This is my first attempt at any sort of grow diary, so forgive me if it’s not correct, either way

I soaked my beans last Thursday for 24 hours, on Friday I popped them. 3 of them went into jiffies as per usual, the other 3 I decided to try in germination soil. As per today, 4 have surfaced. 

One of the surfaced beans seems to have a twin, this is a first for me so keen to see what comes from it. 

Will be placing them into my veg area soon. 

A6B6420B-42B6-499B-A90B-90877DAD8BD7.jpeg

00AEEA46-AC1E-4FC1-AB9C-82DA33400CAA.jpeg

• Like 1

@RedEye is this meant to be the diary for the growoff?

15 hours ago, RedEye said:

Correct, am I in the right section?

No you weren't but I have moved it to the correct area. I've also changed the name of your thread to "RedEye". 

Please read the Growoff Diary Rules & Guidelines

Twins that is really weird, is the soilmix clean? I mean no chance of other beans in the mix?

Good luck with the growoffs @RedEye :-greenthumb

Great news, all beans have popped! Have taken them off the window sill and under light cover of my veg tent. 

My veg tent is 0.6X1.2X1.6 & using 4 X 85W 6500k CFLs. 

I currently have a few other plants that are in veg to, that will be moving into my flower tent once that is harvested In a week. 

Will have space to pop them out soon. 

Not only did one bean twin but two of them have 3 seedling leaves, interesting.

And see attached the sneaks in the container as I missed that part of the rules.

8427986A-B1B4-4915-99DF-C7A0623E332F.jpeg

3AC688FF-18D8-4D05-A739-B640AC6E8613.jpeg

AD43B10B-8554-40C1-9770-584E580DBA49.jpeg

1B8AAE81-5689-470B-8572-F9BA7B76CAA8.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedEye said:

@Dank the soil mix was clean

That is super cool @RedEye , babies are looking nice! I have had this in the past, but reusing soilmixes so I could never be sure there wasn't another bean lurking around. Congrats man, one of those could be a identical clone to the mom. :) Some info from the RQS blog, thought I'd drop the info here in case anybody is interested.

royalqueenseeds.com/blog-the-most-common-cannabis-mutations-n727

TWIN SEEDLINGS

This mutation is very common. Polyembryonic seeds contain more than one seedling. Once germinated, it will produce two taproots instead of one. If carefully handled, these seedlings can be successfully separated into two plants.

Strangely, one of the two plants will be a normal offspring of both mother and father. The other plant will only be a clone of the mother.

Three-seedling polyembryonic seeds have also been reported.

Despite its interesting biological marker and outcome, there is no real advantage to breeding plants with this trait. No effort has been made thus far to develop a true-breed with these characteristics.

:-peace

Twins and morphed phyllotaxy are quite common in this cross, and has been prevelant since the F1s. I expect to see a bit more of that in everyone's grow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dank said:

Strangely, one of the two plants will be a normal offspring of both mother and father. The other plant will only be a clone of the mother.

Interesting. Does that mean that one of the twins is a guaranteed female?

Holding thumbs that I get twin girls :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 420SA said:

Interesting. Does that mean that one of the twins is a guaranteed female?

According to the dudes at RoyalQueenSeeds, and "only be a clone of the mother" I am assuming it will be very close (possibly identical).

I don't have any personal experience with this, will be watching the thread for sure! :-rolled

Edited by Dank

Hi guys, so a little update.

All seedlings have been successfuly transplanted into 10cm pots. Have also managed to separate my twins, started with 6 plants now have seven :).

All plants are currently sitting in my veg tent, propped higher directly under 2 X 85w cfls.

1BEF6315-803D-40A8-8614-1C37AF8D84CA.jpeg

DE55F8EB-CA18-4516-B25C-9C08E25AED37.jpeg

9F566B29-4666-4C38-B04C-4C58053FBDF0.jpeg

F8FC4914-C359-4010-9A63-138701DD815F.jpeg

• Like 4

Looking good there. Nice to have 7 from 6. Hopefully they are all female.

12 hours ago, highjinx said:

Looking good there. Nice to have 7 from 6. Hopefully they are all female.

That would be v nice 🙂

• Like 1

Hi guys! 

Sorry for lack of updates, recent harvest has kept me occupied but none the less still busy and taking care of the chocolope. The split twins are both thriving, the one is still pretty small and taking its time, but it’s not dead so that’s a good thing. Three of the plants are really out growing the rest being abit taller but no doubt the others will catch up. Iv also noticed the warped leaf which I see other users are also came across, and is in fact actually genetic as stated by @Totemic

Non the less the plants all seem to be doing great. They still remain under the CFLs and have been feeding it just plain balanced water with added microbes and more recently insect frass. 

26910490-6F04-4808-ABFC-7CC59EC5BB85.jpeg

0A55B849-E578-4EB4-8AF7-566A2205C861.jpeg

8DE63FB1-5505-48BF-A770-EA4BAF5C1C52.jpeg

126E307E-DA17-4B98-81B7-9F5E5A950B36.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, highchome said:

Wow, growing fast. Are there white spots on your leaves?

Yeah, it’s some  thrip damage. They are the death of me. Planning to get some predator mites to eat those fuckers, they are a plague. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedEye said:

thrip damage

Right, I don't know much about them. Reading now and hoping they don't pay me a visit

Pray son... Pray hard.. 

• Haha 1

Hi guys. Hope everyone is good. 

Some updates on the chocolope:

everything has been going pretty smooth, and plants looking good. Gave 4 of the 7 a topping 4 days ago, while I wait for the other 3 to catch up a bit before I give them a topping. One of the plants seem to be showing a trifecta as result to topping while others remain dual topped. The split twins are also doing good after their split and transplant with the one staying stubby yet still growing nicely. As per feeding wise have not been giving them much other than balanced water and extra microbes. Have also given them a foliar feed of silicon plus. Really enjoying growing these babies so far, am looking forward with what’s to come. 

9D632270-0233-4BE6-BE0B-EA73F8E372DC.jpeg

6D9E2D5B-B916-469D-B2A7-E3279A69DEC8.jpeg

675DA8E8-1D08-418D-9AEF-E6D00B54C4CB.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi guys!

so updates on the chocolope, growth has been good and steady this passed week, decided to top the plants that weren’t the previous time. Three of the girls are really out growing the others, they are also drinking on different schedules so have been feeding accordingly. Feed has still been plain water with added microbes. Have also recently given them a plant tonic foliar feed. 

8A60CA02-0D90-451A-9CB8-018173E78227.jpeg

C60917BA-DBDA-4B1C-ACB8-58F359A86A90.jpeg

• Like 3