New grower needing advise.

Fuzzylodgic

Hello Everyone. OK so I'm new to this growing game and am just starting out. I'm growing indoors and currently have 1 X 300w led flood light (6500k) and am. Growing 2x Pots. My plants are still seedlings but seem to be doing well and I can see growth daily. I won't be growing to many plants at once, max 6 plants in the room at one time, my space dosent allow for more or maybe it will? I'm yet to establish this. My Question here is I have just ordared 2x 1200w full spectrum led units, will these 2 units including my current 300w unit be enough to grow 6 plants or am I going to be under gunned? My grow room is wrapped in reflective material (space blankets), got good ventilation etc. Current strain growing is BLUE DREAM 

You have quite a large space, those are not great lights at all and would need a looooot to fill the room with light.

Perhaps use what you have ordered and then save up and get some better lights when you're able to afford it.

Those lights are also not really 1200W, perhaps 60w to 240w at most but their efficiency will be really low and the amount of light the plants can absorb from those LEDs won't be great either.

So end of the day, you will need a lot more watts from those LEDs compare to quality LEDs, for example you may need 500w of those cheap LEDs to compare to 250w of quality LEDs and even then the results may differ - larger node spacing, buds being more airy and less dense etc.

I typed out a nice explanation regarding LEDs here: 

Edited by PsyCLown

@PsyCLown appreciate your info. As mentioned I'm pretty green to the whole indoor growing thing and still trying to figure out if I'm in this for the long term hence I'm trying to do it cheap and nasty but in saying so I have spent decent money and some good strains. Guys I'm going to have to go balls to the wall and pull out a few more penny's to add to my grow room.

Appreciate all the advice 👌🏻😎

1 hour ago, Fuzzylodgic said:

Sooooo with the info above, what kinda lighting would you guys recommend for my grow area? I'm no millionaire so I'd need to stick to entry level stuff preferably LED units due to power consumption. As it is I have a few marine tanks that help add a few extra Rands to my electricity bill. 

I personally run Quantum Boards, chineses ones with Samsung LM301B diodes and I love them!

I had some LED strips, decent diodes - Bridgelux, similar to the Samsung LM561C I believe although I did not have quite enough and it was not working as well for me so I moved my veg area back to Quantum Boards recently. So I veg and flower with those, both in 3000K actually.

Nothing wrong with LED strips though, you could look at purchasing some from Arrow or DigiKey and making them yourself - mount it to some aluminium (u channels work well).

You could also look at getting some decent COB LED's, make your own heatsink for those if you'd like. There are various options, how soon are you wanting the lights up and running? How long are you able to wait?

Also where about are you based?

• Like 1