Germinated around 12:15 on the 25th. Pics taken with my old phone.. future pics will be better

Diary entry 31.5.19_ 2/3 popped so far. One using paper towl method other one was straight into soil.. 

IMG-20190531-WA0015.jpg

• Like 4

Ey guys pardon the delay in reply just been maaaaad up and down between the western and eastern cape this last week.. all 6 seeds germinated and is doing well.. I'll upload a decent pic tonight once I take a recent pic

Posted (edited)

So 3 will be nutrient grown(bloombastic sample) and 3 will b fed with fish tank water keeping them organic

Edited by Master Lee
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Side note: night temps dip to below 0 where I am located. No added heat for now as I would prefer to introduce heat early july instead.. get them used to some hard conditions for now.. they are directly under an 85w clf with an additional 10w led floodlight. Also receiving lil additional light from a 200w warm white cfl 

Edited by Master Lee
  • Like 1

Babies are looking good @Master Lee , considering the dips to 0 outside, what is your minimum temps inside if you don't mind me asking? 

My Choco's had a 13 degree morning, but that has been the coldest, seedlings not really phased by it, perhaps a bit of slowdown in growth.

Posted (edited)

@Dank much appreciated🙏. I suspect it to drop to about 7 or 8°c at night in the lil grow enclosure but it might even drop lower.. I'll take a pic of the temperature reading first thing in the morning and post..will also see to keep track of temp readings at night for interested sake.. day temps are perfect within standstandard SI room temp conditions..slowed growth at first but once heat is introduced it'll get a solid burst plus these babies can withstand anything if they survive this. 

Edited by Master Lee
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:32 AM, Dank said:

Babies are looking good @Master Lee , considering the dips to 0 outside, what is your minimum temps inside if you don't mind me asking? 

My Choco's had a 13 degree morning, but that has been the coldest, seedlings not really phased by it, perhaps a bit of slowdown in growth.

Anything below 19.c the plant metabolism essentially starts to slow down before eventual death. Best to try keep them from having extreme temperature swings.

Posted (edited)

@greenkush thanx for the advise. I am aware of the decrease in metabolism speed under such conditions.. those seeds however were germinated in the same conditions and didn't start of in warmer environment.. I am not stating this is the best way of growing but ey there's nothing wrong with exploring what phenotype wee will observe under these conditions.. haha summer grow is coming still so there will b time.. watch the progress I guess

Edited by Master Lee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Master Lee said:

@greenkush thanx for the advise. I am aware of the decrease in metabolism speed under such conditions.. those seeds however were germinated in the same conditions and didn't start of in warmer environment.. I am not stating this is the best way of growing but ey there's nothing wrong with exploring what phenotype wee will observe under these conditions.. haha summer grow is coming still so there will b time.. watch the progress I guess

I was more referring to Dank letting his seedlings get to 13.c, not anything you've done 🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, greenkush said:

Anything below 19.c the plant metabolism essentially starts to slow down before eventual death. Best to try keep them from having extreme temperature swings.

Lol, the eventual death will follow, keep an eye on my diary to witness it!

We are in the Hillbilly Box Weight division.

So in springtime when the temps dip below 19 C at night, then all plants suffer and eventually die! :-hilarious 

Edited by Dank

@Master Lee all jokes aside it is probably better if you could raise nighttime temps a bit, like @greenkush mentioned it will do a lot more harm than good in the long run. 7.8c is really getting cold for them babies, hope they are all doing well.

:-peace

@Dank I'll post a pic later. They are all alive and well🙏😇 wil raise the night temps soon tho.. 

• Like 1

@Dank 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:59 AM, Master Lee said:

Pardon the pic quality.pic was taken around 5:30 am this morning. IMG-20190617-WA0005.thumb.jpg.97b982607716fffe0ff682c7e7d19b06.jpg

Night Temps have been increased since. Expecting growth to pick up slightly.And plants moved under 100w cob led two days ago. Below is a pic of said day with the start of the led light. Also first bit of fish tank water has been fed to all 6 babies for the first time yesterday. I wil take fresh pic now when light cycle is on to show the lil bit of growth. 

side note-grow space undergoing construction-pardon pic.

Love and respect guys. Peace🙏

IMG-20190620-WA0064.jpg

IMG-20190618-WA0011.jpg

• Like 1

How are you adjusting heat at night? 

I'm keen to see how the fishtank water babies do VS the nutes

I expect the nutes to do better in veg as it is a more complete solution where the fish water has high bloom nutes ratio

Gonna be interesting to see! 

• Like 1

@CreX @CreX had to do some construction to insulate the lil space bit better.. I introduced the fish water a day or two before the nutes so the "organic ones" are slightly ahead now.. below is a pic of the 2/3 of the fishtank water ones.. 

IMG-20190623-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20190623-WA0036.jpg

• Like 1

Still battling the cold🙈 heater not helping alot after midnight it seems but the babies are still alive. Growth very slow. Think the fish tank water ones will be what I select to continue with further and see what we can get organic. 

IMG-20190701-WA0021.jpg

• Like 3