Gardening Hacks

Oolong83

26 minutes ago, CreX said:

But it does open the door for couriers, as you can comfortably send a fresh cutting,if you wanted, to anywhere locally really and the guy on the other end can do as he pleases. Even if it gets stuck somewhere... A week, 2 weeks... The cutting will come out just fine. 

Oooh the possibilities 

On 8/7/2019 at 10:42 AM, Oolong83 said:

Has any of you guys ever tried Flavoring your cannabis plants? Seems pretty easy.

This has been on my mind for a while now, so ive decided to give it a go. 

Im going to flavor 1 of my Lemon Skunk plants with Lemon essence. As it already has that zesty taste, im hoping that the lemon essence will enhance the lemon flavor in the bud(smell&taste).

will start first feeding today. 

Holding thumbs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 2:00 PM, CreX said:

Stick a cutting in a bag with a bit of tap water and give it some time on the outskirts of your grow lights. 

IMG-20190807-WA0022.jpg

And there you have it folks!! It only took a whole month lmao😂

As soon as I saw that, I took the Pic... And took the poor thing and started the recovery process... Should be right as rain in no time👌

IMG_20190909_204714.jpg

• Like 2

But why?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I ask the same question.

If you want flavour in your weed, just grow it properly. Flavored water will do nothing except maybe fuck it up or maybe just nothing. If it worked then everyone would be doing it.

Mmmmm, watermelon.......

But no don't do it. You'll be wasting your money and time. Heck you might even get some ants, I don't know...

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Foxfarms has products to flavour your weed, bubblegum, pineapple, etc. 

but this dude in the clip says you can get those same results by using baking supplies. Ie flavour essence.

i would try it to know if it actually does make a difference or not. 

It wont cover any already present odors or tastes, just add to them.

Okay okes, in my very much beginning years I also wanted to try little sideline projects where you mess with the plants, smells etc. Here is what I can tell you.

If you want to play with artificial flavours well smells, not really flavours, take your ready to harvest plant, leave it in its dark cycle so nutrients and moisture cruize down to the roots. I normally leave mine in a dark tent for 24 hours.

Cut the branch youre wanting to screw with and immediately put it in an 'essence', vanilla caramel lemon or whatever, then place it in your window for 10mins or so after which you can hang it to dry.

The cutting will absorb some essence as it now tries to pull liquids back in because it's 'daytime'. Most of the smell will go away during the drying process but it does give it I hint of whatever essence you used.

The same can be done with food colouting, but again, minimal effect. You could al add some humidity to your already dried herb using a lemon peel, which also makes you think your herb smells like lemon, perhaps it does, but does nothing worth mentioning for the taste

Downers:

You are allowing your about to be dried flowers to suck up a bunch of liquid just before that have to dry, mold risk

You are adding stuff that's not supposed to be there, it does make for a scratchier smoke.

It's effort compared to buying the right strain the first time around. Each strain has its own flavours, colors and vibes. Experiment with different strains, even a properly grown bagseed can be an excellent smoke.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

If you're struggling with germinating older beans or rooting clones

"The alternative that we propose is to use auxins produced in a natural and organic way by using germinated seeds of certain legumes such as lentils and/or chickpeas.

https://pevgrow.com/blog/en/homemade-root-stimulant-for-growth-and-flowering/

Edited by zairek

I was wondering about food colouring and cuttings, does it pull it up like rose petals or not?
It works, the cutting draws up the colour and it looks impressive.
BUT be aware.... it is nearly unsmokable afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk