LIGHT BURN?

Oolong83

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

The lower leaves also seem to have some discoloration at the tips, perhaps nute burn?

How has your nute feeding been? What are you feeding them and what strength etc?

I thought so too, but then i read an article stating that the yellow/white tips on leaves are signs of light burn. Whereas nute burn the tips will appear more brown and brittle

I fed them nutes on Wed and just H2o ph @ 6.0 today. Then on Sunday its H2o again  and Tuesday nutes.

i use ehg coco nutes, the R350 bundle from hortishop. I added 10/10/0ml on last feeding.

also add calmag 

usually around 450-700ppm

or 1.0-1.7ec

My light on this plant-and her sister is a 1200w bestva about 25cm above plant

what’s your take? Any advice?

43 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I'm honestly not 100% sure, although 1.7EC seems high.

How old are the plants?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

These ladies are clones and i got them about 4 weeks ago, see pic below for reference.

36 minutes ago, SneakyDave said:

@Oolong83 howsit I think 25cm is low but it also depends if the light is running at full strength I'm using a bloombeast a900 and keeping it 70cm above the canopy with seedling and veg switches at full strength 

I decided last night to do some re-arrangement in the garage. Set up the flowering section and moved the ladies there. Still got the lights on 18/6, its just that the flowering section is bigger, so more room. The last 2 pics will give you a better idea.

F1E2CDE8-21F6-4895-802C-DF91D2630D9D.jpeg

FEC52B69-F85A-449F-9D8D-BC120578BC36.jpeg

721DEF5F-A3F8-49E2-91F4-B2E732C6263E.jpeg

630A3EF1-4744-45AB-AFFC-035C663500E3.jpeg

13 hours ago, Oolong83 said:

yellow/white tips on leaves are signs of light burn. Whereas nute burn the tips will appear more brown and brittle

True

13 hours ago, Oolong83 said:

1200w bestva about 25cm above plant

This sounds very low for that wattage.

Edited by AcidAlice

Nutrient burn isn't the only culprit when it comes to dead/burnt tips. Potassium def can also cause this. If you've got a burnt appearance around the edges of the leaf as well, K def is a high possibility. I'm seeing that to some effect on one of your leaves there

Potassium-Graphic.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AcidAlice said:

These leaves look like they "praying" to the light (pointing up) which could be telling you there is too much light.

Praying leaves is your goal. It means your plants have good root pressure and your vapour pressure deficit is good i.e conditions are good. It also means that its enjoying the light and not suffering from too much of it

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Oolong83 said:

I thought so too, but then i read an article stating that the yellow/white tips on leaves are signs of light burn. Whereas nute burn the tips will appear more brown and brittle.

I saved the link on my laptop, cant get to it now. My wife is watching Netflix. Will try to share it later.

3 hours ago, 420SA said:

Praying leaves is your goal. It means your plants have good root pressure and your vapour pressure deficit is good i.e conditions are good. It also means that its enjoying the light and not suffering from too much of it

There's a lot of conflicting information out there then.

• Agree 1

Praying leaves = 110% (Perfect plant metabolism)

If the light are too close, too intense, too hot, your leaves will cower away, and burn.

Those tips are saying your ec is too high. The fact that your leaves are praying shows it's a minor issue. Just cut back on feeding. Skip a few feeds and just water.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Totemic said:

Praying leaves = 110% (Perfect plant metabolism)

If the light are too close, too intense, too hot, your leaves will cower away, and burn.

Those tips are saying your ec is too high. The fact that your leaves are praying shows it's a minor issue. Just cut back on feeding. Skip a few feeds and just water.

"Sometimes the first sign a plant is getting too much light is all the leaves start pointing up" ~ https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-light-burn

What now?

EDIT: Lets do some math. Praying leaves + Yellow tips + 1200watts @ 25cm = ?

Edited by AcidAlice

Look. I aim for praying leaves  if you don't like the leaves praying then over water to get them to curl. 

Don't overthink it. Your plant is showing very little stress. Praying leaves are good no matter what that site says.

And as Skunkpharm says. That led is being driven at 300w max even though there are 1.2kw LEDs in there. 

Edited by Totemic

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

The true wattage on that light is only 250w at most.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Thats only pulling, output is 1200w

Energy Efficiency & PPFD values:

No. It’s not a power-hungry grow light. Despite being labeled “1200 watts,” that’s the output equivalent wattage. Your BestVa will only draw 240 watts from your outlet.

Instead, the Bestva DC 1200W helps you save a lot while raising your marijuana indoors.

Spectrum – Is it Suitable for My Marijuana Plants?

The Bestva DC 1200W LED Grow light is equipped with 120 LEDs at 10 watts each. These dual chips LEDs generate more intense light than single chip LEDs.

51XuPOTFWZL.jpg

best led grow lights

This dual chip diode also helps in reducing excessive power consumption. Even though they’re 10 watts, they’re actually more efficient due to their increased brightness.

I just copy pasted product review

1 hour ago, AcidAlice said:

"Sometimes the first sign a plant is getting too much light is all the leaves start pointing up" ~ https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-light-burn

What now?

EDIT: Lets do some math. Praying leaves + Yellow tips + 1200watts @ 25cm = ?

Growweedeasy can be a bit misleading at times. They've got a lot of basic info that's very useful but some info is misleading and doesn't always apply. Sometimes growers, myself included, have taken growweedeasy as gospel just cause they're first result on google. Being #1 on google doesn't mean it's the right answer. Read further, read forums, that's where the first hand info is.

849C240E-00D8-467B-96B1-9CC5B745F838.thumb.jpeg.10a6e9865283530269190583a985e368.jpeg

There are other factors at play here. Not just the tips are yellow. The one fan leaf a few nodes down is receding on the edges as well. @Oolong83 have you seen any further deterioration since moving the light further up?

• Like 1

@420SA i noticed these on a few plants of the other plants. 

The 1st 3 pics is the WW ladies, just to see if the leaves are improving.

the other pics are of other plants. They start to show some signs of something else though, don't think its light related, any thoughts.

6AA8ED01-D383-47EB-99B2-555687D6AA83.jpeg

A64FD97C-12D3-4183-AEC2-ABAF3F3403EA.jpeg

DEAAEECF-B1DD-4090-BB3C-0810774F4838.jpeg

9E41B7EC-63E6-40F7-B5C4-4DD44322D65A.jpeg

DCBD8ACE-E9E9-422A-893F-21224E19C2D3.jpeg

FDCA91CA-9479-4EBC-9699-4116E7EB357F.jpeg

DD8675DC-8FBF-4F02-A3B8-8DD556256B16.jpeg