Daggafontein Genetics

Daggafontein - Who are we?

Hi 420sa community!

A little more about Daggafontein Genetics.

I am Bob, the marketing guy and my partner is Stu, the genetics dude. I am active on social media, Stu shy's away, so if there are any questions which I am not able to answer, bear with us a bit as messages take a while to get to Daggafontein and back!

Our strains come from a medicinal background and the need to reliably grow outdoor varieties of high THC content. They also come from our shared appreciation of an iRiE smoke, of good quality bud, grown naturally and organically and pesticide free. Stu deals with our grow and has been tinkering with strain genetics for the last 10 years and actively working on our 3 flagship strains for the last 4 seasons. I have been growing his creations locally (not Daggafontein) and testing in a variety of medium. Testing his bud grown on the farm. Testing mine. Passing our seeds and buds to our buds and getting feedback. Testing some more (best part, I kid you not!), until we both felt, our ladies were ready for a wider audience, hardy to our environment and a good smoke, packed with punch.

What we now need is to get our genetics out there, and prove we were not just up in smoke. We will be running a competition very soon to giveaway some seeds. If you do grow our genetics, please share your grow with us in our Grow Diary. If you were not lucky enough to win, you can pick some up at www.daggafontein.com or one of our stockists. 

We wholeheartedly support the craft industry and resist the push by government and big pharma to make licensing expensive and unattainable. Free to sow. Free to grow. 

To new beginnings. Happy growing!

iRiE TO THE iRiE! 💚🌱💛🌱❤️

Bob

nr1-baby-DGbuffaloCheese-960x960.jpg

• Like 3

Jissie - maar dis 'n mooi prentjie daai!

Thank you Bob and Stu!

Keen to do some homework and genetics educational basics with our beloved DP here in SA.

Any views in obtaining any Durban Poison seeds for us to do some work on here in kzn? Would be keen to source for our team here to play with.

• Like 1

I have collected and tried many Durban Poison offerings. The dutch passion and sensi seeds versions were both crossed to skunk #1 and so i disregard those as authentic. The Durban offered first by Tropical seeds company and then later and I think still now offered by Cannabiogen is a Durban bag seed variety found in Johannesburg in 2008 by a grower calling himself African Herbman. I have grown out both the Tropical seeds company version and the Cannabiogen version and its the same seeds just worked a bit differently. This version is legit. Its a skinny tall thin leafed plant with pencil shaped tiny buds with a thrilling electric high - like cocaine. The smell is mostly lemony. 

I also have been collecting Durban Poison bag seeds and I live by Durban. The last two years I have been trying out a taxi rank durban poison that is spot on for smells and looks to what I remember as a kid but I cant find one that doesnt herm yet... 

• Like 2

Yeah man the herm trait is a bugger and a headache for manny. Bagseed is 99% herm I believe. If u don't know who the dad was or you had some plants herm, any seed you harvest is a waste of time.. Males herm too, so you never really know unless u KNOW..

:-peace

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My versions do not look too bad. And its my own seed - just 20 years on. Then I also and new to this genetics thing. Been uninterested in the rest of the world , mostly.

But I am happy to viz to everyone interested here. Will do pics.

Love my local landrace. Its the plant that gave me my first litre of oil.

@oldsandals  look fwd meeting you over at Natal growerz club, we have a project or two in hand.

Edited by 420sake
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the odds, but made a quick selection of my phone....

You can see the last two pics is where we started on December 23 after the hail storm - with nothing but stalks of which we chopped 90%

20200322_130422R.thumb.jpg.3862be8250d0a54d813fdbc65eab3ee2.jpg20200322_130136R.thumb.jpg.5d31601faa9ebc8f34d2d824b6b1aec5.jpg20200322_130106R.thumb.jpg.52d58df1696a490d89fbb7d1ec46bbf9.jpg20200322_125858r.thumb.jpg.b809214f4b0a4c8bdef4dbc491e51985.jpg20200322_125823R.thumb.jpg.9ac8d665f7a3b5e534e567602ed05ce1.jpg20200322_125746R.thumb.jpg.cd10e407dfa823ab3fde8b1f8c013175.jpg20200322_125733R.thumb.jpg.db8915c6cf73fcfba33e3e2b04f45ffd.jpg320191225_163434R.thumb.jpg.5cb42a8b595a11ffc1f462cbadec81ea.jpg320191225_163442R.thumb.jpg.e10b1d83d2e21d9148c6ba42ad56c36f.jpg

Edited by 420sake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So if you are keen to join the Natal club project - give us a line and come join in. We cooking up a foundation :-hilarious

Sorry to the Daggafontein team - hoggin the thread - but it is the bouytjie from Daggafontein proper, making a mark.

Will have some stock seedz to test.

We are coming with a "New" DP soon!  :-grooving

Edited by 420sake
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Awesome, that does look much better than before. Hope those swazi's do the thing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk