Light cycles

SkunkPharm

Question

9 answers to this question

From what I have read, as long as you have regular dark schedules and not jumbled it should be fine, so an 18/12 for flowering should work. 

Lights will be on more often so you can expect a jump in electricity. 

From what I have read... You can get a 15-30% increase in yeilds. 

At the cost of adjusting to a 30 hour light cycle to do maintenance and things you need to do. 

Are you thinking about trying? 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 8:07 AM, Kgrows said:

What about a short day cycle? Like 6/2 for veg & 6/12 for flower on/off. Has anyone tried that?

So quick math, 6/2 is 8 hours... So that's basically 18/6 with 3 dark Cycles during the day - I can't imagine any way to properly maintain stuff in a schedule like that... It will work...  But why do that to yourself haha. 

And 6/12......

Strong Plants need and get 8 hours continuously minimum every day. 

Don't do this.... Not even in the name of science. 

If you really want to mess with light cycles, make it work for you... Light is not more important than maintenance... And with an odd light schedule you could neglect maintenance to the point of detriment. 

Schedules like 24/0, 20/4, 18/6 are great for veg... No point in weird timings in veg... You want growth... Give them more light less darkness... 

Schedules like 14/10, 12/12, 10/14 for bloom will be your best bets. 

As long as the plant regularly gets a minimum of 11 hours continuous dark, you can play with fancy cycles here. 

Cycles on a 36 hour day 24/12, have been proven to increase yeilds, at the cost of more electricity, more nutes more everything... And it's not actually worth it when the cookie actually crumbles. 

In the end, if you wanna grow good bud, keep it simple, make it easy... And the flowers will be great🌸💦

6/2 gives me 2 dark cycles when its dark out & 1 in the day, i have no issue with doing maintenance with this schedule. basically the idea is that cannabis is a short day plant & this schedule 3 days in a 24 hour period. you train the plants from small so the 8 hour thing becomes irrelevant, i watch my plants carefully & find after about 6 hours the plants get tired, leaves start to droop, you need a min of 2hrs dark for whatever processes need to happen, so that 2 hour break seems to energise them for the next 6 - look this up its a well known veg light cycle, i've been using it on the indoor compo, although its not a good example cos of my other fuckups, but i've used this cycle to get my plants ready for flower in 4-5 weeks of veg with solid structure thats about the equivalent of a 7-8 veg. this also helps a lot during load shedding.

6/12 is a 36hr cycle too for flowering, i havent tried this though, the maths doesnt quite add up though, some days you'll get 18hrs of darkness within a 24hr period, which i dont know how the plants will react to. I'll give this a go at some point, but not on this grow. tbh i dont like to play too much with light cycles during flower, i prefer to play with the spectrum at this stage, things like, introducing far red for the last 30mins of light cycle etc

while i appreciate the KISS aspect, i did that for my first few grows, but i've been growing for a while now & i get bored easily so i experiment a lot & complicate the fuck out of errthing lol