Noob looking for advice

MartinHorne

Hello, I was really looking for a forum just to ask if anyone has any experience with freebie seeds from www.bongify.nl because I am not ure if I should put any time and effort into growing them. But now looking at this forum it all looks very interesting and I might stay around for longer ( not that I have anythig better to do, so why not...)

Hope I can add some value, I know nothing about growing yet but I have been smoking for over 20 years, so if anyone has any questions I will do my best to help!!

Edited by MartinHorne
  • Like 2

Great bro!! Welcome and welcome!! 

I have not heard of those seeds before, but maybe someone else will be able to help... 

Do they have a name? 

Have you collected seeds of any of your greatest smokes? 

If not, doesn't matter... You are in the right place for new genetics that are tried and tested! 

Stuck around.. Don't be shy... Our goal is to be chilled ouens... And to grow fat dank! So if you are in... Be prepared for a great ride 😜

Start a grow diary and we can take it from there👌

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Morning All,

I am new to growing and I am not a smoker. Sounds wacky but I am more interested in growing for pleasure and relaxation. I am a very keen gardener. It is an interesting plant. Sadly I just planted 7 seeds of which 1 died and the rest are not good seeds. Either they are old seeds but planted seeds before and have always been successful.

I purchased them from a seed bank in CT. I shan't give their names as they cannot be blamed and i like the people there.

Just purchased different cheeses and will see how I do.

Take care.

• Like 4

Morning All,
I am new to growing and I am not a smoker. Sounds wacky but I am more interested in growing for pleasure and relaxation. I am a very keen gardener. It is an interesting plant. Sadly I just planted 7 seeds of which 1 died and the rest are not good seeds. Either they are old seeds but planted seeds before and have always been successful.
I purchased them from a seed bank in CT. I shan't give their names as they cannot be blamed and i like the people there.
Take care.

Hello Vanessa,
This forum is awesome for trouble shooting as there are many experienced growers, growing in a variety of mediums and circumstances.
That said you need to give us a bit more info on your grow as cannabis can be finicky sometimes.
And you do get dud seeds.

1. Strain if known
2. Germination method
3. Indoor/outdoor
4. Grow Medium
5. Watering schedule
6. Nutrients

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you so much for replying. Goodness that was quick. 

I grew them indoors. Dropped them in water and they sunk. Then placed them in tissue paper and they seeded. Then planted them in seedling soil purchased from GreenThumb.

Watered when the soil felt light and looked dry.

No Nutrients as second leaves did not even come out and they look yellow. Have not grown at all over the last 2 weeks.

Aurora

Northern liGHTS

Bubblelisious

White Widow

Jack Horror

Swiss Cheese

I think I received bad seeds.

1 hour ago, Vanessa said:

Thank you so much for replying. Goodness that was quick. 

I grew them indoors. Dropped them in water and they sunk. Then placed them in tissue paper and they seeded. Then planted them in seedling soil purchased from GreenThumb.

Watered when the soil felt light and looked dry.

No Nutrients as second leaves did not even come out and they look yellow. Have not grown at all over the last 2 weeks.

Aurora

Northern liGHTS

Bubblelisious

White Widow

Jack Horror

Swiss Cheese

I think I received bad seeds.

Should consider starting a grow diary. i have recieved tons of help and good advice from the other growers and peeps. Its a lovley place. Welcome Vanessa

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

Thank you I shall. Not sure if I should leave these sick looking plants or turf them away. I am so devastated. Not because of my loss of money but because I feel so sorry fro them.

Well lets see what they look like first off. I also had plants i was going to toss, but they seem to be mending now with the right care. I have realized though that some strains seem almost fragile to grow. will see. I am also just learning and growing and learning.

3 hours ago, Vanessa said:

Morning All,

Take care.

Thanks Vanessa, 

Visit now and then and show us your plants and how they are growing... 

Or if you have an issue you can't seem to wrap your head around, hit us up and we will try to help👍👌

2 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

Will post a picture of my one lady who I took outside on the 19/9/2019 and she decided to flower. Bugger. 

Same happened to mine. so I put her under a 85w CFl 6400k.  she looked sick for a long time. and i see finally this week she is peaking up. The bright side is I know i have at least one lady...

14 minutes ago, MentalYeti said:

Same happened to mine. so I put her under a 85w CFl 6400k.  she looked sick for a long time. and i see finally this week she is peaking up. The bright side is I know i have at least one lady...

Sent wrong pictures of my plants. Will send a picture of the sick ones. I am new to growing. Whats 85w CFI 6400K.

Organic matters? 

Okay, indoors, what light are they under? 

The potting mix might be too hot for the seedlings... 

Seedlings can get fairly big without any external food. So I'm thinking that you have a pH issue aswell. Do you have a way to test pH?