3 main questions for first grow

Hello ladies and gentlesmokers!

Just a quick one here.

If I have an indoor growing tent spanning 1m (length) x 1m (width)...

1) What wattage light will I need to cover the entire area effectively (especially the flowering stage), for highest yield?

2) How many plants should I grow in order to cover the whole 1m squared area, again for highest yield?

3) Should I get one big light (e.g. 600W (or whatever the efficient wattage is for a 1m x 1m area)), or two smaller lights (e.g. 2 x 300W) for the 1m squared grow space. [This question mainly has to do with PAR value distribution... The way I understand it, it may be better to get 2 smaller lights in order to spread the light intensity more evenly across the growing medium in order for the entire space to get a high average PAR intensity and not only the middle... Or won't it really matter as a 600W lamp (for example) will be capable enough to get a high enough average PAR distribution throughout the 1m x 1m grow space?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!

KN

• Like 1

[mention=1428]SkunkPharm[/mention] Isn't one 4 cluster COB light too small for a 1 x1?
It will be fine for flower. You can always add lights later. I am veging with a 50w in an 80x80 tent. Four plants 1x1 tent 4x 55 watt cobs. Look at @justinhemp's set up. He does amazing plants.37459b80bd79a29cdf74e857e5046552.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By High_grade.420
      150w Grow The Jungle LED Grow Light , The Light is full Spectrum. Samsung LEDs and Osram Driver , They're hands down one of the best lights iv used out of the many that I have used over the years,
      Lights Aren't available to order in the country , Imported from spain ,
      more than 1 available , price is Negotiable.

If you want to know more feel free to Dm me 
    • By High_grade.420
      X6 Available
      Price negotiable if you are wanting to take Multiple.
      Each Birdwing reflector includes a pair of Ratchet Hangers.
      High quality Adjust-a-wing reflector made from 95% reflective aluminum. The spread of the reflector can be adjusted, narrow and wide settings are possible to adjust the reflector to your grow area. Two sheets of aluminium are gently folded by adjustable wires to change the angle of reflection. To reduce intensity and increase area they can be tightened to decrease the width of the reflector. 
      85 x 70 x 20cm
    • By Johnsmithled
      This is how I built an overpowered light worth $2500+ on the market for only $850. All currency is CAD.

*BEFORE STARTING*
      Watch the 6 part growmau5 series to learn the wiring:

For the grounding plug:

Technical:

4x Hlg 185H 700ma in series drivers (i suggest you buy the newer 240H model) $250

40x 5000K $350

7x 3000K $25
      (You can use less I used way too many)

All are bridgelux Gen 3/ C3 (Make sure theyre all plug in only dont mess around with the solder ones unless you have 100+hours experience in soldering)
      The 3000k ones I used were soulder onlys. Lost a couple due to human error

Total Cost (TC): $575

Frame:
      (Choose a better material for frame, I used wood composite because I was lazy) (I would think aluminum would be the best material but all have their pros and cons)

Wood composite 2x2ft v

Matching plastic 2x2ft (painting frame) $50?

Thermal tape (sized to the width of the led bars) $20

TC: $70-100

Electric:

100’ length 20guage solid core wire $60

50 pack 2 wire wagos 221 $25

4x plastic junction boxes 4inch x 4inch x 3inch (make sure it comes with something to plug up the holes and hold the wire)$40

500 assorted pack heatshrink tubing $20 (good to help fit in junction box)

4x Leviton 515PV 15Amp 125Volt grounding plug $20

25’ 16guage wire (for the grounding plug) $20

TC:$165-Everything is super flexible here just make sure your amps and volt calculations are solid.
      -Dedicated extra fans (required): With 2 medium fans running on the light, and another 2 small fans running on the drivers everything is 20C-25C.

SETTING UP THE DIMMERS

(Very easy if you do it like i did in these pictures)

All you need is:
      •100k potentiometers (maybe an ohm meter if you want to make sure ur dimmers go all the way to 100, most dont they go to like 92 or 97)

•20 guage wire (same as the led strips)

•Plastic junction box (make sure its got rubber wire holders that you cut a hole through with scissors and put the wire/ potentiometer through)

•211 Wago wire connector

•soldering machine (temperature is dependant on what kind of solder you use) $25

• silver solder (find a lower temp soldering machine ~360f for silver) $20
      (This light is truly 800w if you use the exact parts, if you use more or less drivers and led strips or different brands then the wattage can vary from 600-1000, materials are very flexible just try to make sure volt/amp calculations are correct) (Always be cautious with electricity, build this whole thing without being plugged in to any wall outlet/power source⚠️⚡️)

• By AfrikaansePotkop
      Hi everyone, 
      I am currently looking to purchase an indoor setup for myself. Nothing fancy or big. Just enough to be a new hobby. I am always willing to invest in more stuff later, just dont have the money right now.
      So basically my budget is Around R5k. I am willing to go over, but anything lower is always preferred.
      I got a quote form MarijuanaSA and want a few opinions on it, or just a whole new quote for those that are willing to make one.

It seems to have all the important items in it. I can buy a few items that do the same at lower prices, like on takealot. I am looking at 0.8x0.8 or a 1x1 tents. What would be better? I want to grow around 2 to 3 plants at a time.
      Then, I would really like a cheaper light to use but just cant seem to find a good option that is less than 1k...

So basically, I am asking for assistance in selecting all the basic items for my first ever indoor grow. Whatever saves me the most money and gives me enough items to get away for at least 2 harvests before investing more.
      I already have soil and pots from my outdoor plants.
      Any help will really be appreciated as I barely know what I am buying with indoor growing equipment.

I have a small list of just a few items that I am putting together to use as a purchasing guide. Here it is for a general idea of what im currently looking at:

• By Martin7318
      Started with a few seeds around 2 weeks ago, 4 of them. All bag seed.
      Along with a bunch of equipment, I received 3 fresh seedlings of In-House genetics "Deluxe Sugarcane".
      All 7 seedlings currently under 1 x QB-75 from GrowOpz (32cm above tallest plant), 18/6 cycle in the tent.
      Soil being used is called "420 Mix" by 3Sixty.
      Only feeding I have done was for the soil - Biodyne Environoc 1ml/L given for the first time with last watering. Pots seem to be holding water for 2/3 days at a time.

I'll post the back log of photo's here, the 3 bigger girls in the middle are the Deluxe seeds, the other 4 are mystery seeds.

Please comment, good, bad, happy, sad, all welcome. I'm a fast learner and eager to learn, I look forward to it!

(Picture taken Yesterday 10/08)