Pest identification

Bos

Evening fellow growers,

During inspection of our plants I came across this ugly bugger.

Can anyone identify it and how big of a problem can they be pls?

(Not a mite or aphid-looks more like an ''oorkruiper'')

Thanks

d644701077ce7b6f13e8f80f5f67803c.jpgb91cef09736337a367828fca879d8b38.jpg087329f126b6e4f0a5252e6e70ac532b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks like a thrip to me  , they a pain in the ass to get rid off. Regular pyrol sprays should sort them out in veg 
Thanks GLO,

Got a few spidermites I'm dosing with some special organic muti, was looking for them when I found that bugger.
Spidermites and thrips leave different patterns of damage.
Havent noticed the thrips but that doesnt mean they are not there.

The problem is, they are on the flowering ladies.
Is pyrol safe during flowering?
What is safe to spray during flowering? Heard thrips don't like garlic but holy crap....garlic flavoured buds???

You will need to do this properly from the word go... Trust me from experience.. You do not wanna try stuff and "see if it works".. You will waste weeks of time, many plants, and have endless headaches.. 

My solution would be to hit them hard with Predatory mites, swarski mites... They chow spider mites, thrips, white flies... Pretty much anything on your ladies... 

You can get some from livingseeds. Co. Za

There is another place iv seen them mentioned... But I can't remember now

You will need to do this properly from the word go... Trust me from experience.. You do not wanna try stuff and "see if it works".. You will waste weeks of time, many plants, and have endless headaches.. 
My solution would be to hit them hard with Predatory mites, swarski mites... They chow spider mites, thrips, white flies... Pretty much anything on your ladies... 
You can get some from livingseeds. Co. Za
There is another place iv seen them mentioned... But I can't remember now
I have been testing many different organic applications from the beginning of 2019 on more than just my cannabis plants. It is a venture for my own knowledge and to prove or debunk all the stuff you read on the net. Yes I am aware that there will be eff...ups, but what I learn today I can apply tomorrow.
Some ''mixtures/applications''were more potent than others as I dont only grow cannabis and all plants react differently. My main criteria was to try and match commercial products in efficacy but most importantly retain the organic diy element.

What I can report....After two intensive applications the spidermites are nearly gone and I have not found another thrip.
But only time will tell.
This type of knowledge is what I'm after and if it is successful I will share.

33 minutes ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

I have been testing many different organic applications from the beginning of 2019 on more than just my cannabis plants. It is a venture for my own knowledge and to prove or debunk all the stuff you read on the net. Yes I am aware that there will be eff...ups, but what I learn today I can apply tomorrow.
Some ''mixtures/applications''were more potent than others as I dont only grow cannabis and all plants react differently. My main criteria was to try and match commercial products in efficacy but most importantly retain the organic diy element.

What I can report....After two intensive applications the spidermites are nearly gone and I have not found another thrip.
But only time will tell.
This type of knowledge is what I'm after and if it is successful I will share.

Fantastic man... 

I myself went through a similar process of trial and error.. 

I understand your needs lol

Peace man

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all,

In the interests of learning have a look at this ''motherbuffer''.

First noticed some munching damage on the leaves, usually outdoors it's typical of a worm or grasshopper.

Doubt whether its a common occurrence indoors.

Didnt think much of it at first as grasshoppers are very difficult to stop outdoor.

2nd day noticed the damage had progressed...this is not a grasshopper!!!

Investigated much closer, scanning every leaf from top to bottom and found this stealthy mofo neatly camouflaged in its little house underneath a fan leaf.

They hide during the day when vulnerable and come out at night and munch away in peace and quiet. They can strip a lot of leaf matter in a very short amount of time. So beware and take note outdoor growers.

Cheers9b42c9299429adb56425f525c1ef7a01.jpgcdb5b37ea12c36f06a25c74af9cedc75.jpg07b4b9532db2c1219e3da5a1b0dd1ed2.jpg5bd2068505ee2b36b3b9de7deeb1b3d0.jpg95d969f36759aa35fcb96412c1c77456.jpg

• Like 1

The closest thing I've seen to that with my indoor grow is when I took the plants outside to repot and the one dog started chomping on my leaves.

The BioNeem was not effective against this pest, perhaps due to the size of it. I didn't even bother going for the BioInsek. I knew I had to take further steps fast otherwise I may not have a plant at all, I used physical force - which was super effective. The pest was removed and my plant survived.

P.S. I did not spray Neem on my dog, although the bottle states you can use it when washing your dog actually. I guess it may help with tics and fleas.

Quite a sneaky caterpillar there!

Edited by PsyCLown

• 1 month later...

Evening good horticulturists,

Upgraded my outdoor to a greenhouse for obvious reasons. The greenhouse was supplied without netting for the front and back doors, which we fitted....hello needle point(3 days by hand)
In the meantime these mofo's decided to snack on our Sour Diesels
The offspring of a nocturnal moth species.

Got fed up with picking them off manually and watching our buds getting munched... decided to pull out the big guns

1xCO2 fire extinguisher
1x black rubbish bag
1x roll packing tape
2 hr treatment

Result....bad for them
Happines for me...

Cheers

94811e61efca33f92b531ebdb5ed56ab.jpga75448b52dc4b629b63f66d953a2ec82.jpg38aaad45e31084438169273d2e457ead.jpg

• Like 1