sorry for the lack of spaces , beginning to panic . 

15778759261586299701921686820527.jpg

15778759919335612122729731030.jpg

15778760034362554966307155139453.jpg

15778760246567031917112147228015.jpg

• Like 1

Always best to take pics with grow lights off. Shows overall health better.

The plant is looking healthy and happy. Maybe inspect that top better for bugs with a loupe although highly unlikely. You probably damaged it by mistake or something. You still in early flower, I would just cut off the damaged part of that top. You should be experiencing alot of rapid growth you won't even notice it missing in a week or 2. Also just make it a habit to check the Ph of the runoff when ever you start seeing anything weird.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

Always best to take pics with grow lights off. Shows overall health better.

The plant is looking healthy and happy. Maybe inspect that top better for bugs with a loupe although highly unlikely. You probably damaged it by mistake or something. You still in early flower, I would just cut off the damaged part of that top. You should be experiencing alot of rapid growth you won't even notice it missing in a week or 2. Also just make it a habit to check the Ph of the runoff when ever you start seeing anything weird.

Thank you very much guys for the help !

37 minutes ago, CreX said:

One obvervation... 

That 20l bucket will no ways be light enough to rewater... Maybe every 3rd or longer. 

You should almost be able to pick the pot up with ease with one hand. 

Thanks bud will start doing this ..... btw HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

16 minutes ago, SuMi said:

I was afraid she was a herm

To find a herm, look at the plant from underneath the plant upwards. Look at the bottom of the buds. You supposed to see only calyxs and pistils. If you see something else ovally. slightly pointy next to the calyx or growing inside the calyx or underneath then that's a herm at the growth stage that you in.

• Thanks 1