Supercrop

Smelly Joe

250f0a1c5259d588e020964ec8cd8261.jpg

Hey guys and gals

Thought I'd just be fancy and throw a few pics in the tutorial section. Never did it before so here goes.....

1. Choose your plant wisely...... Or just use bagseed. I think that's what its for and to be honest I'll rather fuck up a bagseed than any decent genetics.

b0e51058dc484f44e9b8d2dbbd235830.jpg

2. Find a decent fat but not hard piece of stem. Here I have 4 options and it's all up to you where you make the crush. I like to go low during veg and just after flowering starts I'll supercrop either at the top or just above the bottom branch.

1a38b5a4b4716ec5e73d0df128681d62.jpg

3. After choosing the spot you want to supercrop, take your thumb and index finger and press until she cracks.

d04a3d58fc48d39da2b06fde41cb599e.jpg

615c0137e09b72d542047cbaebf0e080.jpg

4. After breaking her, bend the stem gently over sideways, otherwise she will split open on the side and infection and shit can go inside. If that happens tie her up and just let her be.

5bb9a18e2431bdf45a40cbff782883ab.jpg

5. After that i like to defoliate. Maybe a bit to much but hey, bagseed. I've done it many times before and still do it to this day.

0d258c7c767040ca9888fe04465e8f45.jpg

Here is another one I did. Also a unknown. I supercropped the main cola because she was already cropped early in veg just beneath where grow starts

1e331946d334019bf97b33d6ecc0aa91.jpg

2a345aeaa8da0ba00dcbcaef817d1319.jpg

This is a pick of early supercropping :

ed7af3c5bf948ff08e20038b597fa1c2.jpg

And to conclude, I am totally for supercropping. I do it outdoors and indoors. But go try it out and see for yourself. I have always seen fatter buds above supercrop.....

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

So here is the plant a day after supercropping and defoliation.

bd50d88968aa747f92e63d75b8d293d7.jpg

0344129a98a9725fa8ed832de7743add.jpg

As you can see the plant was given a HST moment but they recover quick.

Here is the other one I did:

a5f2bfb96e138b474c3c91d54a460511.jpg

b8b2e995bddcd1ee01714794aeebc728.jpg

This one also has no setbacks visually. Recovery time is quick and full recovery is in a few days. After a week she'll be growing again and by that time any part of the plant that was lagging behind should've had time to catch up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So you supercrop the tallest branches to help give the other branches time to catch up and help create a flat canopy?

I've also heard the supercropping supporters saying that its also generally useful because the place that you supercrop heals with a very strong knuckle and make the stem much stronger and more likely to hold the cola. I.e. many of them advocate doing it by default to all stems of all plants during veg.

I did a few of my unruly stems and the results have been great. Next grow I'll supercrop everything and see how that works out for me

• Like 1

There is merit in this technique.
Branches that have broken or snapped accidently or via my lst/hst and have healed, sometimes develop extra trichomes on the buds.
They are obviously more sugary.

The plant ''over compensates'' to heal itself, but be carefull not to go overboard as you could hermie the plant. The capacity to ''handle'' stress training seems quite strain dependant.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I've tried supercropping before, although I tried it on a shorter branch hoping it would catch up to the taller ones but that did not happen unfortunately. If anything if fell behind even more.

Seems I did it incorrectly though.

That's a bit the wrong way around yo! 

You must supercrop the branches that are growing faster than the slower ones... So the slower ones can catch up... And the one that was super cropped will repair itself, and more often than not, become denser and higher quality bud

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

Just checked my pots and found that the roots has filled pots quite a bit. They have around 3 weeks left maybe 4.the Buda aren't gonna reach it fullest potential unfortunately. Gonna pull in the 10L pot for next run or even the 15L

What size are they currently? 5l? 

I would recommend going with a minimum of 15l for flower... Preferably 20l

• Agree 1

What size are they currently? 5l? 
I would recommend going with a minimum of 15l for flower... Preferably 20l
Yeah they are 5L. Repotted from 15cm pots and never thought they would get rootbound. Stupid mistake. Would love to go for 15L but will test 10L first. After the next run I'll be dropping in 3 x 25L and scrog a bit

I work on 1l per week. That's what the plant needs as a general rule to not suffer any stress or stunting. 8 weeks veg, and 8 weeks flower is a 15l pot minimum. Adjust accordingly.
Me on my knees praying to Shiva:

Please god forgive me for not following the 1st rule of growing.....

• 1 month later...