Any thoughts

Oolong83

Hey guys

im just curious tbh. 

This lemon skunk looks totally different to the rest. All stretchy and skinny like a tik kop, im sure if teeth were present, hed me missing them too, lol.

ok, i was just wondering why this one is so diff compared to the others which are all nice and lush and got some nice body. 

1. Could it be the sex?

2. Could it be a diff strain?

3. Was light a moerse problem for him, but then why all the others ok?

would like to know why so i can avoid it in future.

i took him out off grow area today to put in some natural sunlight, hopefully he puts on sum.

AA0478DB-4E52-48D6-A8AA-5E367D22626A.jpeg

I thought id just use this thread to diagnose all the problems with all plants as they come up, instead of starting new threads every time, cool?

I put this guy outside a few days back. The leaves are fucked up to say the least. Crispy to the touch with black tips

My question, why? Cold? Rain? Wind? 

Weather was pretty hectic here in Tableview the last few days.

6413AD32-E8D4-4411-84D7-333D1F6FFB5E.jpeg

64587599-B624-4690-8E5E-04E5362310E5.jpeg

05E59B44-E524-4303-9F00-28F25FDD9D22.jpeg

I'm assuming you moved her outdoors ... Look at it this way, if you get kicked out of your house and have to live on the streets with no shelter you'd have looked the same as your plant right now. Plant has to adapt to his/her environment. Plant was probably not use to UV/IR.🥴 oh and freezing weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Plants have to acclimatise to any environment, whether you move a seedling or an adult plant.
Same with transplanting, they can go into shock and get stunted.
You have to introduce them to the new environment gradually over course of a week to 10 days. Otherwise you will damage/stunt them and at worst,kill them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanx for the quick response guys. Yeah i guess i was a bit too eager to put them outside. Needed the space in the garage, pretty crowded in there. Hope it recovers.

New issue, lol. Different plant. 

I was busy tying some branches and “snap”.

What do i do here, i just taped it with masking tape, good or not?

panicked when i heard the snap.

B1CBB6FB-E9D0-42F3-937E-92D24C0E835E.jpeg

677D80A9-55AD-4AE4-B5CB-9F3E95C2F510.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is what I have done...

ASAP...re-align the break as best as possible and wrap the break with an elastic tape to seal the wound and prevent infection. I prefer electrical tape cause it's elastic and provides support to the broken limb.

Apparently a dab of honey on the wound assists with healing.

Your break is on a notsogood place.... wrap it tight with tape and support the branch as best you can. It must not be able to move or it wont heal. Improvise a splint if you must to help.

If it's a large branch you might have to trim some of foliage off to give it a better chance.

Hope it heals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Youre not out of the woods yet.
Just keep an eye on it, the leaves on the branch will wilt and hopefully pick up again in a few days- then you know she is healing. If they wilt and go from bad to worse and eventually dry out- bad news.

Hold thumbs.

• Thanks 1

New issue different plant. As i got a bit of plants you can imagine new issues araise quite often. 

This one is showing some dark “burn” spot on lower fan leaves

any thoughts on the cause here? I thought “P” or “K” defeciency, but im uncertain. 

66E43B0B-01FA-4BDE-B7E2-2B60A185A21F.jpeg

0FA3C1FD-60C3-42A3-BE83-87ABFA7BF1F7.jpeg

542FB1D3-8632-49CE-B5B1-3647301888D4.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

I did actually start spraying some biogrow

3ml/1lt, only spayed twice so far, but other plants don't show anything

I know Fish Mix can be sprayed as foliar spray, but only at 1 - 2ml per liter.

Not sure about grow and 3ml sounds a bit high. I'd stop that, reduce the concentration a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I use the EHG nute mix. I only gave nutes last night for first time last week, they usually get feedings every 6-7 days. I do give a foliar spray every now and then with either kelpak or wonder-soil all purpose mix. Usually around 5ml/lt

yes i do PH to 6.2-6.5.

all plants are on the same shit, but none show any signs. 

• Like 1

@Oolong83 it could be that specific strain/plant is sensitive to nutrients, some plants eat more than others.

The previous pictures looked a bit like strong nutes, new pictures seem more serious, prob worth checking the runoff for that plant, if she was not eating or had a root issue could be salt buildup contributing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

i should've probably mentioned, its 2 different plants ne.

she get dry very quickly, i water every 2nd day, i really doubt that it could be nute burn. salt buildup sounds more likely, will test as soon as i get home from work.

May be time to repot as well.

Do you ever flush? If not, could very likely be salt build up. Need to flush your soil more often when using inorganic nutes due to the salt build up.

Perhaps give that a try and monitor it then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1