two elderly women jailed for running dagga empire

CG420za

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/two-elderly-women-jailed-running-dagga-empire-gauteng/

"While the government is still in a transitional period with regards to the legislation of dagga in South Africa, people found in possession of more than 115 grams of the plant are prosecuted under the Drug and Drug Trafficking Act of 1992."

Edited by CG420za

3 hours ago, CG420za said:

"While the government is still in a transitional period with regards to the legislation of dagga in South Africa, people found in possession of more than 115 grams of the plant are prosecuted under the Drug and Drug Trafficking Act of 1992."

Where do they get this kak from? That sounds like the old police guideline to distinguish between possession and dealing. It comes down to the state proving that you are selling now. The latest police directive that I'm aware of mentions nothing  about amounts... just about proof that you are dealing

So 115grams is not bad in all honesty if it's per person and not property/household. 
115g is weak sauce and won't last me a month. Would force you buy from dealers then so literally not helping the cause

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

115g is weak sauce and won't last me a month. Would force you buy from dealers then so literally not helping the cause

I feel you there.. I suppose it does come down to our individual needs. Looking at it from an 'illegal to legal' perspective I'm just glad to have freedom to carry enroute to smoke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420SA said:

Where do they get this kak from? That sounds like the old police guideline to distinguish between possession and dealing. It comes down to the state proving that you are selling now. The latest police directive that I'm aware of mentions nothing  about amounts... just about proof that you are dealing

They should redefine the term 'dealer' in this regard. Am I a dealer if I choose to distribute legal quantities to adults (family and friends) without recompense? 

They should redefine the term 'dealer' in this regard. Am I a dealer if I choose to distribute legal quantities to adults (family and friends) without recompense? 

I also distribute to friends with no recompense, they choose to gift me money tho and a free gift is better than nothing

• Like 1

All those words they use... 

Plantation... More likely a few plants

Warehouse... More likely kitchen cupboard 

Bags of weed - no weight listed? No street value listed? Not even an estimate? Sounds more like bankies of weed to me... 

Several people... Jeez that doesn't even sound like 10 okes 

115g? They better come grab me next coz fuck, my empire is about to hit the big time after harvest day

This is scare tactics and a poor attempt at that too... Those tannies will be back home by the weekend

• Like 3

This all goes back to people being ignorant and misinformed.

If you have 115g you are running an empire? Wowzer.

They're making oil as well, we all know that as soon as you start doing extracts, the amount of flower needed increases significantly.

Let's do some maths quickly. Let's say their harvest was a decent 20% in terms of THC, at 120g of dried flower you would get 24g of THC from the extraction, roughly.

Significantly less all of a sudden.

The problem is people do not understand this due to it being illegal and a taboo topic as well as all the bad media and negativity towards it previously. Change it from weed to alcohol and suddenly everyone understands and it makes sense.

1L of Stroh Rum vs 1L of beer are not the same thing, despite both being alcohol.

The issue is the judge most likely does not understand either, most likely not a person with a strong background or understanding of science / chemistry.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 2

All those words they use... 
Plantation... More likely a few plants
Warehouse... More likely kitchen cupboard 
Bags of weed - no weight listed? No street value listed? Not even an estimate? Sounds more like bankies of weed to me... 
Several people... Jeez that doesn't even sound like 10 okes 
115g? They better come grab me next coz fuck, my empire is about to hit the big time after harvest day
This is scare tactics and a poor attempt at that too... Those tannies will be back home by the weekend
A cookie blik full of dagga and then a rooibos teabag metal tin nommer full of cbd pillsdo they do a tea and bowl at 5 because 4:20 is still too early for tea?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1