Posted (edited)

Thanks to everybody that helped organize the 2019 grow-offs, special thanks too @Totemic and @420SA!

:-rollitup

Dank Indoor Growoffs.jpg

The Setup - DIY Hillbilly style growbox located outside

Lights - HPS 400w Sunmaster + 50w CFL

Growing Medium - Homemade organic soilmix

Growing area (approx) - Height - 150 cm, Width - 80 cm - length - 120 cm

Nutrients - Mostly just plain water. Will use various organic methods to feed the soil, might include BioBizz depending on how my soil acts.

Pots - Coffee cups, plastic bag pots as well as a big plastic pot for the final plant. 

Edited by Dank
Added setup info
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

CannaBlessings from CannaBros.

Happy grow days. Busy getting our aqua ponics system up for Beans drop tommorow. Batling to upload pics but will try sort it out.

Aquaponics system sponsored by B&H Forestry Ugie Eastern cape...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cannabrosj said:

CannaBlessings from CannaBros.

Happy grow days. Busy getting our aqua ponics system up for Beans drop tommorow. Batling to upload pics but will try sort it out.

Aquaponics system sponsored by B&H Forestry Ugie Eastern cape...

Thanks @Cannabrosj   :-rollitup

Whoa baie cool man, didn't expect a aquaponic setup, will head over to your thread to hit up that notify button! 

High there. It is our first indoor grow with aquaponics but had it running outside for a while with natural sunlight and it worked fine. Didn't go to flowering with the aquaponics, transfered it to soil. Developed some issues and supplied to fast and caused overflo, but our problems should be sorted now.

As for the lighting for the growoff, i am quite stressed as thanks to our lovely postal service my package has NOT yet arrived! Hoping it will be here by the time my girls need it. Unfortunately we cant afford to just buy more, and being so out laid our only option is buying online.

Im sure things will work out.

2 of the 6 beans will be planted in soil but only fed with aquaponics systems' water and the remaining 4 will start off in smaller aquaponics system till they are ready to be transfered to their permanent spots.

Still battling to upload photos for some reason so pls bare with me and i will try sort it asap.

Many Thank

CannaBros

Johan

• Like 2

Soaking the beans overnight, will pop them into a nice soil mix tomorrow. :-puffin

CHC seed prep1.jpg

CHC seed prep2.jpg

• Like 4

Seeds were soaked a bit more than 12 hours and planted into some cups with my seedling mix.

I noticed my beans don't have the funky stripes like @Puffing Llama and @highchome seeds, will be interesting to see what @Totemic was cooking up in the breeding stable! :-puffpass

chc seeds diary.jpg

chc seeds planting.jpg

chc seeds planted.jpg

• Like 5

That is the kush dominant pheno bru. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is fire, I do have one bean with the funky stripes, remembered which cup she is in. I saw the post in which you mentioned the NL dad, going to be awesome! Nuff respect @Totemic , stoked to grow out this dankness! :-flyinghi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The dark seeds are kush dominant. Striped seeds are haze dominant. Yeah the NL pushed plenty of the afghani into the line. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that man, appreciated, haven't really grown too many hazes lately, the stretch could be too much for the growbox.

Also thinking the Kush might clock in higher on the THC levels, but a hybrid or a new haze pheno could achieve higher thc.

Food for thought. Nice selection, thanks again to everybody for organizing all this. :-rollitup

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

First babies was up yesterday and by this afternoon all six have sprouted. Awesome 100% germination rate :-greenthumb seedlings are looking like little danksters waiting to get loud!

Chc Sprouted.jpg

chc sprouted1.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/27/2019 at 7:42 PM, Totemic said:

The dark seeds are kush dominant. Striped seeds are haze dominant. Yeah the NL pushed plenty of the afghani into the line. 

This is interesting and useful thank you.

My seeds were striped but had red accents on 3 of them which i noticed after soaking. In retrospect i wish i had taken some more detailed pictures, but would you know if the red means anything specific/different?

Sorry for the hijack @Dank

• Like 1

No problem @LukeS :-greenthumb The babies really looking fire, keep em around in veg for a bit (if possible), grow em out after the comp and see what the @Totemic genetics blessed you with.

:-rollitup

• Like 1

The seedlings are all looking great despite my box running a bit cooler than it should be at night.

Today I gave them a little topdressing with some of the same soil mix, but it has beneficial microorganisms and also some insect frass mixed in.

Should give them a good boost this week.

Chc diary Jun7 (2).jpg

Chc diary Jun7.jpg

• Like 8

On 5/27/2019 at 7:22 PM, Totemic said:

That is the kush dominant pheno bru. 

You lucky fu$ker @Dank

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Moosed said:

You lucky fu$ker @Dank

Thanks @Moosed , :-rolled it is funny how it goes, I have quite a bit of Kush in my stable (a nice HinduKush from cali and LA Affie), I have very little Haze lol!

Super happy that kush is a NL, not sure from which Seedbank, but none the less I am going try keep these babies alive as clones/moms (keen to see all the flowers), will be happy to share the Totemic ChocoNL cuts with you guys. My CHC #1 is the bean that looked like the haze, the rest were more plain, with one speckled one.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, highjinx said:

Looking real good :-thumbsup

Thanks a lot @highjinx , my little growbox is full hillbilly, some cold weather coming up, hopefully i dont mess em up! Watchin weather reports like a boss LOL :-meditate

• Like 1

All the seedlings are doing well, they have been receiving mostly CFL light with some indirect light from the hps.

They will be receiving a few hours more of direct hps light every day until they are hardened off.

Still just giving some rain water for feeding, nothing special in the mix yet. :-rolled

Chc diary 13 Jun019.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Dank said:

They will be receiving a few hours more of direct hps light every day until they are hardened off.

How long does the hardening off process usually take you?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, highchome said:

How long does the hardening off process usually take you?

I like to put them under the hps for a hour or two at the start, then I increase the time under the hps by 2 hours every day. My hps is only burning for 8 hours at the moment, so in 4 days they should be settled in.

I am not able to keep an eagle eye on my box every day, so I thought I would harden off to try avoid stress when I place them under the HPS full time.

• Like 2

Looking good there Mr Dank. All well on track

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @420SA  ! I hope I can keep up with the ouens and meisies on the forum, the passion from the growers here is legit! 

That competition vibe.. its coming...  feel the vibe :rastabanana:-rastadance  stoked to be a part of this, restecpa!

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

I transplanted the seedlings on Saturday, but my phone decided to be a retard and somehow lost the picture I took.

The little ones already had some of their roots stuck into the sides of the paper cups, so it went a bit rougher than I would have liked. A nice reminder for me that paper cups are not always the best for seedlings.

They all took it in their stride and loving life, here is a update picture of the little danksters. :-peace

Chc diary Jun18.jpg

Chc diary Jun18 (2).jpg

• Like 9