Dabs

Dr. Green

So I've been growing for the past 7 or 8 years wich meant that I had no need to buy weed which resulted in me getting a bit outdated with newer stuff like dabs. 

Basically I don't know where to get dabs but the aim is probably to just make it myself. 

The way I see it there is 2 opinions:

1 Make bubble hash with fresh frozen material and then get a rosin press to press live rosin. This concerns me as making bubble hash is not very efficient using bubble bags loosing out on a lot of potential product. 

2 buy a pro kit from dablabz blast with bho and purge with vacuum heat pump also using fresh frozen material. The concern here is the butane tainting the product. 

Am I missing anything is there a better option than the 2 above? I normally make bubble hash or coconut infused oil.

If you want to press for rosin, just press the flower for rosin. Make sure you get a proper press though, they are not cheap and will cost you a couple of thousands.

I personally prefer the idea of rosin over BHO, I'd love to get myself a Rosin press although due to the price it shall have to wait a while.

I've seen some rosin presses locally going for like R15k, and that was for what looked like a very entry level, simple unit.

Really hoping someone comes up with some sort or rental model. If I could rent one for a day every couple of months I'd be stoked!

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

If you want to press for rosin, just press the flower for rosin. Make sure you get a proper press though, they are not cheap and will cost you a couple of thousands.

I personally prefer the idea of rosin over BHO, I'd love to get myself a Rosin press although due to the price it shall have to wait a while.

I understand when freezing freshly harvested bud and making hash and pressing that it is referred to as live rosin which has a much better terpene profile compared to pressing cured buds. 

I'm  all about taste flavour profile and not just potency so if I can turn fresh flowers into dabs which taste better than any other method I'd be very happy 

I understand when freezing freshly harvested bud and making hash and pressing that it is referred to as live rosin which has a much better terpene profile compared to pressing cured buds. 
I'm  all about taste flavour profile and not just potency so if I can turn fresh flowers into dabs which taste better than any other method I'd be very happy 
I had to Google what live resin was a week or two ago.

I just assumed you could just fresh flower for pressing rosin, but thinking about it now, due to the water and such it may cause some unwanted stuff to end up in the resin.

Live resin does sound very appealing as it helps keep more of the terpenes etc.
Easier and quicker as it's harvest and then freeze.

If you do the research, please report back. I'd like to avoid using solvents myself, so only done extractions with oil so far. Haven't given bho a try myself, only used dab from others who have made it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I had to Google what live resin was a week or two ago.

I just assumed you could just fresh flower for pressing rosin, but thinking about it now, due to the water and such it may cause some unwanted stuff to end up in the resin.

Live resin does sound very appealing as it helps keep more of the terpenes etc.
Easier and quicker as it's harvest and then freeze.

If you do the research, please report back. I'd like to avoid using solvents myself, so only done extractions with oil so far. Haven't given bho a try myself, only used dab from others who have made it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Id be sure to give an update should I complete this mission. For now I'm just trying to understand which would be the best way to go about it, one thing is for sure it won't be cheap so it would take me some time to get there

BTW live rosin is the hash then press method live resin is the bho way of doing it

Edited by Dr. Green
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lol - same here @Dr. Green  - been growing for 19 years but got so outdated by not constantly learning. Been making BHO for 11 years and like the product. Helped stacks of folks with illnesses which fueled the hobby as a passion.

But the isolation possible where I live was maybe detrimental.  The latest rush around cannabis in Mzanzi has left me way behind the curve. I am amazed at the rise in tech.side of 420land.

Would love to hear your progress in the making of whatever you use.