New Projects

Farmer Brown

Whats Up Cannabis lovers, Farmer Brown here.

Not big on Sharing but here goes.

I have a few new projects I am starting that I am excited about!

So I have decided to work with a good old South African Genetic. Durban Poison as the Female and currently doing some pheno hunting for a very old school Afghanica male from a few beans.

I do have an 80s Skunk pheno mother that I would like to cross as well, also working with CBD Moby dick (Dinafem) and original Cannatonic (Resin Seeds) (family member is need of some quality meds), Looking to pull a decent  Durban Poison male as well to do some CBD lines.

Just finished crossing a Blue Widow female and Blue Kush Berry Male I picked out of a few beans Smelly Joe sent me a while back  (shout out to @Smelly Joe)

Looking to continue with that line busy growing a few out for the F2 at the moment.

Number of other strains that I have  growing  but not thinking of working on those just yet.

I have a small space with 18 hours of LED light and use the sun to flower at the moment.

Cheers Guys, Happy Growing.

So many seeds, so little time, so little space.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing @Farmer Brown and a warm welcome to the group :-rolled

Sounds like some very nice projects you have lined up, and using good SA genetics for a Afghani cross is very exciting!

The original DurbanPoinson should have some thcv % percentage making it quite valuable inmo.

About the meds I would just like to mention DP crosses containing thcv could act as a appetite suppressant and cbd content can also contribute, useful for those not needing to eat while medicating.

Looking forward to see your crosses, happy growing!

Edited by Dank

The 2 Afghani seedlings at 2 days young!

They loving the heat.

DP busy germing.

@Dank Yes that is the plan, also want to get the cannatonic into a form that is much happier in the heat, Might actually take an f3 or 4 once I get there of the DP x Afghani cross so I can get the better stem strength from the Afghani as well. 

Cheers

IMG_20191019_145746.jpg

IMG_20191019_145756.jpg

• Like 1

@Dank the plan is for a Afghani male and Durban female, once I get the female I want I will search for a male for the Cbd lines, I usually do a male to female of a cross and then a female to male so (Afghani male x DP female) then a (DP male to a Afghani female) to get the variety but I have grown these strains out a few times and I know which of which I am looking for, I also want this particular line to be very DP dominant.

Also I have the time to go through a few cuts as I am waiting for what's flowering at the moment to finish got maybe a month and a half left for the orange bud from Dutch passion and chocolate heaven from g13 labs and the rest has just started.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Edited by Farmer Brown
miss spelling
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

@420sakeWhat is your seed selection like for the pheno find in KZN If I may ask? How many beans have to popped to go through? Different breeders or bag seed? Always interested with genetics people work with!

I seem to of found my desired female for this project. Still currently looking for my Afghani and Strawberry shortcake male cuts.

• Like 2

Yeowza @Farmer Brown , you ask me questions right in the middle of my master class given by kzn club members so I can learn at the rate of knots. I have neva done this seriously, having sorted and pick my stable of landrace from bag seed for the next year crop with the acceptance that I lose bags of effort in growing males and then eliminating them. Keep in touch and we will show how we go, as we are on such a project right now.

I have learnt so much in the past season so far.... and I thank this community for that! Diff here is that I try do over a 100 plants in a season. I extract only.

• Like 1