Cannabis hits the JSE

Totemic

I am hoping we will see with marijuana as we saw with commercial beer. You will have the majority market controlled by the big brands, and then the "craft" variety for the more enthusiastic. 

SA could use the marijuana industry to save most of the SOE's if they implemented a regulated structure for the production of sale of marijuana products, all locally produced by local people.

Oh what a wonderful world :-stoned

• Agree 1

I hate how Lesotho 🇱🇸 does its policy on cannabis. Choking out the families who earn their lively hood from ganja and handing out rights to those who dont have economic interests in the country... way to grow an economy.

This looks like a massive headstart as a big corp being able to put their name on products and being sorta first to market come next year is quite the advantage. 

Edited by Kaneh
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr.Kaneh said:

I hate how Lesotho 🇱🇸 does its policy on cannabis. Choking out the families who earn their lively hood from ganja and handing out rights to those who dont have economic interests in the country... way to grow an economy.

This looks like a massive headstart as a big corp being able to put their name on products and being sorta first to market come next year is quite the advantage. 

Your post reminded me of the Vice documentary on marijuana in Swaziland from 5 years ago. I think comparisons can be drawn between the two circumstances. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cool doco there, @Ill_Evan. It brought back some fond memories of smoking vast quantities of Swazi Gold in December '83.

We jumped into Linda's Kombi on a Friday afternoon and headed out of Joeys for Mbabane. The moment we crossed the border (along with hundreds of other fellow South Africans) there was good herb for sale.

We watched Peter Tosh perform his Mama Africa concert Saturday afternoon/evening. Great music, great crowd. It's the only time I've ever seen a copper, in uniform, toking on a joint.

Good times.....☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1