organic vs synthetic

50 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Nitrogen is nitrogen. If it was not the exact same, it would not be nitrogen and would be an analogue of nitrogen.

Correct... Nitrogen is nitrogen... 

But it's not easy to find pure nitrogen.. 

In agriculture you find ammonia nitrate and sulphates and a terrible amount of jargon that I would like someone in the know to help with 😁

Edit - nitrogen is a gas, for those who skipped science class 😜

Edited by CreX

Organic nutrient is chelated by bacteria and fungi so that the plant can take it up and use it. The plant produces sugars for the micro organisms. And these sugars are excreted/secreted by the roots of the plant. Thus is is important to have the correct micro organism blend in your soil so that they will help your plant grow faster and better and produce more. Growing with inorganic salts hydroponic style of growing. You use chelated salts and create a high osmotic pressure. High pressure on the outside of the roots where your water is. This forces the plant to take up Nutrients (osmotic pressure is lower inside the roots thus your salts/nutrients will move from a higher pressure to a lower pressure). The higher salt content in your grow medium will usually kill micro organisms. This is why you have to inoculate your medium constantly when feeding inorganic nitrients, even in soil. So yes nitrogen is nitrogen but some nitrogen sources will kill your micro organisms in your soil. And others will not. It is up to the grower to decide which method of growing to use. Natural better? Hydroponic more control?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Synthetic is the wrong word. There is nothing synthetic about it. Minerals or salts would be P.C . 

Most salts are synthetically derived. By chemical processes. It is by products of other industries.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I cant say this for sure - but it seems to me , and a few others i have spoken to and read about , that having a living organic system usually provides you with a stronger / fuller terp / flav profile , while hydro / salts give you a faster growing plant ? 

Has anyone else experienced something like this ? I have only ever grown organic so cant say how my hydro plants turned out , but i have smoked some pretty bland salt grows in comparison 

I cant say this for sure - but it seems to me , and a few others i have spoken to and read about , that having a living organic system usually provides you with a stronger / fuller terp / flav profile , while hydro / salts give you a faster growing plant ? 
Has anyone else experienced something like this ? I have only ever grown organic so cant say how my hydro plants turned out , but i have smoked some pretty bland salt grows in comparison 
I am by no means an expert but I have experience with hydroponics growing other plants(vegetables)
My cannabis I grow organic in soil.
No light can beat natural sunshine.

Organics- slower growth rate and more forgiving grow. Better terpines and flavour development. Less stressful grow, you don't have to watch every little thing.

Hydro- faster growth rate, small margin for error. Apparently less flavoursome smoke. Very involved/stressful, checking ph, nutes, lights, temps, ventilation, RH.

Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Agree 3

Agreed. I grow both and prefer smoking organic grown bud above salt grown. It might take longer but the taste!!

• Agree 1

I know this isn't the ideal spot for saying this... But I plan to incorporate both growing methods... Hydro veg for speedy growth... And soil bloom for the flavors and terp profile... Albany superior setup, 

Cause it's best of both 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

I am by no means an expert but I have experience with hydroponics growing other plants(vegetables)
My cannabis I grow organic in soil.
No light can beat natural sunshine.

Organics- slower growth rate and more forgiving grow. Better terpines and flavour development. Less stressful grow, you don't have to watch every little thing.

Hydro- faster growth rate, small margin for error. Apparently less flavoursome smoke. Very involved/stressful, checking ph, nutes, lights, temps, ventilation, RH.

Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I agree too that there is no better light than the sun 

9 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Agreed. I grow both and prefer smoking organic grown bud above salt grown. It might take longer but the taste!!

Its all about patience hey 🤣🤣 i just love great tasting weed !! Even organic veggies and herbs etc seem to have a whole lot more flavour than store brought mass produced more than likely chemically grown product 

9 hours ago, CreX said:

I know this isn't the ideal spot for saying this... But I plan to incorporate both growing methods... Hydro veg for speedy growth... And soil bloom for the flavors and terp profile... Albany superior setup, 

Cause it's best of both 😎

This seems really interesting bro - keep us updated on how that works out 

1 hour ago, JrMezz said:

I agree too that there is no better light than the sun 

Its all about patience hey 🤣🤣 i just love great tasting weed !! Even organic veggies and herbs etc seem to have a whole lot more flavour than store brought mass produced more than likely chemically grown product 

This seems really interesting bro - keep us updated on how that works out 

It worked better than I could have imagined on my last outdoor grow... Plants took to the soil like a duck to water... I'm planning on doing this to all my plants going forward... Seems like a no brainer after I saw the results 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, greenkush said:

To be honest, I think it’s all bullshit and just a placebo effect. 

To each their own... I'm really just doing it to save money on hydro nutes.. Bloom gets pricey for me and as I don't sell any of my product, I like to try alternate methods to find a happy medium for me... Pun intended😋

25 minutes ago, CreX said:

To each their own... I'm really just doing it to save money on hydro nutes.. Bloom gets pricey for me and as I don't sell any of my product, I like to try alternate methods to find a happy medium for me... Pun intended😋

Fully agree, I’m using the organic matters soil now and following @420SA advice on trying to only feed at a later stage. The only thing I’ve done is inoculate the soil with BTI.  Then I have a plant in plain coco, that I’m using the greenhouse powder feed on. Personally I think if you flush long enough and ensure the plant uses up it’s available stores, you should be able to get rid of any residual chemical taste, if any. 

I do enjoy trying different nutes to see which work well, but I’m by no means pro organic or pro chemical. 

11 hours ago, greenkush said:

To be honest, I think it’s all bullshit and just a placebo effect. 

IMO, the difference is there. A buddy of mine did a side by side clone dwc vs soil grow. The dwc finished faster and had bigger buds, but the soil grow had a more pungent smell. It also had an earthy taste to it. Something the dwc bud was lacking.

• Like 4

That's mostly my experience too... Enough to convince me to try this out and see how it goes... My idea is to have the speed and vigor in veg, get them to the size I want, train them nice... Then into soil to bloom. 

I will be showcasing this in my grows.. Including the Chocolope competition plant

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CG420za said:

IMO, the difference is there. A buddy of mine did a side by side clone dwc vs soil grow. The dwc finished faster and had bigger buds, but the soil grow had a more pungent smell. It also had an earthy taste to it. Something the dwc bud was lacking.

Was it an earthy taste because you knew it grew in soil or because it was really earthy. Remember there is no spoon 😉

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, greenkush said:

Was it an earthy taste because you knew it grew in soil or because it was really earthy. Remember there is no spoon 😉

From my experience, between indoor hydro and outdoor soil of the same strain/mother

The indoor nugs were much denser and frostier... And had a nice dank smell early in bloom, smells left somewhat towards the end of the grow. 

The outdoor nugs were still dense, but not as dense as the indoor, the nugs were bigger than the indoor by a good amount, and kept their scent all the way, through drying and curing. 

So now obviously the circumstances between the 2 are vast and I can't give a true comparison... But I'm pretty sure the soil move played a big role

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Interesting thing, he gave us two buds. At the time we didn't know what it was, we were just told to puff a small section of each and write our findings down, only after we compared notes did he tell us what it was. So as for the placebo effect, that's a no from me Sir

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CG420za said:

Interesting thing, he gave us two buds. At the time we didn't know what it was, we were just told to puff a small section of each and write our findings down, only after we compared notes did he tell us what it was. So as for the placebo effect, that's a no from me Sir

Fair enough, I am however just pulling your leg 😛