Got the seeds today. Thank you guys!

IMG-20190519-WA0004.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome bro. CannaBrosBlessings. Still awaiting mine. Shouls arribe this week some time.

I like to soak 💦 seeds in distilled water for at least 24 hours when starting the germination 🌱 process.

IMG_20190525_140346.jpg

• Like 1

All 6 seeds have germinated nicely, but only 4 will make the cut ✂️

IMG_20190531_074111.jpg

• Like 4

Glad they have all germed. Do you always let them go that far before getting them into their medium?

Yours have done just as much growing as mine...I just transferred mine into coco while the seed husk was still on. 

• Like 1

ya i'd also like to know, if you always let them go so far & why? ✌️

On 5/31/2019 at 1:52 PM, 420SA said:

Glad they have all germed. Do you always let them go that far before getting them into their medium?

Hi, yes, because I avoid growing in any medium except water. Next update will show more details of my process.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jak said:

Hi, yes, because I avoid growing in any medium except water. Next update will show more details of my process.

Ah right I see

:-peace

Got the chosen 4 in a small DWC box under CFLs. They're stretching badly, but we're in Durban for the Expo and will only be able to move them under the Mars-Hydro LED next week.

IMG-20190605-WA0005.jpg

• Like 7

Yours still did not stretching as much as mine did, but mine are going into pots soon, so then the stretch will disappear. Looking good otherwise.

Hi everyone and @420SA

I try to stay within bounds of 1 post per week, not necessarily one post every 7 days. Please let me know if this against the rules and I will make a point to post more often.

Anyway, I'm embarrassed to say the plants aren't looking too good. Looks like windburn after I moved them to the tent.

I have changed a few things with this grow that could be contributing to my struggles: Larger 1m tent, changes to my DWC setup, it's a winter grow which I don't like either. All excuses, but I'm hoping I've sorted out everything and I know the plants will be happier under the Mars II 1600.

IMG-20190616-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Excuse the n00b question, but what is windburn exactly?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

If temps are a bit of a problem, DWC can be quite effective in the winter with a aquarium heater hookup. Keep the roots around 18c - 20c.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

How are your roots looking? Pristine white? Or alil unhappy? 

9 hours ago, CreX said:

How are your roots looking? Pristine white? Or alil unhappy? 

One plant (left rear in the last pic) has unhappy roots. The other plant's roots are looking really good and they seem to have started recovering 😅

12 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Excuse the n00b question, but what is windburn exactly?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The tent only has 3 intake vents and the air was blowing hard over the plants, causing windburn. At least that's what I think, and after closing the vents completely and moving air intake to the viewing window things have started looking better. My favourite resource for all things growing related: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-wind-burn/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Jak said:

I try to stay within bounds of 1 post per week, not necessarily one post every 7 days. Please let me know if this against the rules and I will make a point to post more often.

Hi @Jak

Its a "soft" rule, put in place just to make sure guys update their diaries in good time. You wont get DQ if you miss an update but we want the guys to stick as close as possible to the guidelines. If you don't update in more than 14 days then there we'll look at possible DQ

:-peace

• Like 1

It looks like the new growth is happier, but something is still an issue. Going to go back to RO water and see if that makes a difference. 🙁

IMG-20190621-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At least I'm not the only one experiencing issues...hope they come right quickly

Edited by highjinx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jak said:

It looks like the new growth is happier, but something is still an issue. Going to go back to RO water and see if that makes a difference. 🙁

IMG-20190621-WA0002.jpg

RO water is stripped from minerals, personally I don't like

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

RO water is stripped from minerals, personally I don't like

I've only had good grows with RO, but want to bring the cost down. Either way, going to check if that doesn't help with my issues.