I moved everything to a new top as the holes I made in the previous top was too large (hence the plumber's tape visible in the previous posts) and the net pots were starting to slip through when handling the setup. I probably waited too long to do the changeover, because I had to manhandle the roots quite badly to move everything. Either way, growth was really starting to pick up and should continue after recovering from the move.

IMG_20190714_155251.thumb.jpg.8d3d75811ddc27b30e9d8de02e9f61a8.jpg

• Like 3

Removed the top left plant to make space for OpenGrow system probes. The plant looked the worst anyway. Had a rough week with pH fluctuations, but I think the pH takes longer to settle with air stones vs. a water pump. Could be wrong?

IMG_20190721_131931.thumb.jpg.c8ea37e2c0dc78116a2938bc919a5ec1.jpg

• Like 4

Iv found that my system only really stabalises after 2 weeks... And if I haven't been playing too much with the PH, then I barely need to adjust it after 2 weeks... 

Really just gooi some pH down when I top up the res after 2 weeks... 

I feel that the same way microbes and fungi keep the roots pH in the right zone in soil, also do a similar thing in hydro... 

No official research has been done.. But generally after 2 weeks... My pH seems to take care of itself

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to state that I am not formally competing because of being a vendor, but also because other growers are doing way better, haha 🤣

Edited by Aeradix

19 minutes ago, Aeradix said:

I would like to state that I am not formally competing because of being a vendor, but also because other growers are doing way better, haha 🤣

I know a guy who can hook you up with a few lights🤣

I wouldn't be worried yo, your plants are growing👌

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CreX said:

I know a guy who can hook you up with a few lights🤣

I wouldn't be worried yo, your plants are growing👌

Haha, having a good light is probably the only thing that carried me through the issues. Yes, plants are growing well, but I am also going to veg for much longer than the competition allows. It's all about the yields for me and winter just slows everything down.

9 minutes ago, Aeradix said:

Haha, having a good light is probably the only thing that carried me through the issues. Yes, plants are growing well, but I am also going to veg for much longer than the competition allows. It's all about the yields for me and winter just slows everything down.

I have pushed my veg time quite far ahead... I'm prob gonna flip on the 24th of August. 

And you only need to choose one plant for the comp... The other plants you can grow out at your leisure 👌😋

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Aeradix said:

Latest update

IMG_20190729_082157.jpg

Wowie! That bucket is full lol... How are the roots doing? Growing into each other? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CreX said:

Wowie! That bucket is full lol... How are the roots doing? Growing into each other? 

Yes, quite a bit. I've given it more thought and I will have to flip sooner than later. Not being feminized makes it impossible to let it veg and take up as much room as possible.

• Like 1

Be gentle with the roots... But try separate them as it gets harder and harder every day and eve tually when you need them apart, you will end up cutting much valuble root mass off. 

Gentle tugs generally work for me... But since it was an issue, I have been doing it on a weekly basis and it makes it easier. 

If you can get someone to hold the lid so you have 2 hands it's even easier. 

• Thanks 1

First day of 12/12 today. Pics from yesterday and sex is still not very clear, so hopefully by the end of the week or so.

Images are before and after defoliation as well as pictures attempting to sex the 3 plants from right to left.

IMG_20190804_095547.jpg

IMG_20190804_101520.jpg

IMG-20190804-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190804-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190804-WA0002.jpg

• Like 5

Growth looks amazing man! Well done, the speed of hydro! 😮

It looks like at least two could be male, but I hope I'm wrong. The pics are a bit vague in terms of seeing what's going on at the nodes, but it vaguely looks like I see some spade-shaped looking protrusions? 😕

• Thanks 1

It looks like all 3 might be female, so I might keep all of them. Probably remove the middle one for some space.

IMG_20190812_132654.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Hornygoatsweed said:

Growth looks amazing man! Well done, the speed of hydro! 😮

It looks like at least two could be male, but I hope I'm wrong. The pics are a bit vague in terms of seeing what's going on at the nodes, but it vaguely looks like I see some spade-shaped looking protrusions? 😕

Thanks for checking. I'll upload some new pics later tonight for you smart people to help.

Posted (edited)

Top one looks like it's pushing more leaf nodes.. 

Middle one not sure 

And that last one is defs a girl bro! 

Edited by CreX
  • Agree 1

I would give the middle one a couple more days.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd keep both the top and middle one for a bit longer to confirm.

Have not seen anything like the middle one before, can be difficult to tell from pictures though.

• Like 1