The Haze Club - They will grow weed for you

PsyCLown

12 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I for one would be super appreciative of The Haze Club if they at the very least described in detail how they grow your cannabis if you are a customer. 

In fact, I would really like to hear from somebody that's actually subscribed to them :investigating

Unlikely there would be subscribers on this forum as most members here would plan on growing themselves - the people who do not want to or cannot grow themselves will be more the target audience for The Haze Club.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Unlikely there would be subscribers on this forum as most members here would plan on growing themselves - the people who do not want to or cannot grow themselves will be more the target audience for The Haze Club.

Snap true story..probably more likely to have a grower working for The Haze Club to be around.

In fact, I wonder how much the growers get paid out of the +-R1149-00 per month the customer spends :investigating

On 7/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, 420SA said:

So here's my maths.... if you get the claimed 20-30g's every 2 months we're looking at this:

R949-00 x 2 = R1898-00. Factor in the price of 2 seeds which I will put at R200 a seed so that's an extra R400-00. That puts total cost to the customer per 2 months at R2298-00

If you get the minimum of 20 g's of bud. R2298-00 divided by 20 gives us R114-00/gram. If you get 30 g's that's R76-00/gram. Where on the street do you get indoor grade cured bud for that price? It's essentially cost price. I can also guarantee you, come the day we have proper dispensaries, I doubt the prices will be lower than this. 

Just wanna make it clear I don't know or have any affiliation to these guys. I just don't, from the face of it, see any reason to bash it. This is no Cannapax IMO

Just to add to a great point you made, most people don't believe anything off the bat so here is proof that it is actually 20-30gs per plant but maybe more. This is from this week. So taking your math into account we'd actually be getting more bang for our buck! and then you still get the sugar leaves so yeah

Screenshot (77)_LI.jpg

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I'll be signing up end of this month. I have my own grow setup at home but I'm really interested in this. My brother and I will split costs and harvest seeing as we'll both get around 30 grams+ . divide that by 120 per gram for fire sesh its a damn good price to pay

On 7/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, blah99 said:

The problem is that the police do NOT ask questions. They will raid and confiscate ALL plants. Only later when proven innocent will they return all confiscated items. By that time all plants are dead and loads of customers lost their plants AND their money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That really cannot and most probably will never happen. Yes the cops do raid but with power-house attorneys backing THC I doubt they'll make it passed the front gate. If I were managing the facility I would make it known to the police and provide ample documentation to show its legality. This being said, I'm sure they're subject to regular audits to ensure they do not in any way cross lines. With there being little to no toleration from the law/cops they would surely face closing shop and being made an example of. 

2 minutes ago, NoStringsOnMe said:

Green Thumb is the botanist THC uses for the growing. 

I'll post updates about the grow as and when I receive them.. I am quite excited 

I wonder if it's linked to Green Thumb Hydro or not, common name so very likely it's not.

Now the wait starts, sounds as if they dry and trim the bud for you too? So how long do you expect to wait until you receive your first harvest and do they ship it to you or do you collect it?

• Like 1

Botanist hey? So what's the research then that THC is conducting? A horticulturalist is more appropriate with the current setting. THC is a growing/agricultural service provider, no mention of breeding or any specialized research into Cannabis, so I'm just curious why a botanist would betray his degree to do simple gardening...

Its definately time to get actual Reps from THC here...so many questions and less answers.....

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PsyCLown said:

I wonder if it's linked to Green Thumb Hydro or not, common name so very likely it's not.

Now the wait starts, sounds as if they dry and trim the bud for you too? So how long do you expect to wait until you receive your first harvest and do they ship it to you or do you collect it?

By the time you get your bud its ready to be blazed.

The first grow takes the longest because of germination etc.. every grow thereafter will takes 8 weeks because germination would start before your first batch is cured and shipped. So expect to pay for at least 3 months. You also may cancel your membership immediately after receiving your first batch, if you so desire, with no penalty to you, this was one of my questions. 

Your bud gets shipped to your address of choice

• Like 1

I have changed my tune slightly... Good for them... 

Doing what they want and Winning... 

I wouldn't be surprised if the haze club turns into a dispensery after legalization, depending on the ruling... This could be a great way to build revenue to open up a quality dispensery.. 

I still do not agree with what they Are doing.. But good for them and for the peeps who have that kind of money for their meds

• Like 4

I get why they want to flip to flower ASAP as a client isn't going to want to wait 4 or 5 months for some weed when they're paying each month.

Who here would trust someone with 5 months of pay without receiving any weed, wait half a year for some weed. It's a bit much.

Also if Yiu give members a chance to pick how long they want their plants to grow for, it becomes a nightmare to manage.
Perhaps within time they might consider it if all goes well.

Not to mention the longer you wait to harvest, the more that can go wrong.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Agree 2

The thing is, once you are setup, running a 400w HID, perhaps 2 fans, in a sq meter tent...the electricity a month is less than THC's monthly membership. 

Reducing veg time with clones you can veg for 3 weeks, fit 12 plants/clones, and harvest 300 to 400g.  75% to 100% more cannabis at less cost. 

What am I missing?

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Totemic said:

The thing is, once you are setup, running a 400w HID, perhaps 2 fans, in a sq meter tent...the electricity a month is less than THC's monthly membership. 

Reducing veg time with clones you can veg for 3 weeks, fit 12 plants/clones, and harvest 300 to 400g.  75% to 100% more cannabis at less cost. 

What am I missing?

Legality. 

I am no public defendant of THC, I've just looked at every aspect when it comes to growing and the sheer amount of time & effort justifies the price per gram over and over again no matter how you look at it.. 

Car guards: nobody really needs em, most complain about em but the few who do use them appreciate the service. 

• Like 1

What am I missing?

People don't have patience. Others cannot grow anything. But I am totally with you. This is what you can do with R4000. This is his 2nd and 3rd plant. Perpetual harvest. We went with 2 x 50w Cree cxb 3590 cobs. Auto seeds. Freedom farm soil, 20l pots, biobizz Bloom, 2 fans. He is harvesting 40-50grams. R300 electricity.07f0e2e9359695157ed271b7e71d8bb9.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Totemic said:
What am I missing?

Once again it goes back to convenience.
It's not a service for those who grow or want to grow.

It's for the people who don't have space or time to grow or don't want the hassle of growing, they want the convenience of paying money and getting weed.

All the worry of pests, pH, watering, load shedding etc. Etc. Is taken away from them and it seems a bit more safe than buying from some dealer - perhaps the person doesn't even have a dealer. Some granny who read cannabis can help her back pain and then heard about THC, it's a no brainer for her as she won't consider growing herself. Perhaps she's even in a wheel chair.

I feel the idea is great, the execution and lack of transparency / info could be improved.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Edited by PsyCLown
Typos
  • Agree 2

Yeah. It may seem daunting and difficult to grow cannabis. But it's not. Cannabis practically grows itself.

Over the years as I have seen new growers come and go, the main problems are lack of patience as @SkunkPharm said, and misconceptions about fertilizer, where people treat it as a plant steroid, hoping to speed things up. We are a generation where everything must happen yesterday. Plants are own their own rythem. 

To me there is no better therapy than slowing yourself down to natures pace. 

Again, not putting THC down, but the value proposition is skewed, and the client is losing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

You probably be better off then just buying 50g of 100/g bulk from someone. Cannabis isn't difficult to grow like Totemic said, people are just being lazy konte that doesn't want to do anything for themselves. Honestly Psy no offence bro but no granny is gonna be taking part in this shit, she can barely fork out money for monthly food, bills and the odd going to the shop with the car she's had for 15 years.

This service, this service is for the rich naiers who's got too much money, not enough cells to drive that washing sponsie he calls a brain and somebody that's lazy as fuck.

Honestly if you wanted weed to smoke and you buy, what's wrong with good outdoor buds that's actually good genetics and not invested with some dude's man juice at a lovely 30/g bulk price.

Anybody using this, jy's n dom poes.

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Yeah. It may seem daunting and difficult to grow cannabis. But it's not. Cannabis practically grows itself.

Over the years as I have seen new growers come and go, the main problems are lack of patience as @SkunkPharm said, and misconceptions about fertilizer, where people treat it as a plant steroid, hoping to speed things up. We are a generation where everything must happen yesterday. Plants are own their own rythem. 

To me there is no better therapy than slowing yourself down to natures pace. 

Again, not putting THC down, but the value proposition is skewed, and the client is losing.

I completely get what you're saying, although once again not everybody wants to put in the time and effort or has the space. Take a business man who is constantly traveling and only home 3 nights a week as an example, or a single mom with 2 kids.

In terms of value for money, it was worked out to around R100/g and that is not a bad price for indoor when others are selling indoor for R150+ and then selling their "hydro" for R250+ per gram. If / when dispensaries come to be in SA, it's a similar concept but more choice and no waiting and prices will most likely be higher than R100/g for good quality indoor. Obviously we cannot comment on the quality of THC's bud yet, I'd hope for it to be decent though.

Growing weed vs buying high quality weed, generally it will always be cheaper to grow it than to buy it otherwise why are people selling it so cheap in the first place?

Painting a room yourself vs hiring someone to paint it for you. This concept often applies to a lot of DIY things and it's often quite a bit cheaper to do it yourself than to have someone else do it for you - it may be convenient for them to do it for you but it comes at a premium.

Growing weed is no different.

If I were to do what THC are doing, yes I would do it differently but right now with them starting out I totally understand where they are coming from with regards to their options and how they are doing things. I may not fully agree with them, but I do understand them.

• Agree 1