The Totemic View

For the longest time, my mouth has had me in trouble, hated, a target. This is a norm in my life, but amplified when it comes to Cannabis.

So I thought I'd share a snapshot of what drives me, my views regarding the law and the best possible outcome that I fight and hope for.

Being a dissident comes naturally, and the Concourts ruling has been the first step in a positive direction regarding stupid laws.

I'm first and foremost anti-legalisation.

From a commercial point of view, legalization is being driven by money. Its evident as you watch US and Canadian policy being cemented into their respective law statutes.

I'm also anti capitalist, so naturally, legalization makes no sense to me, on purpose.

My view is simple. Cannabis in its entirety should never have been allowed to be statuted in law at all. In my view, the word Cannabis should cease to have any legal definition at all. Disappear from law.

There are thousands of plant species that are outright fatal due to their toxicity, yet not one features in law. Lettuce doesnt feature in law. Why should Cannabis? I see both as a food crop. Whether its food for the body or food for the mind, they are equally benign.

I can't find one genuinely rational reason why we need to legalize and then by implication,  tightly control cannabis, except for the financial exploitation angle.

I hope to in my life see the plant being freed from the clutches of our governments and law. Entirely freed.

What's your view?

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

@Totemic I total agree with "Cannabis in its entirety should never have been allowed to be statuted in law at all" It also pisses me off that big money are commercializing it, makes it hard for small people to get on top.  Your "anti capitalist" are a bit disturbing. People think capitalism is an ideology, its not its an natural system of exchange btw goods/services. Opposite of capitalism is kind of corporatism, and this is the kind that had plagued the world in the last 100 years. Capitalism has caused the most people in history to be pulled out of poverty.....

My view... death to Marxism!

Capitalism would most likely work if 100% of us were honest. That's never gonna happen. Until our minds can be programmed otherwise. The competition polls attest to this fact 😂

@Totemic when you say cannabis should disappear from law do you effectively mean that it should be fully legalised? i.e. as legal as lettuce? lol for it to have no regulation would mean it would have to be fully legalised, open trade for all.

If it was totally unregulated, what about keeping it clear of youth? Sure, educating your kid is most important but not all parents follow through with that. The only regulation I see fit for cannabis is regulating the youth's access to it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I still can't come to a rational conclusion why a plant needs any legislation. Legalisation implies laws exist governing cannabis. Outlawing nature is a crime. If laws governing the protection of minors step up, it can't possibly be more severe than our current liquor laws. 

My point is the law has been the primary vilifier of Cannabis. The problem is that.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

@420SA if you look at Hawaiin Baby Wood Rose seeds for example, you can purchase that off eBay.

Nothing really stops a minor from ordering some, why is cannabis different or what am I not getting?

Popularity aside, why is it that HBWR seeds are not a problem but cannabis it? How come nobody is stopping kids from purchasing and consuming the HBWR seeds?

If kids want to do something, they're gonna do it and more often than not I think it is the attention drawn to something they should not do which most likely makes them curious and want to do it even more. It intrigues them. If there is no fuss made about it, it's more of a "who cares" type of thing.

• Agree 1

If kids gonna smoke weed then I hope that's the most extreme thing they ever do. I for certain did worse as a kid than I do now as an adult. 

I just want to be able to freely grow and enjoy my weed without fear of any prosecution, and if I felt my product worthy for the exchange of monetary funds in order to pay the rent, then also be allowed to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1