THC as effective medicine.

This is more of a journal and trial than anything else.

Long story short. Been on high dosages of SSRI's for 3 years. Been necessary in dealing with my particular trauma. But, and here's the big but...Emotional blunting! 

I can't handle how the medication makes me feel nothing. Fokol. Not good. Not bad. Not anything. It's really like you've given up on investing time in anything. Anything!

So this isn't a psych consult or a thread where I'm going to answer any questions about my current configuration or what led to it or what meds I'm talking about.

It's a journal of going cold Turkey off my meds as the reality of adequate self medication with THC has become a viable option and trial.

A week after just stopping.

My finger tips and toes have a permanent tingling electrical feeling.

I feel completely dissassociated from myself. Almost euphoric. A feeling of being in a dream state. I have a constant ringing in my ears.

Naturally my moods are up to shit and getting violent swings as emotions actually are starting to be felt now.

Let's see where this goes.

• Like 6

Weaning is more appropriate when stopping SSRI's. My girlfriend stopped hers a couple of years ago. Also with the aid of THC. But to avoid the side effects that you are currently experiencing. Take Half the dose for a couple of weeks, then half the dos again for a week or 2. Then take that dose ever 2nd day. And then stop. Good luck.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Day 7-12 has been the real withdrawal I guess.

Tension in my ribcage, back, shoulder and neck muscles breaking into spasm. I guess this is what labor feels like. 

Constant nausea and vommiting with an inability to keep anything down. Virtually no sleep. (Day 7 -10)

Most of these have eased up as I head for the 2 week mark, with only the muscle tension really still prevalent along with the pins and needles in my fingertips.

That meditative dissociative feeling is gone. I feel I'm back in my body as it were. I'm already more active, and feeling less depressed actually. Let's hope it only gets better.

I have also found that I am actually smoking less cannabis as well. I'm experiencing more THC activity ie. I'm starting to feel the effects of THC now.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 5

Weaning is more appropriate when stopping SSRI's. My girlfriend stopped hers a couple of years ago. Also with the aid of THC. But to avoid the side effects that you are currently experiencing. Take Half the dose for a couple of weeks, then half the dos again for a week or 2. Then take that dose ever 2nd day. And then stop. Good luck.

@Totemic,

I would suggest@Skunkpharm's method of weaning off the meds gradually as there could be severe unforseen side effects bruh...

It seems as if you are allready committed to your current direction of cold turkey.
There will be some bumps....

Strongs bru.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is for posterity. Cold Turkey is rough but it brings with it a learning experience. 

This thread is to document any and all side effects of a cold turkey while implementing a THC rich cannabinoid regime.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 1

This is for posterity. Cold Turkey is rough but it brings with it a learning experience. 
This thread is to document any and all side effects of a cold turkey while implementing a THC rich cannabinoid regime.
Are you taking oil? Or just smoking?

• 2 weeks later...

I really think so. THC targets the same receptors and increases available serotonin. So while I experienced a brutal physical withdrawal, from a mental or psychological point of view, I suffered no drastic negative shifts and really have just eased into being more normal. 

It is worth noting that my cannabis intake has also dropped massively. By grams a day!

• Like 1

I really think so. THC targets the same receptors and increases available serotonin. So while I experienced a brutal physical withdrawal, from a mental or psychological point of view, I suffered no drastic negative shifts and really have just eased into being more normal. 
It is worth noting that my cannabis intake has also dropped massively. By grams a day!
Glad you got through it OK.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Daaaamn dude, @Totemic well done on coming off the SSRI's

I would however, to anybody reading through this thread in the future, to really consider withdrawing yourself off the medication and to not go immediately cold turkey. It shouldn't apply to everyone as a method and can be very dangerous to some.

For a basic read up go through the wiki page for antidepressant discontinuation syndrome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant_discontinuation_syndrome

And don't stop there. Read as much as you can and get advise. Setting up a support structure beforehand is also a great advantage. Close family or friends that are made aware of the decision to come off the meds can help you if the withdrawals get too much.

My only point is to just be careful, and to make as informative of a decision before taking any actions.

:-peace

• 4 months later...

@Totemic  Any further comments you could make ito your remediation?

Helping out some peeps with chem issues and wanting to quit and thc seems to be doing the trick (as in your case apparently).

There seems to be a dearth of sufferers out there and they are not doing so great on the chems. Crazy what is being experienced on the health level and drs are just happy to get paid for issuing scripts that are not cheep meds in their own.

Live reports are invaluable. Thank you.

If you ever want to speak with someone who is involved with patients and meds. Please contact ABIS Inc. They are supportive, make quality products and have a wealth of knowledge and a support system. A mate recently dropped off all meds for his serious back issues and is only on cannabis. We finally managed to work out he needs good strong THC to help him sleep and back pain. Finally found the recipe for him. We have over the past two years gone through all the cannabis products available, CBD, sprays, tinctures, tablets.

His doctor prescribed opioid based medicine.  That was an absolute disaster for him, flashbacks. It took him about 2 months to clear his mind. Bottomline is a high THC joint and canna coconut mix works for him best. He is able to sleep. I think it take alot of deep soul searching, effort and finding the riht recipe for you. Good luck @Totemic hope you find something that works and helps your quality of life. Dont forget, there is an active cannabis community that will assist you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I read about Ed Rosenthal is a Cannabis grower and activist and writer and lots of other things. His writings on Cannabis are very well done and usually dive into some scientific findings, which is very nice to see from someone so involved in the Cannabis community. Anyways, the following is one of my favorite quotes from him about CBD, and I think it sum's it up pretty well.

Although CBD is often referred to in popular media and marketing materials as “non-psychoactive,” this is a bit of a misnomer. While it’s true that CBD is more or less non-intoxicating and will not get you “high” in the same way THC does, it crosses the blood-brain barrier and has some pronounced pharmacological impacts on anxiety, addiction and other mental illnesses, including schizophrenia and depression.

There are always many pros and cons, when you use cannabis for medical purposes and when you start to abuse.  It's nevк too late to stop and detox your body, hair, cleanse you system from thc. Hair Archives suggest  many methods, popular and  not so popular you may try once. 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, PsyCLown said:

Good luck!

What about some CBD as well? Also have you considered trying to micro dose some other, errm, natural earthy stuff?

psilocybin causes high neurogenesis (forming of new brain cells and nerve pathways in the brain)

YOU CAN LITERALLY REWIRE YOUR BRAIN WITH MUSHROOMS

doesn't matter who you are, how smart you are, how much discipline you portray or how little you believe it will work on you, 

IT WORKS.

medicine? 

mushrooms

• Like 3