Immigration

Ill_Evan

As I end a busy day, toking from a Buddha Vape, lurking some of the lesser visited sections of the forum, I figured I'd post up a topic in this section on a something that's been on my mind recently. 

I come across loads of people in my profession, and I make an effort to put down time to do face-to-face meetups 9 out of 10 times. I seem to be coming across a lot of people that are perpetually scoping some kind of "escape plan" out of SA. I say escape plan because it sounds like they're trying to 'get away' rather than 'run towards' something. It sounds like an alternative rather than a 'follow through' or 'the next big step' in these people's lives, at least from what I can pick up from what they tell me.

Ja, aspects of our country eats ass, but I can promise you there are real kak places out there that are waaaay worse, but I also don't know how you can compare states of living on an objective level between countries (other than the obvious extreme dark parts of our world) unless you legit know and have already had a taste of that overseas life and would genuinely dig it. I'm not talking about the kinds of people who have had their eyes set on a career abroad and have been working at it for life, I'm talking people that are just now thinking, "jissis you know, I must make a plan to get out as soon as possible [insert arbitrary reasoning here]". 

I rate you make what you have of your environment and make the best of things, this place has a lot to offer in my opinion. I also understand uncontrollable circumstances and perspectives, people either got it good from the beginning or had to work to get it good, or never really got good ever. I just don't think the philosophy of "as long as it's not here" is very good. 

Or am I missing some kind of truly horrifying impending doom 'the Rand is going to hyper-inflate to smithereens' type happenings going on? Yes, a ratings downgrade would seriously suck all-round for just everybody in general, but these people are talking uncontrolled land grabs and near civil war kinda business. 

So I suppose the old ballies would know better, does this kind of mentality just exist in general, does it come in waves or am I missing something? 

Toke up and type up. 

Woah... I wanna respond... But it's too early 🤣

I agree with you though... It's a go to saying for a lot of white folk... 

Eg. "this robots been out for 2 weeks, honestly this country is going to the dogs. As soon as I can I'm fucking off to New Zealand" 

😂 Go for it boi

• Like 2

Woah... I wanna respond... But it's too early
Eg. "this robots been out for 2 weeks, honestly this country is going to the dogs. As soon as I can I'm fucking off to New Zealand" 
Go for it boi
Don't all the boere go to Australia?? I think it reminds them of the Karoo, go visit your new friends in Australia and then you still hear Karen say, "Pappa hoe lyk daai choppies"

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

I get what you're saying, I think most people think along the lines of that if the shit hits the fan you already need to have an "escape plan" or already be elsewhere.

Majority of people do not have the luxury to literally pack up and move overseas overnight, immigration is a long process.

You also get people who just complain and say they want to do something and move, although they never follow through or bother to look into it.

A lot of people are not able to immigrate even if they wanted to, soo.

• Like 1

It is not just white folks that are immigrating. It is all your highly educated people. It is the easiest for them to go. Both my brothers are gone. My sister is also looking into it. I'm sticking around not going anywhere. I have always been the black sheep.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

It is not just white folks that are immigrating. It is all your highly educated people. It is the easiest for them to go. Both my brothers are gone. My sister is also looking into it. I'm sticking around not going anywhere. I have always been the black sheep.

This is very true, regardless of race / colour - there is a massive amount of people moving overseas.

I suspect it comes down to the uncertainty which we have locally and they feel there is more stability in other countries.

I am very certain all of us wish the best for this beautiful country of ours and for things to just improve going forward.

• Like 1

Morning, my 2c's

We live in one of the most beautifull countries in the world and our cost of living is still cheaper than most.
We have no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no volcanos, no tsunamis.

If you want to go, you go.
But as was mentioned above, if you decide to go, do your homework. Doing it to
''get away'' is for the wrong reasons, you should be ''going towards'' to better or improve your life.

But on the other side of the coin, how can you judge ''how bad'' it is? Have you even been anywhere else to be able to make an informed comparison?
You will be pleasantly surprised.
Yes, there are problems in RSA....most other countries have similar problems and some are actually worse.

Before you jump the fence, go have a look first.
(Fyi a weekend trip does not count)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, CreX said:

Woah... I wanna respond... But it's too early 🤣

😂 Go for it boi

49 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

From my experience, it's pretty 50/50 when it comes to who is moving. Not always the most successful people, not always white people either. I saw recent Carte Blanche episode talking about how many skilled Africans are going to Australia now, more so than white folk. Sign of the times?

39 minutes ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Morning, my 2c's

We live in one of the most beautifull countries in the world and our cost of living is still cheaper than most.
We have no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no volcanos, no tsunamis.

If you want to go, you go.
But as was mentioned above, if you decide to go, do your homework. Doing it to
''get away'' is for the wrong reasons, you should be ''going towards'' to better or improve your life.

But on the other side of the coin, how can you judge ''how bad'' it is? Have you even been anywhere else to be able to make an informed comparison?
You will be pleasantly surprised.
Yes, there are problems in RSA....most other countries have similar problems and some are actually worse.

Before you jump the fence, go have a look first.
(Fyi a weekend trip does not count)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Frikken exactly my bru

I suppose the question is, if you did have the means to immigrate, would you based simply on the fact that you can? Question is open to the floor. 

Edited by Ill_Evan

17 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Where are you keen to head towards? What are the factors? Keen to hear 😊

Currently looking at either Canada, Holland and the UK - UK being the easiest as I can get an ancestral visa.

Reason? Because I don't like this country, never have. Apart from the useless government, crime, just general failing economy, the grass will most definitely be greener on the other side, even if its just one shade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenkush said:

Currently looking at either Canada, Holland and the UK - UK being the easiest as I can get an ancestral visa.

Reason? Because I don't like this country, never have. Apart from the useless government, crime, just general failing economy, the grass will most definitely be greener on the other side, even if its just one shade.

Canada is one of the places top of my list to travel to, specifically Montreal and Toronto. Never been to the UK, closest I've been to Holland is probably Berlin. Lived in Poland, Warsaw for 5 years growing up. Can't compare using my experiences because those were such radically different times. I'll be travelling to Munich at the end of this year with a more mature mind which I hope to be enlightening, especially with this topic in mind. 

But as @Bospatrollie2 says, a weekend trip doesn't really count, but I'm not really interested in immigrating, just trying to see the other side's perspective. 

• 1 month later...

Manne have dropped this thread?

Its young population moving. My design team now live in Nova Scotia Canada. It looks to me like us ballies are happy to stay. Eating a bit of shit for progress is not a biggie for me. My kids live in Callie, so its ok.

I have been to a few places in the world, and there is No copy of ZAR anywhere.... Sucks big time if you leave your culture behind, but if you are young, you will adapt. Me? I have a nice spot in the berg, lock my gates and shop when the looters have gone for a piss. My hornet is ready for Siener's future view - just in case the impis lose control of their last 2 brain cells again. I am happy to kick ass, but am happier to werksaam. Been doing it for 20 years here in the outback hills of the Berg and I have a few local clans we help and educate. But if anyone want to come fuck with buck, they will taste metal coz its natural law to protect your loved ones. (That includes my crops 😁)

Going nowhere quickly for sure. As a Sefefrican - no place better than Home!!!

ZAR has neva been for sissies!  (Oh - and the Barret is on purchase standby if we really have to, defensively orientated that is)  Julle ouens moet mooi bly daar in die stad.

Edited by 420sake
adding
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Just visualise it @Ill_Evan  - you already emotionally there with that spliff in your hand!

Lotsa space around here crying for users who love soil. I just reg'd a new site called "SolidEarth coza" so we can do educations for organic growing. Best DNA is driven by good salts in the soil along with the micro crews to mine them. Love the soil and it loves you right back with Health. Been doing it here a long time - so we gonna put some of our other organics out on the wires so folks in need can source them.

It would really be a privilege to engineer some good compost as our base supply so to engender good veggie gardens out there. We have a 14 box worm farm running for 15 years now. About to convert it to a trench system so we can mine it for bagging grow kits. 

Once you are in the country, never again will you move ☺️

Edited by 420sake
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

If I may comment please, with respect...

Just got home after 12 years in Oz. So very happy to be back.

Left in '07 after the 4th incident at the wrong end of a gun, just very much worse than the previous three. Took my wife and children to Adelaide where I worked for a company who I had had close relations with in RSA. With the blessings of the South African chairman (lived in Melbourne) I set up my own business after 13 months in Adelaide. The dipshlt bureaucrats didn't realise we were there on a 4 year temporary 457 work visa and happily granted us Pty Ltd status.

Ran the two businesses alongside each other. Got a second 457 for another 4 years. Then the company I worked for got into trouble due to the total laziness of the Aussie GM and they couldn't swing another 457 for me. As a high school drop-out and being a ballie, I never qualified for Permanent Residency and because our children were still at school and hadn't yet got established, we decided to try and get my wife (MD of our little Pty Ltd) to sponsor me (Technical Sales Rep) for a 457 under our own company's name. Once again the dipshlt numbnut Gubbermunt types showed their inability to think outside of the bureaucratic box and approved us for another 4 year gig. Lol, you gotta love incompetence.

Sadly, MIL has become frail in her old age and we decided to come back to care for her, with a lot of heartbreak leaving our grown up children (plumber and enrolled nurse) in South Australia. 

South Africa is the best country in the world. Australia is a police state, run by Rothschild sycophants who are corrupt to the core and paying taxes through the nose to support one bureaucratic bungler and two dole bludgers for every four workers. The poor Aussie people are brainwashed, pumped full of vaccines, chlorine, fluoride and chemtrails , are dumbed down and can't think for themselves. Footie, beer and BBQ. Bread and circuses.

We are very fortunate to be able to call South Africa home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome home brother. Don't mind the circus here - the complainers are usually those who do not know how to work for a comfortable life style! You are welcome to share a cold one on my veranda anytime!

All I can say - you musta have had brass nuts to last 12 years 🤣    Respect.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 420sake said:

Welcome home brother. Don't mind the circus here - the complainers are usually those who do not know how to work for a comfortable life style! You are welcome to share a cold one on my veranda anytime!

All I can say - you musta have had brass nuts to last 12 years 🤣    Respect.

Thank you @420sake.

Yeah, I see the whingers regularly disrupting the economy "to get ahead" here, on the N2 and other byways. Nothing changes....I was chatting with a young lady from Uganda last week. A beautiful person and although we were two very different tones, we immediately got on like a house on fire. She just wanted to get back there because of the "complainers", as you so euphemistically put it.  I felt for her.

I'm not sure you need to quite achieve a 3 on the Moh Scale for ones under tackle to live in the land of Fosters and flies, but it does help one's cojones if you apply some level of tongue biting when conversing with the locals.

Edited by H2Ou
Typo
  • Like 1