Seeds to 12/12 to get fem seeds

highchome

Has anyone experimented with going from seed directly to 12/12, or from seed to 18/6 for a few weeks and then 12/12? It seems like this is a good way to quickly get to the flowering stage to be able to create feminised seeds. Obviously the yields would be low, but I'd still expect to get quite a few seeds by doing this... Right? 

Seems to me like this is a good way to start getting a good collection of seeds to keep and trade. (These seems like a good into BTW: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-how-to-grow-cannabis-from-seed-under-12-12-lighting-n330 and https://www.growweedeasy.com/is-12-12-from-seed-worth-it)

I'd love to hear an experience people have had with this method

Edited by highchome
links
  • Like 1

I too am curious too, seems you can get 2 or 3 ounces - so 50 to 80g, basically the same as an autoflower.

The above is with 18/6 for the first month and then switching to 12 / 12 thereafter. The flowering obviously takes quite a while though still, so you still end up waiting around 3 or 4 months. A month or two saved all adds up though - not just time but effort, space, electricity and nutes.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, PsyCLown said:

A month or two saved all adds up though - not just time but effort, space, electricity and nutes.

Interesting... Sounds like its viable for fast smaller yields in general.

I'd want to get seeds as fast as possible. I think seedlings ~2 weeks under CFL and then direct to flower is about as fast as it seems like that can go. I'll have to wait until after the chocolopes and then flower the two reliable strains I have. So many things to try :yipeeee

Give it a go and let us know, from the reading I did the plant requires around 4 weeks before it will start flowering so during that period you may as well give it more light to let it grow more.

Curious to see how it works out for you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1