Flowering yet?

MissMayhem

Question

Hey guys!

So @Jedi Messiah and I started growing a few plants around June this year, random bag seeds.

Two of them already look like they are flowering, but I'm not cetrain because they but the one in particular seem very small. 

First picture is oldest and is pretty big, she was grown about 3 weeks before the second plant. 

Been very healthy and vibrant. 

Topped it and did LST, grown outdoors.

Didn't give it much feed in the first month or two.

But give it bionitro and bioneem once a week and water. Pic #2 and #3 are some of the what I think are preflowers? 

Then we have plant #2 (pic #4)

the younger one, northern lights bagseed, this plant is 3 weeks younger than the first and i's only at about 15-20cm tall and maybe 10cm wide but very bushy and has a lot of also what I see to be preflowers ? 

Same feeding and water schedule.

Pic #5 is a close up of its flowers.

So my question is,

is it starting to flower? If so, will it reveg when the daylight hours increase? 

And if we should stop foliar feeds and using neem if it's flowering?

Thank's guys:-peace

20190903_135314.jpg

20190830_162220.jpg

20190903_134751.jpg

20190830_161551.jpg

20190830_161526.jpg

17 answers to this question

I'm not too clued up about outdoor grows, not sure whether it will revert to veg or not as it seems a few weeks into flower already.

It could be an autoflower as well, although a bit late to flower if that is the case. Best would be to monitor it and see.

Neem is for pest control and generally sprayed onto the leaves. If you want to flower it and it is flowering, you want to increase Phosphorus and Potassium - a bit of Calcium and Magnesium will be good too.

Hiya, so yes the plant is in flower... And yes it will reveg when more hours of light come. 

Currently we still have around 12h light

11:45 hours solid light... And about 45 min usable light from dawn and dusk. 

This will only increase going into spring. 

In the 1st of October we will be at 12:30 plus 46 min of dawn and dusk light. 

So plants should start reveging in October... And those plants will still carry on flowering... They might nit get close to harvest before they start reveging... So you can just leave it... Or you can hope to harvest and sow new seeds. 

Light info from timeanddate.com/sun/south-africa/johannesburg

Note... I have a moveable outdoor light that comes on at night to keep my outdoor plants from blooming

43 minutes ago, Smelly Joe said:

Maybe a better shot of the whole bud??? 

Will take some better ones soon. 

27 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

You still got a loooong time to go, especially if they start to reveg.

On average, most plants will flower for around 9 / 10 weeks before they'll be ready for harvesting.

It's been flowering for about 4 - 5 weeks. Hoping she finishes before the reveg thing starts. Would prefer the patch of garden being used by something better. 

Thanks guys. Will take better photos soon

8 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

Will a plant re-veg if it goes deep into flower, say 6 weeks in??? Won't it finish up???

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Won't finish up.. I also have a plant outdoor that's flowering... But I placed an outdoor light there to kick it back into veg... 

@MissMayhem, you can take a chance and finish flowering her if she let's you.

But if you see her pushing new leafy growth... Then it's time to cull as bud production is no longer the main focus. 

What do you want to put in her place? 

On 9/14/2019 at 7:56 AM, CreX said:

Won't finish up.. I also have a plant outdoor that's flowering... But I placed an outdoor light there to kick it back into veg... 

@MissMayhem, you can take a chance and finish flowering her if she let's you.

But if you see her pushing new leafy growth... Then it's time to cull as bud production is no longer the main focus. 

What do you want to put in her place? 

Some gorilla glue or perhaps OG kush. Getting my replacement seeds from biltong and buds soon. They've been really great and helpful. Few better photos. The plant is getting resinous af, touch led the tiny cola's and my fingers were sticky as shit.

20190916_101602.jpg

20190916_101443.jpg

20190916_101428.jpg

20190916_101412.jpg

I would let it grow some more. Re-potting at this stage will only result in root damage cause I doubt that all that pot is filled with roots. I think the root ball might break apart and damage the roots of you repot now. Os let her go a bit more.

I tried my hand a the Psycadellic strain but mine never made it sadly.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

I would let it grow some more. Re-potting at this stage will only result in root damage cause I doubt that all that pot is filled with roots. I think the root ball might break apart and damage the roots of you repot now. Os let her go a bit more.

I tried my hand a the Psycadellic strain but mine never made it sadly.

Thanks man. It's bulk seed bank, their strain names are confusing sometimes bru.

• Like 1

hey guys, so some updates on the plants, and a couple of questions. the one that is flowering seems to be going back into veg, what I was hoping for, was to harvest her to make some space in our garden, but she isnt ready yet. trichs are milky, and as I mentioned, seems to be revegging, leaves are getting more tender, and she's behaving differently. what I wanna know is, should i let her reveg, would harvesting now give me glorified park grass, or something decent? forced flowering isn't really an option, because she's in the ground, was considering a cardboard box, with some foil wrapped for light deprivation? anyway, here's some photos.

20190924_111741.jpg

20190924_111747.jpg

20190924_111815.jpg

20190924_111934.jpg

20190924_111935.jpg

20190924_112140.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Greg
      Hi everyone 
      A friend gave me 2 outdoor plants. That have already been budding, i dont know how long, the trichomes have become milky all over. So still waiting for some them to turn slightly amber
      He said he didnt really use nutrients religiously so they have been getting plain water for a couple of weeks. 

My question is should i add a bloom nutrient solution to them now, or just leave them to finish off. Cause im not sure how much longer it will take. 

The super lemon haze auto  is well into budding and the sativa seems like it can definetly go for much longer. 

• By Cheeezy
      Hi there
      so I’m on week 5 of my flower cycle. 
      Watering when necessary and keeping humidity between 40-50 and fighting to keep the temperature below 26
      noticing this on one of the bud leaves. Not sure what it is?
      Thx in advance
      Alby

• By 420F0R3V3R
      Hi everyone 
      I wish you all well today.
      so I have just completed my first grow I’m still pretty noob and I grew in potting soil mixed with bonemeal and fed moderate amounts of seagro most of the until closer to the end as I could now see the bonemeal burning them. I never used any flowering nutrients thinking the bonemeal would provide enough of the P, I wasn’t happy with the bud sizes ( I’ll post a pic ) I saw some EHG nutrients on growguru site it sounds ‘ amazing ‘ as most are trying to market there product but before I go ahead and purchase the A, B, micro kit I would like everyone’s opinions on the matter, I’ll be using it in coco only grow next ( I’m revenging the same plant, time wreck) and putting it in a scrog this time, but after that I want to do DWC so would it be possible for those nutes to cover me through a coco and dwc grow ?
      Incase this info is relevant I’m using 10x 15w LED bulbs @2700k 1520 lumens each.
      thanks !

ps I posted a pic of the nutes im referring to, aswell as a few bud shots 

• By ScrOGger
      Howdy folks, first post here, been lurking for a bit, not really one for introducing myself and also haven't been on a local grow forum since BelowTheLion had a grow forum...so.....eh...howzit👊.
      Recently run into some issues with root aphids, so thought it appropriate to communicate with local communities in order to see what methods people have used in the past to treat infestations, as well as share my experiences.
      * Currently Day 25 of Flower at posting(11/04/2019)
      Setup:
      Mars Grow Tent(Total Grow Space - 2.4mx1.2mx2m) 1 x Extractor(700m3/hr - 11.67m3/minute) - Negative Pressure 600w HID(Sunmaster - Dual Spectrum [Flowering Period Only]) 2 x 45l D.W.C Reservoirs 2 Plants per res.(125mm Net Pots with Hydrotron/LECA) ScroGged(Utilised Grow Space - 1mx1.4m) Strain:
      4 x Green House Seed Co. A.M.S.(Identical Cuts)  
      Preface:
      For the record, I had some how allowed myself to be fooled by the idea that subterranean pests wouldn't really be a factor in hydroponics, especially Deep Water Culture, but boy was i mistaken, so please, don't fool yourselves with this idea guys.
      If anything, in my resulting opinion, the hydroponic environment can actually be more conducive to certain pests growth when comapred with its media/soil counterparts, however, on the flip side, much like dealing with nutrient burns or P.H. issues, hydroponic systems have a greater potential for fast recover.(*Provided you are able to identify the issue/infestation early enough.)

In hind sight, I can easily say that the first sign of my infestation actually started showing a little over a week ago, however I would only come to realise this 3 days ago.
      It started with me waking up to finding a mass of dead fliers on my tent floor, which I had simply assumed were just miggies trying to get to my light and moved on, however I would soon realise that these were actually the winged adults of an aphid infestation.
      I only realised the true issue when it came to nute change time, which is when I discovered a rather established Root Aphid infestation when going to siphon my reservoirs.
      *This is when Hydrogen Peroxide(H2O2) becomes your next best friend.
      Treatment:
      Day 1: Sprayed with Ludwigs Insect Spray +. Flushed reservoirs with fresh water and tried to physically remove and wash off any visible aphids as much as possible. Filled reservoirs with P.H. balanced water and added 12ml(30% H2O2[Clicks - 30 Vol.]) per resivour. Only water/circulation pump running - aeration turned off to potentially try reduce H2O2 reduction to H2O. Day 2: Sprayed with Ludwigs Insect Spray +. Added 5ml(30% H2O2[Clicks - 30 Vol.]) to each reservoir. Day 3: Flushed reservoirs with fresh water and tried to physically remove and wash off any visible aphid debris as much as possible - can clearly see that the infestation is not thriving like it was. Added normal flowering nute mix Aerators back on(*System to run as normal) I definitely feel that my initial knock of the infestation has been successful, however it is crucial that I ensure that I keep on top of this infestation by inspecting my rootzone multiple times a day when possible as well as spraying Ludwigs Insect Spray + to ensure that any crawling/flying aphids are exterminated and unable to continue their life cycle.(I have had great success with Ludwigs Insect Spray + for canopy/foliage pests).
      If I see any signs of the root aphids getting a grip again,  I will repeat the steps from day 1 and 2(H2O2 Volume to be determined).
      *Yellow fly paper would also be extremely beneficial at reducing winged flier survival success rate
      *It is crucial that anyone reading this post realises that these are my experiences with a Deep Water Culture Hydroponic system, and that if you encounter root aphids in a soil-type medium, H2O2 will destroy any organic organisms in your medium, if at a strong enough concentration, beneficial organism or not. Ensure that you consider this and research accordingly before taking this as word.
      *Please also realise that the effects of root aphids will most likely show as a nutrient deficiency first, unless the rootzone infestation is noticed before hand by the grower.
      Any experiences or input would be much appreciated - substantiated or opinionated <3.