False Positive?

Nimzowitsch

Hi All
Hoping someone can shed some light on this. 

A friend was tested at work for THC, the result was positive and he was declared unfit for work and has to return once a week to test, only once the person has tested negative will they be re-instated at work. 

This was a few weeks ago. Since then he has not smoking/ingesting at all.

For the first 2 weeks, there was a decline in the concentration in the amount of THC picked up in the test indicating that he hasn't been consuming. 

So....results
Week 1 - 98
Week 2 - 77

All good so far.....then...

Week 3 - 87. 

(Not sure what these numbers mean, this is just the results from the lab)

Is it at all possible for there to be a spike in your THC level after abstaining completely. 

Thanks

Maybe your friend started doing some exercise?  I skimmed through the following which suggests that there is a THC concentration increase in blood plasma after exercise or starvation, due to release from stored cannibinoids in fat cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270258/

Edited by Breadinator
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Breadinator said:

Maybe your friend started doing some exercise?  I skimmed through the following which suggests that there is a THC concentration increase in blood plasma after exercise or starvation, due to release from stored cannibinoids in fat cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270258/

I was going to say this.

Their method of testing is a bit flawed unfortunately... Ultimately they (work) do not care though.

1 minute ago, PsyCLown said:

I was going to say this.

Their method of testing is a bit flawed unfortunately... Ultimately they (work) do not care though.

Work won't care... Especially if it's just one person who keeps failing the tests. 

What test is it anyways? Piss test? Blood test? Breathalyzer? 

I don't know how they are getting fast results... Surely police men would be using this ground breaking testing method to convict us helpless growers?? 

3 minutes ago, CreX said:

Work won't care... Especially if it's just one person who keeps failing the tests. 

What test is it anyways? Piss test? Blood test? Breathalyzer? 

I don't know how they are getting fast results... Surely police men would be using this ground breaking testing method to convict us helpless growers?? 

Labs are pretty quick in terms of results, you can walk into a Lancet now and pay cash for whatever tests you want done and most of the time you will have results ready within 24 hours.

I am not sure what facilities police use and then you are generally testing a specific substance, I assume you are referring to if they take some "drugs" from you and need to send it for testing to confirm what it is?

Thanks all

So, when the piss test is done, it provides an immediate positive or negative result. If positive, it's sent to the lab where a few days later they report an amount. 

He has been exercising and detoxing like crazy since the initial test in the hopes of getting a negative result quickly. 

• 2 months later...