Organic Super Soil and Pro Mix

Guest Totemic

Quite the thread revival, I know.

So who all is using this soil and how is it performing?

Do you just chuck the ingredients together in a big bin and close it and leave it outside? Does it need sun or heat?

Any modifications to the recipe? Freedom Farms soil has become popular, perhaps that's instead or?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I have a similar mix it is on par with freedom farms if not better. It takes time to make, but it is worth it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Mushroom compost is abundant in the cape as DoubleGrow produces it there. Maybe there's a doublegrow stockist in JHB(contact doublegrow) but I found theses guys who appear to have a nursery in Midrand. Give them a call and see if they have https://www.stanlerfarms.co.za/ 

Speak to these guys about where their product is stocked (rock dust) http://turbo-grow.co.za/ 

Rock phosphate you may have to get online. It's not something you'll find at every nursery. Perhaps you could order the rock dust and phosphate online

• Like 1

I’m outside PTA (Cullinan area), most nurseries stock mushroom compost but let me know if you can’t find any, I buy about 20 cubes a year so you’re welcome to a bucket or two if you’re willing to come and get it. It’ll be cheaper to just get it at a nursery if you take fuel into consideration though.

The rest of the stuff you’ll have to get online or at GTHydro in Fourways. I’ve phoned around quite a bit and couldn’t find any nurseries that stocks them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 1:54 PM, PsyCLown said:

Quite the thread revival, I know.

So who all is using this soil and how is it performing?

Do you just chuck the ingredients together in a big bin and close it and leave it outside? Does it need sun or heat?

Any modifications to the recipe? Freedom Farms soil has become popular, perhaps that's instead or?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

i ran two autos in the mix indoors using 0 nutrients, check the diary here: https://www.420sa.co.za/topic/1967-yourstonedbuddys-auto-run/ 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well my plan is to double or even triple up on the recipe so basically everything times 2 or 3

Hydroponic.co.za stocks 200g and 1kg packets. I want go for the 1kg but would also like to know what the correct quantities are.... 

But if the whole price price thing is an issue to make a huge batch then I'll 1st go for the single batch and just work up from there. I haven't gotten my dry goods yet cause I don't want to let it sit for to long without being used. That's just a callout for small creatures to come and scratch and nibble. Especially on that rabbit food. 

My plan is to get all the dry goods end of the month and mix it. Then I want to leave it until next seasons grow to mature and just become gold 😁

Edited by Smelly Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/16/2015 at 4:56 PM, ajcapetown said:

Hi Guys.

I have managed to source most of the things I need, Totemic maybe you can help me here. I can't track down the Lucerne. I tried a few pet shops but they all seem to be selling either like a rabbit muesli or a mix that has a bit of lucerne in but also corn, sunflower seeds, hay and who knows what else.

I also can't track down the Taiborne. I checked their website and then tried Stodels Bellville and Milnerton. I also tried Super Plants and PnP Hyper (it says on their site they have it) None of them had.

Hortishop is out of worm castings but they getting today I think.

Where did you buy the Talborne and lucerne?

Thanks a mil

You could try Cape Garden Centre in Joostenbergvlakte.

@ajcapetown I've been to Jamie's garden shop last week and he had wormcastings and alfalfa/lucerne mulch available. Maybe give them a call before you go there to make sure it's still in stock. Also saw that futurama has lot's of ingredients now. Saw they have alfalfa meal which seems to be similar to lucerne. I am busy with a similar project.

• 420SA unpinned this topic