Government gets rolling on cannabis policy - Daily Maverick

420SA

14 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I'd be pretty happy if things just stayed super grey area like it is now 🤷‍♀️

It is a pleasant limbo... We are able to do what we want mostly, but there are no rules, and that's scary. 

So I would like some rules... And then bend them from there

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, CreX said:

So I would like some rules..

Agreed, it concerns me that right now it seems like the police can simply pretend they are psychic and infer intent to sell based on nothing. The fact that any one gets prosecuted currently without the police even attempting to gather evidence of distribution is a bit scary I think.

34 minutes ago, highchome said:

Agreed, it concerns me that right now it seems like the police can simply pretend they are psychic and infer intent to sell based on nothing. The fact that any one gets prosecuted currently without the police even attempting to gather evidence of distribution is a bit scary I think.

Yeah sure, you'll get taken in and most likely all your shit will be taken but you won't ever see a jail cell or a criminal record. 

I think the police will be exactly the same regardless of whatever rules are made. At the end of the day, a cop can take you in for anything they want to but that doesn't mean you will do time or be charged. It's a game they play. They know most of the time when a case will actually see a court. They are not dumb. They just know they can waste your time and that's punishment enough for them. 

4 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Yeah sure, you'll get taken in and most likely all your shit will be taken but you won't ever see a jail cell or a criminal record. 

I think the police will be exactly the same regardless of whatever rules are made. At the end of the day, a cop can take you in for anything they want to but that doesn't mean you will do time or be charged. It's a game they play. They know most of the time when a case will actually see a court. They are not dumb. They just know they can waste your time and that's punishment enough for them. 

Fuck the po po

• Agree 3