Help with light

Smelly Joe

Hey guys

Was busy looking for something and came across this light I got a long time ago. Never used it cause I wasn't sure if it was cost effective at that time. Well I still don't.... Do any of you guys know if this light is the same as a CFL maybe or is it more towards the heavy pullers???

I need a lights for my cuttings and its 60w......

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had it and I tested it. Its a great light for light. Not entirely sure what the light spectrum is but it will be used for something else.

Gonna use it on seeds to germ to see what it does. Saw a bigger one at a wine farm last week being used as a spotlight alongside a 400w MH and a LED Spotlight. Thing is insanely bright

Induction florescent. It uses electro magnets to accelerate the particles. It is the same as florescent light. It is about 3-5% more efficient than normal florescent tubes. The cost does not justify the use this not used more commonly for growing. But if it's lying around it should be perfect for seedlings and clones.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thought so. I always doubt stuff even if tested with Amp meter etc. Just always great to hear another growers opinion...

It's currently moving its way into the veg cab (mentally). Was thinking of using it for the clones but that is just way to bright (personally) . Rather ended up pulling in some wire and hooked up a 14w cfl. I'll maybe try it out to get the cuttings stronger after transplant.....

Thanx for input

• Like 1