Quantum board

Bakstein420

How many LED's per board and the sizing of the board?

Looking at those pics, the amount of LED's you get... I don't think I'll be interested.

You'd need a lot of these to compare to 2x QB288's

Edit: what power supply do they give you? The pics say it used 250v ac. So straight from our wall socket.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Migro did a video on them 

1.49 PPFD/W

Convenient, but not great efficiency.  Looks like a bit of a death trap, too.

Compared to buying a 2 PPFD/W light for twice the price,  you'll save money up until you've used about 600kWh. 

So you'll get 500 days worth of 12hrs/day light (or 333 days of 18 hrs/day), until it becomes more expensive overall with electricity, than a 2.0 PPFD/W light.  (Assuming price of electricity doesn't rise)

Edited by growopz
grammar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

@Bakstein420

So that is for 2x of the circle boards and 1 heatsink?

I assume both of the circle boards fit on 1 heatsink?

How many LED's per board and have you received it yet?

@PsyCLown The heatsink he offered was not wide enough for the boards, ended up just taking the lights at R1200.00 each, R2400.00 total.

Quick count got 148 LED's per a board.

The lights arrived a few days after ordering with 10x Sugar Black Rose x Afghan Kush (reg) seeds.  

Seeds were just in a bank bag so don't really expect much 😂 probably won't bother growing them.

@growopz  As for the power consumption, my boss has agreed to let me to do my microgrow in my air conditioned office, so he will be fitting the bill for utilities.

Here's a few pics of my DIY light, used what ever I found laying around the workshop.

20191011_081206.jpg

20191011_081217.jpg

20191011_081232.jpg

Edited by Bakstein420
  • Like 2

Alright cool, nice heatsink you made there, I assume the fan is blowing air in and across the "fins"?

R2400 plus the heatsink is not a terrible price, although curious as to how many LED's are on each board - how it may compare against a more traditional Quantum Board.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@PsyCLown  Correct, the fan is blowing over the heatsink.  It think I went a little overboard there as the heatsink barely gets warm without the fan running.

There are 148 LED's per a board.  Will start a grow journal when I get going to see how they do.

So approx 60W - 80W (I think closer to 60W though) per circular board in terms of LED output.

If they are all LM301B diodes, then around 80W would be the absolute max, although I have not seen any manufacturer advertise their QB's at the max rated power and it is generally not advised to run LED's at max either, you lose efficiency and it decreases their life span.

So around 120W of LED lighting from that light you have there. I would be curious as to the actual draw from the wall, anyway are you able to check the amps it pulls from the wall after being on for 5 - 10 min and then the voltage coming out of the wall?

@Nostrovia The guys name is Brad (stays in Capetown) zero seven eight four six zero zero six eight four.

Did all my communications with him over whatsapp.  He sells a bunch of other lighting options as well.

Alternatively, you could get it cheaper on AliExpress if you don't mind the wait.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32996402921.html

57 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@PsyCLown  According to the video above stats are as follows:

Power:  106W

PAR output:  159 PPFD

Efficiency:  1.49 PPFD/Watt

I don't have the gizmos to test myself.

That is likely the draw from the wall then, I still suspect the actual power which the LED's are receiving is around 60W, 80W at a push considering the max rated draw per LM301B diode is 0.57W

So if they are putting out 60W of power and it's drawing 106W, the efficiency is pretty shit. 44W of power being wasted. Almost double the power - not something you need to be concerned about since you are not paying for electricity but just something to keep in mind for others who are interested in possibly purchasing these lights.

Running two lights will lead to 88W of power being "wasted" and running it on 18 hours a day (for veg) leads to 65 KWH per month of wasted electricity and a total usage of 153KWH per month.

So let's put this into an easy to understand rand value, the below calculations are based on a rate R1.82 per KWH.

2x Circular lights per month will cost you R278.4, this is for a total output of around 120W of LED lighting.

Of that amount R118.30 is wasted due to the lack of efficiency.

Convenient solutions for sure, not light on electricity. Rather close to an HID setup actually. If they are legit LM301B diodes, they are great diodes! The same LED's I run actually.

How many plants do you plan on growing under that light?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Hoping to grow 2x autoflowers but will start with just 1 at first.

Nice, I think 2 would be the limit in terms of a nice spread and good light penetration.

The LM301B are awesome diodes! Please create a grow diary and keep us posted with your grow.

Are you going to be using a tent to grow in? Also what light cycle do you plan on using? If it is in an office where people are and with electronic equipment light leaks would be a concern of mine - however since it is an autoflower you can minimize the dark period duration... You could even run the light for 24 hours a day (never have a dark period).

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple Express
      Full Indoor & Full Hydro Grow Set-Up for sale - R13,000 each (or R 22 000)
      Got 2 x full grow setups, one indoor soil setup and one hydro setup.
      Whatsapp: +27 60 546 2660
      What's included in each set:
      1x Grow Tent 1.2m x1.2m x2m
      1x Lumii 720W LED 6 bar Grow Light
      6x 25l Grow Buckets OR 6 material grow bags
      1x Hydroponic pump with connecting pipes (For hydro setup only)
      1x HighPro Extractor Fan 
      2 x Oscillating Clipfans
      1x Digital Min Max Hygrometer
      1x Grow Net 1.2m x1.2m 
    • By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      I would love to have an opinion on this topic. Let me update you on what I have been working with. I have a one plant indoor grow inside a 80cm x 80cm grow tent. I use a 40l fabric pot with both Orgasoilux and Freedom farms soil (green bag). The bottom half I use Orgasoilux(20l) and the top half I use Freedom farms soil(20l). Throughout veg all I give the plant is Biodyne Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and water. This results in an extremely healthy plant.
      Once I flip to flower I start using organic bottled nutrients. In the past I have used Biobizz Bio-bloom, and more recently I have used Dirty hands inc - Bio-Phos (Jamie's brand). I give 3ml Bio-Phos once a week early flower and up it to 5ml every week mid to late flower. Plus a molasses feeding every 2 weeks and stopped using Biodyne microbes 1 week into flower.
      I was thinking about completely ditching bottled nutrients and going the topdressing route for flower. I was thinking of maybe topdressing a week before the flip with Jamie's elemental blend. I am just worried if it will provide enough for the plants through to harvest. I was also thinking of maybe using my own topdressing blend of Dry kelp, Gypsum, Malted Barley and Worm Castings. Would love an opinion on switching to topdressing for flower and if the elemental blend should be more than enough to take me to harvest. If you think I should just stick to bottled nutrients for flower let me know. I am going to include photo's of my 2 previous grows using the method I have stated above. Just trying to get the best quality flower possible :)
      Some thoughts of mine...…
      Topdressing vs Liquid Nutrients?
      Biobizz Bio-Bloom vs Dirty Hands Inc Bio-Phos?
      One topdressing enough 1 week before flip?
      Elemental Blend or my own flowering mix?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Grow:
      Medium: Top Half Freedom Farms soil (20l) + bottom half Orgasoilux(20l)
      Additives and Amendments: Molasses + Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes + Dirty Hands Inc - Bio-Phos + Mycoroot (seedling)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Seedling)
      - Solo Cup + Freedom Farms soil + Mycoroot
      -Transplant in week 2 of veg to 40l
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Veg Stage)
      - initial inoculant 2ml Environoc Microbes
      -1ml per litre  Environoc every 2 weeks
      -5ml per litre Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Environoc 1 week into flower
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Flower Stage)
      -3ml Bio-Phos every week (early flower)
      -5ml Bio-Phos every week (late flower)
      -5ml Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Bio-Phos 2 weeks before harvest
      -Feed molasses until harvest
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pictures below include TH seeds - Orangesicle + Trainwreck (darker leaves) and a photo of Orangesicle during veg

• By AK-47 Gold Arabesque
      First time growing photoperiods, quite excited. 

Genetics
      Hiroshima by Renegade Seed Co.  6 Pack

High THC, and according to the product description should deliver "high yields of dense, rock-solid buds."  Hoping to achieve that.
      Want to make one a mother and start learning to clone. The description says "These highly stable genetics produce two phenotypes at most." Should be easy to choose a winner to reveg.
      They advise topping, which I am also looking forward to learning. Want to also try "FIM" a plant or two to experiment. 
      Grow Setup
      Same as before. Here
      ~
      Lets go 
      9 November
      Seeds arrived. Also received a Promotional 2 Pack of G-Fawke.

10 November
      Seeds into a glass of spring water. Onto a heating mat and into a dark cupboard to soak for 18 hours.

11 November
      Seeds started showing roots. All 6 seeds popped, gently took them and placed them root facing down in Jiffy Preforma Plugs. 
      Covered the holes slightly and into the ROOTiT Small Propagator they go. Heating mat underneath, and gently misted with spring water. Also threaded the hygrometer reader through a ventilation hole, to see the environment reading. 
      I think this reading is fine for germination. Any and all feedback welcome.

Hoping for them all to push out effectively over the coming days. In hindsight I should have maybe done the paper towel method to get the roots longer, before putting them into the plugs. I've also previously had a failed germination where I watered a bit much, so just gently misting this time as to not drown/stunt the seeds.

• By High_grade.420
      X6 Available
      Price negotiable if you are wanting to take Multiple.
      Each Birdwing reflector includes a pair of Ratchet Hangers.
      High quality Adjust-a-wing reflector made from 95% reflective aluminum. The spread of the reflector can be adjusted, narrow and wide settings are possible to adjust the reflector to your grow area. Two sheets of aluminium are gently folded by adjustable wires to change the angle of reflection. To reduce intensity and increase area they can be tightened to decrease the width of the reflector. 
      85 x 70 x 20cm
    • By the_dagga_doll
      5x SecondHand Novas
      The Nova 420W – 1000mm produces a large amount of light(47248 Lumens), making this light ideal for larger grow operations where the fixture can be placed further away from the canopy. The light spectrum and intensity produced by this fixture are both suitable for the vegetative and flowering stage (inclusive of Far-Red chips) of growth. IP 44 standard.