Greetings

Timmah

Hey Everyone,

Another first time grower here!

Been following the forum for a couple of months so finally decided to introduce myself :)

From the Western Cape.

Some specs of my environment:

Indoor 1.4x1.4m tent

1x 200w QB style LED light (Only using half my grow space right now)

FF Soil with BioBizz nutes

Currently week 8 from seed with 4 White Widow Autos from Dutch Passion

Will post some pics soon!

Cheers

• Like 3

lol thanks guys! Will see if I can post some pics later today

@PsyCLown as in Quantum Board style, though I only say that because I'm not sure how else to classify this type of LED array? It seems the community adopted "Quantum Board" to describe a PCB stacked with a large amount of LED's?

Anyways, here is a link to the light I'm using (https://jves.co.za/other-products/led-growlights/cree-led)

Perhaps a little pricey but it's produced locally and local is mos Lekker! :classic_wink: (Good build quality IMO too)

Edit: Apparently I can't spell quantum board...

Edited by Timmah
  • Like 1

[mention=1970]PsyCLown[/mention] as in Quantum Board style, though I only say that because I'm not sure how else to classify this type of LED array? It seems the community adopted "Quantum Board" to describe a PCB stacked with a large amount of LED's?
Anyways, here is a link to the light I'm using (https://jves.co.za/other-products/led-growlights/cree-led)
Perhaps a little pricey but it's produced locally and local is mos Lekker! :classic_wink: (Good build quality IMO too)
Yeah, I'd call that a Quantum Board.

As you said, a PCB with multiple LED's on it basically.

Interesting that they put the red diodes all in the centre and not spread out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I suspect that it's more to manage the voltage or something - I'm no electrical engineer,  but I believe these rows are usually wired up in parallel and the red and purple led's might run at slightly different voltages 🤷‍♂️

Either way, I think the spread will be fine since im covering a small area and hanging about 60cm above canopy in flower.

Ill also be getting another 1 or 2 engineering samples from a buddy who is experimenting with some of osrams new horticultural LED's. So that'll cover the other half of my tent nicely

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, Timmah said:

@PsyCLown as in Quantum Board style, though I only say that because I'm not sure how else to classify this type of LED array? It seems the community adopted "Quantum Board" to describe a PCB stacked with a large amount of LED's?

Just checked this out and I'm sorry but it's shocking to keep seeing how much markup local LED manufacturers/suppliers are putting on their products. Literally almost half the price (with shipping ) if you order from China directly. @Timmah I don't want to kill your vibe dude, just want to spread awareness I guess.