Coming along, start of flower. 

Seems I've got some thrips.  Damn.  Will neem oil the hell out of the tent while it's still in early flower, and rinse it off.  Thrips aren't nearly as bad as mites, at least.

IMG_20190911_110606.thumb.jpg.4ed7d0f87a875d53f3cbe3d6f420e4da.jpg

• Sad 2

Sorry man!! Thrips are such a pest... 

I would do a heavy defoliation, gently, and remove all affected leaves and then some.. 

And it's about the right time to do such a thing... 

I would not spray anything on the plants at this stage... Rather go a predatory mite route than contaminate your lovely flowers.... Or lady bugs are good too. 

If you can take your plants outside to do the defoliation and spray your tent with something in the mean time, you should be able to reduce the population to a manageable level and still make it to harvest decently. 

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, growopz said:

Coming along, start of flower. 

Seems I've got some thrips.  Damn.  Will neem oil the hell out of the tent while it's still in early flower, and rinse it off.  Thrips aren't nearly as bad as mites, at least.

IMG_20190911_110606.thumb.jpg.4ed7d0f87a875d53f3cbe3d6f420e4da.jpg

Thrips are just as bad, they will suck nutrients from the plants and proliferate at incredible speeds, use pyrol, thrips will just laugh at your neem oil.

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 1

Thanks, well I covered the whole plant in neem oil, top and bottom of all leaves, twice, so probably too late for beneficial bugs. Bugs don't like neem oil.

The neem oil should slow them down. The first academic paper on Google said neem oil does 60% thrip reduction in 96 hrs, so it's a good start.

It's still early, so I'll defoliate heavily, and try finish them off with neem and pyrol combo. I'd rather just hit it with spray this time. There's not much to contaminate.

• Like 1

Ok, well did pretty heavy defoliation, and moved to the square meter tent, and they're getting 220W of 3000K/660nm now. 

Left these guys stretching a bit too much in the 60*60 tent without any training, so they're a bit wacky. Chocolope on the left, and the Black Valley on the right. Looks like the BV needs some nitrogen or calmag. Chocolope looking pretty good other than whatever thrips remain after the neem oil. I'll finish them off with pyrol soon. The Black Valley didn't have any thrips, which is pretty interesting. Maybe not as tasty, with the yellowish leaves.

IMG_20190917_173224.jpg

• Like 3