LIGHT BURN?

Oolong83

6 hours ago, 420SA said:

Growweedeasy can be a bit misleading at times. They've got a lot of basic info that's very useful but some info is misleading and doesn't always apply. Sometimes growers, myself included, have taken growweedeasy as gospel just cause they're first result on google. Being #1 on google doesn't mean it's the right answer. Read further, read forums, that's where the first hand info is.

849C240E-00D8-467B-96B1-9CC5B745F838.thumb.jpeg.10a6e9865283530269190583a985e368.jpeg

There are other factors at play here. Not just the tips are yellow. The one fan leaf a few nodes down is receding on the edges as well. @Oolong83 have you seen any further deterioration since moving the light further up?

No not on these ladies

Holy Shit this topic just got so technical all of a sudden.

That is THE reason I don't go with hydro, ec and all that stuff. I'll just stick to my Organic ways and keep reading on this and keep wondering.....

But if my 2c made any change ()...... I also like the praying leaves

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Oolong83 said:

Thats only pulling, output is 1200w

Energy Efficiency & PPFD values:

No. It’s not a power-hungry grow light. Despite being labeled “1200 watts,” that’s the output equivalent wattage. Your BestVa will only draw 240 watts from your outlet.

Instead, the Bestva DC 1200W helps you save a lot while raising your marijuana indoors.

Spectrum – Is it Suitable for My Marijuana Plants?

The Bestva DC 1200W LED Grow light is equipped with 120 LEDs at 10 watts each. These dual chips LEDs generate more intense light than single chip LEDs.

51XuPOTFWZL.jpg

best led grow lights

This dual chip diode also helps in reducing excessive power consumption. Even though they’re 10 watts, they’re actually more efficient due to their increased brightness.

I just copy pasted product review

If output 1200w your amperage needs to be lifted to 5.45A. Your unit is only pulling 2.1A. LEDs are driven at 25% efficiency to get them to last 50000 hours plus. I have never found an led unit being driven higher than 30%, so I really doubt your output. The image above clearly states a 240w draw. The light itself is not an electricity generator and can't add 1000w on it's own to get to 1.2kw. 

Further, if your light is running on our 220V circuits then the units actual draw is not 240w but rather about 480w actual draw. (P=U x I) -- (U)220v x (I)2.178A = (P)479.16w

It may seem confusing but that's just how the marketing around LEDs evolved, and with the given specs I can't find a single calculation that matches a 1.2kw draw/output.

Edited by Totemic

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Geez, 1200W lights which are actually 240W. Massive difference.

I don't run my QB's at max, although way higher than 25%. Running mine around 75%

i know right? 

do you think maybe they refer to "equivalent to 1200w"?

2 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

i know right? 

do you think maybe they refer to "equivalent to 1200w"?

Conservation of energy

You can't magically create 1200w out of 240/480 watts. 

So there is no chance its equivalent.

Edited by greenkush

3 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Conservation of energy

You can't magically create 1200w out of 240/480 watts. 

So there is no chance its equivalent.

But wouldn't that mean False advertising or misleading  product descriptions?

https://bestvaled.com/products/bestva-1200w-led-grow-light

Check out the product description, tells a very different story.

This is not a bad light. Check on autoflower.net. they grow some nice bud with these type of lights. But when you compare it to other lights you must consider the real pull from the plug. Thus if you work out your gram per watt then you must divide your grams by 240 and not 1200. And don't expect to get the same yield as a 1000w gavita. Expect the same as a 250w HPS.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, iHigh said:

LED's are much more efficient than any other light on the market, except LPS, so a LED that has only a 250w draw, would be equivalent to something much higher than an equivalent HPS pullling the same draw ..

Yes and no. Many factors to consider as GK said it's about the conservation of energy.

If I have a 250w driver and I drive a 250w QB, those LEDs are running at 100% and very hot. So hot that you can say most of the energy has degraded to heat.

If I take that same driver and drive 4 x 250w QBs, much less energy is lost to heat, and a comparable light intensity from the one QB is spread over 4 times the space.

Edited by Totemic

34 minutes ago, AcidAlice said:

There's a dude there that grew a 1KG dry auto 😵

I highly doubt that, considering the limited space people have indoors getting 1KG dry out of a single plant is very unlikely.

Most would prefer multiple smaller plants for indoor.

On an outdoor grow I can imagine 1KG dry from a single plant.

55 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I highly doubt that, considering the limited space people have indoors getting 1KG dry out of a single plant is very unlikely.

Most would prefer multiple smaller plants for indoor.

On an outdoor grow I can imagine 1KG dry from a single plant.

Found it. Mr ganjamoto.

https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/the-auto-ultimate-showcase-grow-party-dwc-with-dutch-pro-nutrients.26458/page-16

EDIT: Check page 18

Edited by AcidAlice

I honestly don't know how accurate the sensors are. Just checked my light and this is what I got.
Max was right up to the light and had an a ersge of just over 50k around my canopy.

The app I'm sure is fine, it's the sensors in our phones which I'm unsure of in terms of accuracy. 99274c8f7b6cf932321cdf8825ce6083.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk