The Haze Club - They will grow weed for you

PsyCLown

3 minutes ago, NoStringsOnMe said:

From what I have read The Haze Club are backed by Schindlers Attorneys (no intro needed for them) who make sure the company stays within the confines of the law, that being said I doubt the police have much to say or do about this. I'm guessing they get audited regularly given the scale of the operation.

Thoughts?

I checked this place out now (The Haze Club). Literally an indirect shop (that might market themselves as a 'service provider') which 'sell back' the seeds you have given for them to grow for you.

It's unorthodox but it's probably set up like this for legal purposes. I presume it's so that the product, being the cannabis, is always the owners' possession so that they don't actually sell anything to you and therefore aren't classified as a dealer.

Thanks to everyone who has a view on this venture - some interesting questions.

I'm indirectly involved in the business, but probably the wrong person to answer detailed technical questions. We have a botanist (Greenthumb) who is responsible for the growing ops, so I will ask him to provide the info.

Fundamentally though, The Haze Club was set up as a service to grow for people who either can't or don't want to grow their own. IF you have the knowledge, interest and time to do it yourself, this would be the way to go (why pay anyone else to do what you can do yourself?). But most people don't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Blue Cheese said:

They would need a license to grow surely 

They don't. I read their FAQ's and the monthly membership you pay is for the leasing of your own space. So it's basically your seeds that you supply as well as 'your own personal space' so technically its you growing it yourself. Lol.

What interests me is that you can have up to two plants growing with them. And with two plants you can easily fill a 1m squared grow space with a ScrOG method which can get you between 200 and 300 grams of dried product (from what I understand through my research/still need to confirm this when I start my first grow-op next month). And then here they are saying you get 20 - 30+ grams.

So they take R1000 off you a month for membership, and they only give you back 1/10th of your weed. Sounds fair 😂

6 minutes ago, Blue Cheese said:

Either way,theres too many variables,too many sketchy people tryna make quick money etc atm for me to even remotely take these okes seriously.Plus people have been bust and shops shutdown for less.And imagine shit goes down and the saps have all customer debit order records etc etc.The concept is great,but they mustn't think that they are the only ones with that concept.

A lot of people think it's sketch but I personally feel that they will come through with regards to what they offer. Whether I think it's a ripoff... Well, that's another thing. But we could all see that from a mile away. These guys have come up with an ingenious way to take advantage of this newly formed legal industry. Some might suggest that they're pioneers with it, at least within the SA market. So with that, of course a premium price tag will be attached.

So here's my maths.... if you get the claimed 20-30g's every 2 months we're looking at this:

R949-00 x 2 = R1898-00. Factor in the price of 2 seeds which I will put at R200 a seed so that's an extra R400-00. That puts total cost to the customer per 2 months at R2298-00

If you get the minimum of 20 g's of bud. R2298-00 divided by 20 gives us R114-00/gram. If you get 30 g's that's R76-00/gram. Where on the street do you get indoor grade cured bud for that price? It's essentially cost price. I can also guarantee you, come the day we have proper dispensaries, I doubt the prices will be lower than this. 

Just wanna make it clear I don't know or have any affiliation to these guys. I just don't, from the face of it, see any reason to bash it. This is no Cannapax IMO

• Agree 2

But what happens when they have a bad run... Or seeds don't germinate... Or they run into problems...... Lose everyone's plants... What happens when shit hits the fan for whatever reason?

I would love to support these guys... But there are too many variables and risks where, me, the end user takes the brunt if it all falls down.

I would personally love to grow for everyone in the world... But I can't... Legally... And maybe I'm jealous or something... But if I can't do it, they shouldnt be able to either

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CreX said:

But what happens when they have a bad run... Or seeds don't germinate... Or they run into problems...... Lose everyone's plants... What happens when shit hits the fan for whatever reason?

I would love to support these guys... But there are too many variables and risks where, me, the end user takes the brunt if it all falls down.

I would personally love to grow for everyone in the world... But I can't... Legally... And maybe I'm jealous or something... But if I can't do it, they shouldnt be able to either

But you can do it legally. Just set it up like these guys. Heck I would even do it if I had a farm or large space to grow it in!

5 minutes ago, CreX said:

Agreed there a plenty variables at play and surely they must have answers to all these concerns. One would hope that if they lose your crop they would compensate you but then again you are leasing a space and not paying for the bud so yet another big question there

If these guys can do it, anyone can do it including you. I may be wrong but what this effectively means is that you can rent out an empty room in your house to a handful of people and grow their bud for them. Not so? Good way of making some money out of an empty space in your house

11 minutes ago, Blue Cheese said:

R2298/R150 a g(im talking chronic) gives you 15gs right now.Now you must spend that and still wait 2 months which is optimistic at best for 30gs?

Plus you probably going to be buying anyways until they harvest for you so,so imo its a waste .just my 2c lol

Depends how much you smoke lol 20-30 g's won't last me a month! So this wouldn't be an option for me or many of us on here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 420SA said:

If these guys can do it, anyone can do it including you. I may be wrong but what this effectively means is that you can rent out an empty room in your house to a handful of people and grow their bud for them. Not so? Good way of making some money out of an empty space in your house

100%

But how is it legal? 

Looking at their website, they say they have the same law firm involved that helped with the constitutional ruling. 

And that they "lease to you a grow space" 

Hereby making it your "personal space" and therefore legal to grow in. 

This still lacks licensing, and there doesn't look to be any way of actually proving their member count beyond reasonable doubt.. 

What if the constitution rules that you can only have, say, 5 plants max per household.. 

They seem to have a decent grow establishment, so bud should be decent... But still a year and a bit to go before we know what's happening with the laws, this shouldn't be allowed should it? 

While others are still prosecuted in their own homes for weed? It all seems just too unfair to those who have struggled.. 

I also can't find an address for the haze club? Surely a registered company should have an address? 

1 hour ago, CreX said:

But how is it legal? 

Looking at their website, they say they have the same law firm involved that helped with the constitutional ruling. 

This still lacks licensing, and there doesn't look to be any way of actually proving their member count beyond reasonable doubt.. 

What if the constitution rules that you can only have, say, 5 plants max per household.. 

They seem to have a decent grow establishment, so bud should be decent... But still a year and a bit to go before we know what's happening with the laws, this shouldn't be allowed should it? 

While others are still prosecuted in their own homes for weed? It all seems just too unfair to those who have struggled.. 

I also can't find an address for the haze club? Surely a registered company should have an address? 

Life ain't fair homie. Haha.

I don't think they will have any legal issues. If those attorneys are backing them, then they're sorted.

Obviously they don't have an address due to safety reasons. If thieves find out the address they can go and rob who knows how many grams of weed and/ or plants. They probably also don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry showing up there.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CreX said:

But how is it legal? 

Schindlers as well as The Haze Club both use the premise of privacy to argue the case of personal, private use of cannabis, Schindlers within the Constitutional Court, and The Haze Club within the capitalist environment. If you do not need a license to grow for yourself at home, then you don't need a license to pay someone to grow "your" weed. Also, because of how a lease agreement works in South Africa, when you lease a space, you are in all legal respects the owner of that space for the duration of that lease agreement. This is probably why they limit the number of plants to two, most likely on the advise of Schindlers, which could hint towards what we can expect for the legislation to state when it is eventually passed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Schindlers as well as The Haze Club both use the premise of privacy to argue the case of personal, private use of cannabis, Schindlers within the Constitutional Court, and The Haze Club within the capitalist environment. If you do not need a license to grow for yourself at home, then you don't need a license to pay someone to grow "your" weed. Also, because of how a lease agreement works in South Africa, when you lease a space, you are in all legal respects the owner of that space for the duration of that lease agreement. This is probably why they limit the number of plants to two, most likely on the advise of Schindlers, which could hint towards what we can expect for the legislation to state when it is eventually passed.
The problem is that the police do NOT ask questions. They will raid and confiscate ALL plants. Only later when proven innocent will they return all confiscated items. By that time all plants are dead and loads of customers lost their plants AND their money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, blah99 said:

The problem is that the police do NOT ask questions. They will raid and confiscate ALL plants. Only later when proven innocent will they return all confiscated items. By that time all plants are dead and loads of customers lost their plants AND their money.

That's why there ain't no address, and only the owners/growers know where this facility is 😉

14 minutes ago, blah99 said:

I know it's a major hack. 😓 I wouldn't be surprised if a small startup business did the same as The Haze Club and got shut down at some point with no reparations

That's why there ain't no address, and only the owners/growers know where this facility is
The police can confiscate a parcel when being couriered. It happens often. That would easily reveal the pick up address.

I'd much prefer a dispensary over a "social club" although we shall have to wait for legalisation or changes in law first.

Regardless of how one may feel about The Haze Club, their concept is great. If someone with more money comes along, they can do far better and be more transparent it could do exceptionally well I feel.

Once legal, dispensaries have the advantage of multiple products and many strains available right away! No wait time, although it will come at a bit of a premium.

Edited by PsyCLown

1 hour ago, blah99 said:

The police can confiscate a parcel when being couriered. It happens often. That would easily reveal the pick up address.

And who said the delivery address from where they ship the product will be the same as the grow address 😉😉

58 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

This is the start we have been waiting for. Social clubs will pop up next and they will need growers.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I think social clubs would be super dope. I think the great barrier to that is location, privacy and the ability to be ensured that it will not be confiscated or destroyed. 

• Like 1

Be prepared to pay a year's worth of rent upfront. Landlords will want to insure themselves against possible changing legislation. 

Or you could rent a house/commune and start a communal setup there. That'd probably be way cheaper, but now you're living with the boys growing an unreasonably hilarious amount of ganja 👽

• Haha 1

2 plants max, 5L final pot for flowering that's a grand a month please sir. No sorry only got 15g dried. I wonder if you'll pay more or less for when the plants veg and when they flowering, obviously there has to be a month of veg included too. So it's R2700 for growing and R400-500 for beans. To get two plants growing? Phew....

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Really 5 l final pot?Enough said
LOL!! Tbh I don't know but I'm gonna guess it's not big, that's what she said. So in theory if they charged R900 and month for two plants and if they allow you 3 its gonna be 1350pm

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pat999 said:

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngLOL!! Tbh I don't know but I'm gonna guess it's not big, that's what she said. So in theory if they charged R900 and month for two plants and if they allow you 3 its gonna be 1350pmemoji15.png

Well, if you take the end amount that they give you back (20-30+ g's) I also wouldn't be surprised if they are grown in 5L pots 😂

Either that or they grow it how normal cannabis growers do in much bigger pots and then just keep the extra product 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1