organic vs synthetic

H Guys, it also depends on the selection of the plant when breed. Some strains are selected for indoor and others for outdoor. The Green Crack I grew indoor was nothing like the plant I grew outdoor. Humboldt genetics are selected for outdoor growing. While the Jack Herrer grew indoor was better than the outdoor one. So I think selection plays a big role as well.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I grew in hydro for my first few years of growing before eventually having a go at organic. I can relate to what the guys are saying above about yield, growth rate and flavour. I've experienced the same, there is a difference, not huge, but there is. I've compared with clones.

There a many variables to consider though so I'd be cautious to say that one is better than the other with 100% certainty. The flavour issue with hydro could be down to something missing in the hydro nute lines that would maybe address that lack of flavour. Or perhaps there's something we're not nailing with hydro. Cannabis is such a complex plant with so many different compounds and terpenes.... It's either that or its that same effect that you get with fruit and veggies where the larger the  fruit is the more its flavour seems to dissipate. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 420SA said:

I grew in hydro for my first few years of growing before eventually having a go at organic. I can relate to what the guys are saying above about yield, growth rate and flavour. I've experienced the same, there is a difference, not huge, but there is. I've compared with clones.

There a many variables to consider though so I'd be cautious to say that one is better than the other with 100% certainty. The flavour issue with hydro could be down to something missing in the hydro nute lines that would maybe address that lack of flavour. Or perhaps there's something we're not nailing with hydro. Cannabis is such a complex plant with so many different compounds and terpenes.... It's either that or its that same effect that you get with fruit and veggies where the larger the  fruit is the more its flavour seems to dissipate. 

You're currently dong Organic now, so why the change from Hydro to Organic?

• Like 1

My reason for going organic is it ends up being cheaper in the long run. No expensive nutrients. It also feels more natural. I'm not force feeding the plants. They just do their thing like nature intended it to grow.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Just to throw a spanner in the works, there is also Organic Hydroponics, but I have not seen any of the nutes here in SA.

I am a organic soil grower, but I can tell from some experiences abroad that I think it is very much up to the grower, and his or her available nutes + knowledge.

Some of the dopest dope I ever smoked was hydroponically grown, and also some of the dopest dope I ever smoked was good ol soil grown.

I think the flush is what really makes a hydroponic smoke match up to a soil grow, with that said I'm horrible at hydro, will give it another go when we get some organic lines in SA.

Awesome thread OP, stay blazd up 420SA! :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1