RapidLeds

Nostrovia

They have a sale on, at the moment.  I picked up a bunch of Vero29s for $15 and some Citizen 1212 Royal Blues/Ambers for $12.   

Shipping was pretty fast.  

They're likely trying to get rid of their Citizen 1212 and Vero29 stock.  Citizen 1212 is probably the weakest brand-name COB on the market. 

Vero29 is a solid COB though.  Better than Cree CXB3590 in all my testing.

But Bridgelux has improved efficiency of their latest gen 7 COBs by 6%, so maybe they're trying to get rid of the older ones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, growopz said:

They have a sale on, at the moment.  I picked up a bunch of Vero29s for $15 and some Citizen 1212 Royal Blues/Ambers for $12.   

Shipping was pretty fast.  

They're likely trying to get rid of their Citizen 1212 and Vero29 stock.  Citizen 1212 is probably the weakest brand-name COB on the market. 

Vero29 is a solid COB though.  Better than Cree CXB3590 in all my testing.

But Bridgelux has improved efficiency of their latest gen 7 COBs by 6%, so maybe they're trying to get rid of the older ones.

Thanks for the input man what shipping did you use ? if i may ask? and why the  Citizen 1212 Royal Blues if they're such a weak brand name? seen some hectic results with the  citizen clu048's

"Citizen 1212 is probably the weakest brand-name COB on the market. "

Citizen's not a bad brand name.  Citizen invented the COB. I said the 1212 COB is not great, as far as COBs go.      

Why Blues?  I get a lot of aquarium customers. The COBs will be good for making cheap marine tank lights.   
I'll probably also make a once-off grow light prototype with the blues and ambers, just for the hell of it. 

Edited by growopz
typo

• 1 month later...