3 hours ago, Hornygoatsweed said:

She's a whopper! Really looking like an Indica though 😕

Duidelik

Either the air stones allow the use of less nutrients or the strain is more sensitive than what I've grown previously.

IMG-20190910-WA0001.thumb.jpg.f1a23d93ea6b5ef0c315983144c409dd.jpg

• Like 1

Nute issues generally display themselves differently to what I'm seeing here. 

What I'm seeing is heavy canoeing on the upper most leaves... 

This indicates that the tops are either getting too hot, or you have an issue with your air pump for your res, not pumping enough or airstone is degraded or pumping big bubbles

What is your res temp? And how healthy are the roots? 

1 hour ago, Aeradix said:

Nope, haha. I think it's too much nutes. Think it might be too much nitrogen and that I should do a flush and see if it helps. 

Also, what is you ppm and pH? I don't see any issues with either, I still think my last comment will help identify your problem. 

And when last did you do a reschange? 

6 minutes ago, Hornygoatsweed said:

H'mm, I'm not sure either, although I must say that some of those leaves are very dark green 😕

They are pretty dark.. But nitrogen tox is more than just dark leaves. 

Tips will curl down and vertical growth slows to a standstill. 

The canoeing leaves concern me more as it's a classic hydro problem from a stressed root zone

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, CreX said:

They are pretty dark.. But nitrogen tox is more than just dark leaves. 

Tips will curl down and vertical growth slows to a standstill. 

The canoeing leaves concern me more as it's a classic hydro problem from a stressed root zone

I concur, it would've curled downwards and inwards, resembling dark, pointy claws. I'm so glad I don't do hydro 😛

Thanks for giving input. It made me think about what could've changed and I realised after - checking the roots and sleeping over it - that the air stones are completely below the root mass and no moisture was able to go into the top of the reservoir. Should know by Monday if moving the air stones up higher with more water fixed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeradix said:

Thanks for giving input. It made me think about what could've changed and I realised after - checking the roots and sleeping over it - that the air stones are completely below the root mass and no moisture was able to go into the top of the reservoir. Should know by Monday if moving the air stones up higher with more water fixed it.

Water was low? 

Looks like my theory was incorrect. Still having issues. Air stones have been an uphill battle mostly. Going to try a new air pump and other stones as I think I might have damaged the pump when it accidentally sucked up some water. I had a spill about the same time the trouble started.

IMG-20190919-WA0000.thumb.jpg.0f4b85eef37a21c4ce5a0ae7b56cec70.jpg

The colour is so wrong on this plant. I dont do hydro, but judging the plant as is, there is definately too much N. The wrinkled leaves too much Ca. 

I'd be flushing this plant to ease the N darkening and get a lighter better view at the issue.

Are the buds hard or airy? 

2 minutes ago, Totemic said:

The colour is so wrong on this plant. I dont do hydro, but judging the plant as is, there is definately too much N. The wrinkled leaves too much Ca. 

I'd be flushing this plant to ease the N darkening and get a lighter better view at the issue.

Are the buds hard or airy? 

They do look a bit airy and the top leaves and buds have gotten some light burn. I have moved the light away, but I reckon the lack of nutrient uptake is at least partially to blame. Will do the flush later today as well.

Take a Pic of your roots please... 

I'd like to see what they look like? 

How many airstones do you have in the bucket? 

Are you saying that there is no air coming out of the air stones? 

The water level of the bucket should be about 1cm below the bottom of your net pots. 

One more question.. How often have you been changing your res out for new res water? 

Edited by CreX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CreX said:

Take a Pic of your roots please... 

I'd like to see what they look like? 

How many airstones do you have in the bucket? 

Are you saying that there is no air coming out of the air stones? 

The water level of the bucket should be about 1cm below the bottom of your net pots. 

One more question.. How often have you been changing your res out for new res water? 

2 air stones. Air is coming out. It seems that the pump works better when completely flat. I sometimes let the pump sit slightly sideways. Will not do that in the future.

Pics are where the water level is usually. I will up the water level from now on.

Water change every 1 - 2 weeks.

IMG_20190919_124607.jpg

IMG_20190919_124613.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks man! Okay let's take a looook! 

Airstones seem to be doing okay so that's not the issue here. 

Water level is very low as a standard. It's called DWC for a reason remember😜! 1cm below the bottom of your pots it's good... This will help stabilize the pH and stabilize everything really. Ppm fluctuations and pH fluctuations have potential to really wreak havok with growth so you would need to be very attentive in bloom. 

Roots aren't as white as they should be... But they arent ugly and unhappy either... They have gone brown due to being exposed to air too much... So no issue there either. 

The main problem I think you have... Is changing your res out so often... If I can shit you not right now... I changed my res once in veg... And once in bloom, but I added extra nutes at week 3.

Now I'm not saying do it my way... But in general my res only starts getting good in the 2nd week from fresh. 

So because you are not adding any teas or microbes in your res, you will need to change your water out every 3 weeks. Because honestly, if you are following the dose recommendations for your nutrients, and dump the res a week later... The plants have barely gotten through 10% of the nutes... Huge wastage... I found that the beginning of week 4 defeciencies start showing... So 3 weeks is the sweet spot. 

What do you use to test Ppm and pH? How regular do you test them? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CreX said:

Thanks man! Okay let's take a looook! 

Airstones seem to be doing okay so that's not the issue here. 

Water level is very low as a standard. It's called DWC for a reason remember😜! 1cm below the bottom of your pots it's good... This will help stabilize the pH and stabilize everything really. Ppm fluctuations and pH fluctuations have potential to really wreak havok with growth so you would need to be very attentive in bloom. 

Roots aren't as white as they should be... But they arent ugly and unhappy either... They have gone brown due to being exposed to air too much... So no issue there either. 

The main problem I think you have... Is changing your res out so often... If I can shit you not right now... I changed my res once in veg... And once in bloom, but I added extra nutes at week 3.

Now I'm not saying do it my way... But in general my res only starts getting good in the 2nd week from fresh. 

So because you are not adding any teas or microbes in your res, you will need to change your water out every 3 weeks. Because honestly, if you are following the dose recommendations for your nutrients, and dump the res a week later... The plants have barely gotten through 10% of the nutes... Huge wastage... I found that the beginning of week 4 defeciencies start showing... So 3 weeks is the sweet spot. 

What do you use to test Ppm and pH? How regular do you test them? 

Thanks @CreX I agree with changing the res water less often. It makes sense, especially being a winter grow. So I will keep the water level higher and change res less often.

I'm lucky enough to be using a GroLab Grow Automation system so I get e-mail alerts when something goes out of bounds pH wise. Might add an EC meter later. pH is a bit high at the moment because I'm flushing until tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.6ab45a37ecef710ad9b167b6412004f7.png

Edited by Aeradix
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Aeradix said:

Thanks @CreX I agree with changing the res water less often. It makes sense, especially being a winter grow. So I will keep the water level higher and change res less often.

I'm lucky enough to be using a GroLab Grow Automation system so I get e-mail alerts when something goes out of bounds pH wise. Might add an EC meter later. pH is a bit high at the moment because I'm flushing until tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.6ab45a37ecef710ad9b167b6412004f7.png

I Want This =o

...Btw, didn't I tell you a year or two ago that using half the dosage that labels on fertilizers recommend tends to get better results? It's part of marketing. 😛

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Hornygoatsweed said:

...Btw, didn't I tell you a year or two ago that using half the dosage that labels on fertilizers recommend tends to get better results? It's part of marketing. 😛

You did, I didn't listen and now I suffer the consequences 😣

Any time dude!! Live and learn and prosper!! 

• Like 3