Teas, Teas, Teas!!!

CreX

Yea man... Teas can be made with almost anything haha. 

It's a bit daunting in the beginning... But after a while and a bit of research here and there... Your teas can be as simple or complex as you want, but as long as the results are there, you're good to go😁😁

Started a batch yesterday and fed the ladies this morning as the tea helps plants recover from stress. We had a big bloody storm, blew for 2 days, nearly lost the grow house. Our plants are looking worse for wear but no serious damage.

Busy with a seaweed fertilizer brew, hoping it will be a good addition as well. But still 2mnths to go. Lots of minerals and micro nutes.
Cheers860f10438cf9aa1f3f69e02ed471627e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow that tea looks like low tide by the ocean lol. I've been helping some people for a few years to get their gardens up to par. By that I mean digging, planting, building compost heaps, making teas building greenhouses etc, on a lower scale.

I've made tea from kelp we picked up on the beach. That alone just makes the plants grow on its own. But fauna and flora gets weird at some beaches.....

I will go up to the mountain this weekend and find some good healthy grow areas and get soil from there for the tea.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow that tea looks like low tide by the ocean lol. I've been helping some people for a few years to get their gardens up to par. By that I mean digging, planting, building compost heaps, making teas building greenhouses etc, on a lower scale.

I've made tea from kelp we picked up on the beach. That alone just makes the plants grow on its own. But fauna and flora gets weird at some beaches.....

I will go up to the mountain this weekend and find some good healthy grow areas and get soil from there for the tea.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Cool, yeah I have gone walk about with a bucket and spade before. It really relaxing actually, except the looks from passersby, they must think I'm bonkers

Guys - this is heaven sent in my case, as we make tea for our nursery but not with a vortex brewer. Our worm farm under flow get added to a drum with Comfrey in it. Comfrey has nutes potential apart from the rotting effect when the brew is matured in a drum. Have never caught on for the agitation effect. I can see my new beans having popped in grow mediums that are not quite alive, are definitely at a disadvantage.

Any goto sources for a vortex design? I am going to start a brewer with a pump on it as soon as I get the materials together. @CreX Thanks soooo much for this heads up thread 🥴

16 minutes ago, 420sake said:

Guys - this is heaven sent in my case, as we make tea for our nursery but not with a vortex brewer. Our worm farm under flow get added to a drum with Comfrey in it. Comfrey has nutes potential apart from the rotting effect when the brew is matured in a drum. Have never caught on for the agitation effect. I can see my new beans having popped in grow mediums that are not quite alive, are definitely at a disadvantage.

Any goto sources for a vortex design? I am going to start a brewer with a pump on it as soon as I get the materials together. @CreX Thanks soooo much for this heads up thread 🥴

Nice!! Lol as a matter of fact... Yes... I have a small guide to how I built this one in the DIY section. Let me get you the link. 

• Like 1

so i thought i posted a topic on how to make one! but i didnt.

Heres a topic covering vortex brewing though

and here is the pro level version haha

Both are fairly straight forward to build and neither require any crazy special tools, you could get everything at most hardware stores, like Jacks paint or builders.

i could post a tutorial in the DIY section if peeps are keen? the Air lift function being the most important past, which is covered in the first link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Vanessa here's the tea section.

I try to be as diverse as I can! 

Here's another tea I brewed a few days ago. 

I neglected it a bit and left it to brew for 65 hours about... And wow what a sludge fest lol!! 

I think the brew started to monoculture a bit and the microbes had consumed all the molasses I gave them. 

But all good! I gave it to all my plants and garden plants... They love it so much!! 

This brew was very basic. 

1 handful of earthy soil(I need to get more from the Forrest) 

50ml EMProSoil 

A sploosh or 2 of mollasses 

50ml milk (microbes love milk) 

20ml or so humic acids

All the brown sludge is microbe populations - this was a very bad ass tea 

IMG_20191004_065210.jpg

IMG_20191004_065215.jpg

• Thanks 1

Humic Acid.???? MILK!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. Lol. Milk I know but Humid acid. Maybe I shall ask Green thumb. The gents there are super helpful.

Can I start planting my clones outside in the ground?  I worry they will go into flower. I had over 10 turn into Hermies. I turfed them out.

I did start my tea in a huge green Jojo tank as i wish to feed my garden as well as my plants. Used Culterra compost, Molasses, Kelp and that pump thingy to make air.

Yea... Humic acids are amazing in teas! 

Green thumb sell the EMProSoil and another product that is a must. 

Mycorrhizal fungi👌super cheap and a life saver! 

I have previously asked their advice on teas and the first response was "teas?" 

After that there was very little useful info from them. None to be exact. None of the hydro companies really know anything about teas... But they sell the ingredients. 

I do hope that's changed. 

I'm not so sure a Jojo is ideal. 

You would need to really pump a lot of air into the tank to keep it oxygenated. 

And you want to avoid brewing for extended periods of time. Monoculture tents to happen and monoculture teas are not good teas. 

Diversity is key. 

I use my teas at full strength every time. 

But it's advised to brew small manageable batches and dilute it down to like a 1:50.

The microbes will eat up all the molasses in no time and once it's gone, will start eating each other and other bacteria and fungi groups that you actually want in the teas. 

@Vanessa

Edited by CreX

1 minute ago, Vanessa said:

I think i need to study this much further. I have an Acre of land and that is why I made so much. I have a lot of feeding to do with my roses and grapes I also grow. 

Did u read my question regarding if I may plant outside.

I did, I replied to it just a little up. 

You can plant them outside... But might need a little outdoor light to keep them in veg for another month before nature takes over. 

Sounds like a sweet garden! Do you plan on using an irrigation system to disperse the tea? Or by hand? 

All by hand. I have a very good gardener. Thank you for saying I have a sweet garden. I planted many fruit trees as well, so they will also benefit from the tea. i shall keep a spot light on them at night. I have a Yorkie that suffers from stress when she is away from me.  One day she began eating the leaves and a few flowers that fell on the floor. I noticed it calmed her down some what. Dare I say she was stoned that night. Something I cannot relate to as I don't do "Dagga" smiles. She slept like a baby.

• Like 1

Evening.
Many animals benefit from cannabis.

Friend ours has a 17jr old Jack Russel that had arthritis and was in constant pain, made her some cannabutter. She gives her dog only a knife points worth every day and it made a huge difference. She seems without pain and can walk and run normally.
Cheers.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What's up guys!! 

I haven't made one of these in a while!! 

I finally got my brewer up and running... With a few mods as it was leaky as fuck!!! 

Today's mix is

Oats, mollasses, mycorrhizal fungi, EMProSoil, a bag of soil from a garden, humic acids, and I think that's it... 

Here's a Pic of the vortex in action! 

IMG_20200103_225225.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreX said:

What's up guys!! 

I haven't made one of these in a while!! 

I finally got my brewer up and running... With a few mods as it was leaky as fuck!!! 

Today's mix is

Oats, mollasses, mycorrhizal fungi, EMProSoil, a bag of soil from a garden, humic acids, and I think that's it... 

Here's a Pic of the vortex in action! 

IMG_20200103_225225.jpg

@CreX 

It's nice you giving the gals a treat...

Is that a specific recipe for a specific growth stage or is it like a general inoculation to increase microbial population?

I'm currently have 2 plants vegging outdoor in coco. I've only been feeding a simple compost tea... compost and worm castings, recycled water from aircon. Bubbling 36 hours. Plants are doing well but I know this tea not gonna sustain the plants past veg. 

How's a recipe for a flowering tea. I'm asking you and not researching cos I'm sure I would have access to the ingredients you use. :-peace

Yea this was just a quick one with what I had around. Need more worm castings tho. 

Something to help a few plants along haha. 

Sjoe! A tea for bloom hey? 

Most peeps are only interested in if it's bacteria Dom or fungi Dom as I don't think much changes in the way plants absorb nutrients in veg and bloom, other than the rate of absorbsion , and different amounts or quantities of nutrients. 

But, I guess you could add some ammendments like fire juice, which has amino acids and phosphorus and potassium and that would be a sweet add towards the end of your brew, last few hours as the fire juice is a bokashi mix which is anaerobic bacteria and we grow aerobic bacteria in the tea. 

Explogrow would be amazing. 

Diversity is the key, no matter what stage the plants are in, so I would get a dank soil sample from a forest or work, or somewhere where the plants are growing boss. 

• Like 1

This brew came to an end last night, and I fed 18l of tea to all the plants last night. 

This morning I was met with beautiful adoring plants that were paying homage to me by praying like mofos!!! 

This is what the sock looked like at the end, teeming with life!! 

I always know iv added the right amount of mollasses to the brew when the brew stops smelling like molasses at the end of the brew. That's a good thing as well because you want the microbes to start assimilating whatever nutes are available to make it easier for the plant to uptake. 

If there's one thing I never skimp on, is humic acids... The chelets in the HA are your biggest friend, they are able to attach to nutes that the plant battles to absorb, and then the plant is able to uptake that nute easier. Fulvic acids would be better for hydro as there are less solids in it, and many more chelets. 

I just don't have. 

IMG_20200105_072235.jpg

32 minutes ago, SmokeyZero said:

@CreX looking great, if i wanted to incorporate teas  into my DWC, do i just brew it and add it to the reservoir? diluted or full strength? 

Also it feels a bit risky as i try to keep my Res clean and properly clean it between Res changes. 

You my friend, have never experienced cyanobacteria at its worst!! 

I used to be a meticulous res cleaner and kept my res as sparkly as I could and as sterile as I could!! 

Then I was silly... I told a friend that I can help her poor plant by sticking it in the res... So I washed the roots off nicely and put it in the res.... 

Boom... Within one week... I was crippled without hope of recovery. 

I scoured the net and got little info on what to do.... Mostly was advised to pack up... Buy new res buckets and move home lol. 

That's when I found out about Heisenberg tea. 

And it changed my life!! 

His brew is full of American additives that are not available in SA... So I researched like a mofo... Read up on every ingredient and found something similar in SA... Went out and bought the stuff, @GreenthumbHydro hooked me up with all that I needed, and so I started my journey with teas....

Within 3 days I was seeing signs of recovery, and within a week I was seeing new growth on all my DWC plants. 

Not only recovery.... Fuck booooi iv never seen growth like that before... It was amazing!!! 

But to answer your question.... I brew that 18l and it could probably be diluted to cover an entire hectare.... 

But I have played around and nowadays I go full strength... But quantity... Mmm

I use a 250ml container to add tea to the buckets. 

And go one 250ml dose in a 30l DWC bucket.

In the plants I have in coco, I went a full 1.5l per 20l Fibre pot and they loved it

@CreX haha man i cant even pronounce that word - cyanobacteria by who?  for what?..

That just sounds terrible and being a newbie i really don't want to find out what that is by making mistakes. Guess i will have to do the same research then before i get introduced to more creatures from hell. 

I have all the equipment to brew teas just need to get the correct ingredients sorted and then i will try a tea in the DWC system. I have 4 plants in their own RES, so i will use one of them as a test and dump the tea in there. 

• Like 1

I think I may have listed the ingredients I use... But not what the American version of it is. 

Most important would be to read some of heisenbergs posts on some of the international forums... Your mind will be blown

But if I had to give you the most basic ingredients, they would be. 

Humic acids - up to 5%of the tea mix, which is a fuck truckload.. I barely ever go above 0.001% of the mix or 20ml per 20l of water

Molasses - a hearty table spoon full of unsulphated blackstrap mollasses *MUST be unsulphated

Mycorrhizal fungi - mycoroot from Green thumb or Organics matter, about 20-30mls of the spore stones

Heisenbergs recommends ancient Forrest compost as a good base for the tea, but iv found that any compost will suffice.... Even better is a cup of soil from a nearby Forrest and a cup from a different location, but also from under healthy growing plants. 

Another good add is EMProSoil from GThydro as it has a ton of microbes to add diversity to the brew. This stuff doesn't have a long shelf life, so I tend to use quite a bit each time, roughly 100mls

And that's it!! Boom!! 

You can add other things like 

Kelpak 

Rock dust

Oats

Coffee beans

Actual teabags(like one per 20l)

Brown sugar

And the list goes on and on! 

• Like 1