@BorisK9 I think the weird fingers are signs you got a Kush leaning pheno. Dont quote me but read it on one of the other entries I was stalking. Looking good mate. Very nicely recovered from a shaky beginning.👍

• Like 2

Week update

So I think I need to pull an extra month out the hat somehow but otherwise been a easy going week, growth is still steaming along nicely and the young girls are strong and healthy. 

I will be needing to flip them soon if i want to stand any chance of getting harvest by the end of the comp. 

Will introduce the HPS in the next few days for extra OOOOOOMMMPH. 

Plant 1 still pushing out weird leaves, has anyone else seen any updates with something similar? Would be interesting to see, I might be the only lucky one.;-) 

Happy growing 

Week11.1.png

Week11.2.png

Week11 Pheno.1.png

Week11 Pheno.png

• Like 2

90% of the kush dominant pushes those extra leaves. Practically every grow has them. It's normal.

• Like 2

Week 12 - The Sex'ening

So this week was a very interesting week to say the least, I was a bit nervous in the beginning as i had 2 plants turn male on me, this then left me with 3 plants remaining.  

A few days later, the remaining 3 started to show their female bits and it was like a gift from the heavens.... i got a slight glimmer of hope at this stage and got me thinking i could still make it to the end. 

Plant 5 is roughly 35cm tall and is the bigger out of the 3 plants, i will make my final decision in the next few days as to who will be the lucky lady who will bag me a victory. I have now also introduced a 400 Watt HPS to the mix and they really have adjusted well. Light cycle in full swing now at 12/12.

SADLY........ the weird leaved not so unicorn turn out to be a boy, this was a sad day indeed. 

Happy Growing All

Week12.png

Week12.1.png

Week12 male.png

Week12 female.png

• Like 4

Its 70 days (10 weeks) till harvest day today. I really suggest you flip soon bud. The plants are of a decent size

On 8/22/2019 at 5:51 PM, 420SA said:

Its 70 days (10 weeks) till harvest day today. I really suggest you flip soon bud. The plants are of a decent size

Thanks for the advice bro. I flipped then a few days ago. Will choose my Cup winner in a few days or so just to make 100% sure, I don't want any surprises.  They looking really good and I'm starting to see some nice bud sites taking form. 

Looking forward to the next few weeks. 

Week 13 - Introducing..... Sheila

I have hand picked this young lady to carry us home. My decision was between plants number 3 and 5. Was a tough decision but my gut went with number 5..... now known as Shiela. 

I have given her a light defoliation and have started to add a very small extra amount of Potassium and she is loving it, along with other home made recipes. 

P.s - note the strange pheno with the leaf, luck would have it I had a sleeping unicorn.. who would have thought. 😉

If everything stays on track I am looking forward to the next phase. 

Happy growing all. 

20190828_191811.jpg

20190828_191825.jpg

20190828_191803.jpg

20190828_191745.jpg

20190828_191846.jpg

20190828_191931.jpg

• Like 5

Week 14 

Just a quick update on the young ladies progress. I will do a more detailed update next week. 

Buds are really starting to pop now, Tri's are also starting to get ridiculous and starting to cover the leaves. This lady is going to be thick and juicy if she carries on like this. 

Love and behold..... all this talk of a unicorn has really paid off, i have buds starting to pop in the middle of actual leaves, never seen this before throughout all my grows. 

Happy growing

Week 14 popping tri's.png

Week 14.png

Week 14 buds.png

Week 14 - bud on leaf.png

• Like 6

Week 16 

Progress coming along, buds starting to fatten up nicely and starting to get super frosty. Her aroma is also starting to flood my entire room which the misses is really loving..... not.. 😉 

Have a close look at the first pic and see the unicorn. That weird bud leaf is also getting bigger, I think it will fall off in a couple weeks to come tho, lol. 

This is going to be a race to the finish and I am really hoping I can make the cut off, next few week will be the decider. 

Happy Growing and good luck to everyone else. 

Week 16 budding leaf.png

Week 16 frosty.png

Week 16 side view.png

Week 16 side.png

Week 16 Top view.png

Week 16 whole.png

• Like 9

Week 17   What lies beneath

Been a relatively easy going week but have started to notice the temps rising pretty drastically in the last few days, been rather warm in Joburg.

She is becoming nice and bushy now with tight dank buds hugging the main stem, few pistils turning colour but still long way to go on the majority. Looking at the top view you would never think so much is happening beneath.

I should get one HUGE cola with a couple nice size nugs one the outsides. 

Happy growing.

P.S - What are the feelings on defoliating during flower? 

Week17.10.png

Week17.1.png

Week17.2.png

Week17.4.png

Week17.5.png

Week17.6.png

Week17.7.png

Week17.8.png

Week17.9.png

• Like 3