Did you ever use honey in a joint or blunt?

@Papegaaislaai

Honey is about 80% carbohydrates. Mainly fructose and glucose. Sugars, when combusted, generate acetaldehyde, which has addictive properties. Many toxic (including carcinogenic) smoke compounds are generated from sugars. In particular, sugars increase the level of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, acetone, acrolein, and 2-furfural in smoke. 

I dont personally think that using honey on your joints/cigarettes is a clever idea at all and it shouldn't be encouraged.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Honey is about 80% carbohydrates. Mainly fructose and glucose. Sugars, when combusted, generate acetaldehyde, which has addictive properties. Many toxic (including carcinogenic) smoke compounds are generated from sugars. In particular, sugars increase the level of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, acetone, acrolein, and 2-furfural in smoke. 
I dont personally think that using honey on your joints/cigarettes is a clever idea at all and it shouldn't be encouraged.
Totemic one of our local masters dropping some knowledge over all this honey. Formaldehyde is used for keeping human parts in so they stay nice and toasty, just take a second. We'll wait while anyone who's smoked it is a lil paranoid atm

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Dilute 1 tablespoon honey with 4 tablespoons of water. You mix that in with 20g dry herb then leave out to dry again. This makes for a smoother smoke and easier to roll.
I did extensive research on making smoking blends using herbs and using honey came up often.
Smoking honey has no toxicological effect but like anything you smoke including marijuana will have some sort of negative effect on the body.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

On 10/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, Scoobydoob said:

I’ve used a tiny drop of honey and water and spread it on the outside of the paper to coat the joint in kief emoji2369.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't taste it though, or at least not the taste one would expect unless u like the taste of wax cause thats how i describe the smell, the taste is worse - put it this way, sorry if i come across like a doos cause its not my intention but i cant think of a way to say this less bluntly - but my argument is going to be if we want our joint to be citrusy and taste like lemon we don't squeeze lemon juice on the kak let it dry and say ahhh lekka I got a lemon haze, the same with pineapple, same with cheese and especially the same with diesel!!  You dont add these things to the weed because you woukd like to taste them?!?!?!

Next time I go to a coffee shop I'll ask for a dash of parmesan on my blue cheese joint - will be sure to smell and taste like toejam.....mission accomplished!:-hilarious

If you want a different taste profile, do what all of us do and just select a specific strain with those qualities, much simpler much healthier!

Remember reading a post on a forum about coca cola being useful as a source or phosphoric acid for plants and one person replied that motor oil contains boron, calcium and many other compounds that a plant uses.....doesn't mean we feed the plant oil ---- kinda similar argument here

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 5:50 AM, DamDave said:

Dilute 1 tablespoon honey with 4 tablespoons of water. You mix that in with 20g dry herb then leave out to dry again. This makes for a smoother smoke and easier to roll.
I did extensive research on making smoking blends using herbs and using honey came up often.
Smoking honey has no toxicological effect but like anything you smoke including marijuana will have some sort of negative effect on the body.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

Anything that's combustible which is inhaled is not only toxicological but carcinogenic too.....regardless of what that compound is, or mixed with or whatever, its simple if you burn and inhale it, its affecting you negatively much more so than you think or feel  - why do you think vaporisers like the Volcano are all the rage, if you using medically this is the only way!!

Medical users already lift their noses in disgust and try to 'bellittle' us normal tokers for not being vegan by caring bout carcinogens & tar so dont them hear u say you smoking honey for flavour or because its smooth smoke 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...