Male or Not

Spaceman

Question

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Agreed, a pic under normal white light and closer up if possible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
ย 

These are two different plants - I hope this helps.

I am not exactly sure as this is my first grow, so I am going on what I think I know - but the help is much appreciated.

2-08-2019 - 02 Identifying Male.jpg

2-08-2019 - 01 Identifying Male.jpg

• Like 1

You can keep an eye on them if they form balls that drop its a male, if itย stays up like aย spear could be female, you need a kind ofย spearย shaped calyx with a white hair or twoย sticking out. It kind of looks like aย speared calyx without the hair, however it is a bit hard to tell from the pics, any chance of a macroย shot of the pistil forming?

Are they on a 12/12 light cycle, ifย so you will know within a week imย sure.

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

@Dankย  - they are not 12/12 yet - maybe another 2-3 weeks, like I said this is my first grow, so I am not exactly sure what to look for and on the other hand super nervous to mess up my females with some horny males ๐Ÿ˜‰

If they are not autoflowering beanz I dont think you have much to worry about in that room. The female plant will need to have a properly developed calyx in order to receive the pollen, by then you would have identified males and females quite easily.

Male plants will develop their pollenย saks a little while before actually dropping the pollen, perhaps a week orย so, more or less depending.

There is a nice picture of a single male pollenย sak at the bottom of the 2nd page of my growoff thread, also pictures of the female pistils.

EDIT: The issue might be more about wastedย space and time if or when you discover your male/s I would say, but you could go back into veg fairlyย soon after identifying theย sex.ย 

ย 

Edited by Dank

yeah dont call it too soon, it will be very obvious if its a male in due time, then just carefully take that plant out and let the ladies be lesbian ๐Ÿ˜„yeah dont call it too soon, it will be very obvious if its a male in due time, then just carefully take that plant out and let the ladies be lesbian ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 11:36 AM, dbnsurfer said:

yeah dont call it too soon, it will be very obvious if its a male in due time, then just carefully take that plant out and let the ladies be lesbian ๐Ÿ˜„yeah dont call it too soon, it will be very obvious if its a male in due time, then just carefully take that plant out and let the ladies be lesbian ๐Ÿ˜„

LOL you can tell this guys a surfer stoner๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ„