Howdy!

highjinx

So this is just to say hi...

Still very new to growing my own and learing every day. Hope to learn some more around here. Currently have some Moby Dick and a bunch of randoms going.

My reason for growing is to make oil for my wife that was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, so I have never smoked before. I'll give smoking a try once I take down my first own harvest.

Cheers!!

highjinx :-rollitup

• Like 2

Welcome to the herb growing family @highjinx 

Cannabis is a really easy plant to grow if we provide a good environment and their basic needs they do very well! Like @Bospatrollie2 said, feel free to ask questions if you are unsure about things. Harvesting and curing the meds is usually just as important as growing, especially for medical patients.

My sister suffers from very bad Fibromyalgia, shame, and some people think it is not even a real thing (maybe cause no pills help). It is however a combination of many things, of which severe inflammation in the joints and muscles is one of them. 

Vaporizing almost any strain of Cannabis really helps to relieve the pain and other symptoms, as well as getting a better nights rest. 

Ingesting oils can be pretty intense and long lasting experience for new and even experienced patients. CBD can help balance this out but it could still be a very long day for the new patient, sometimes feeling groggy, sleepy and basically not themselves.

My sister is using the dry herb Vaporizer for now and seems to help a lot.

Smoking and vaping can get done in moderation so that the new patient can get a feel for the medicine.

Best wishes and richest blessings. 

Hi and welcome @highjinx

1 hour ago, Dank said:

Smoking and vaping can get done in moderation so that the new patient can get a feel for the medicine.

I'm also fairly new to cannabis, but I'd 100% agree with @Dank there. Start really slowly otherwise you or your wife can end up having a bad experience and be scared off and end up missing out on the benefits. 

My wife takes cannabutter most days and that has worked really well for anxiety. You just need to start with a very low dose and slowly increase until you get the effect you want. Just remember with edibles it can take hours before you feel anything, so it is easy to over do it if you are not careful.

Making your own oil/butter is quite easy and then you'll have a much better idea of how strong it is. 

Good luck, I hope your grow goes well

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome.

We managed to get hold of some oil and my wife was pain free for the first time in years almost instantly, even at an extremely low dose, but we are both concidering smoking for both the medical and recreational benefits. However, she is currently pregnant, so I've got a year to sort my grow out.

Defenitely not looking at doing anything crazy for the first time, so still thinking about how to do it, but nothing to worry about now.

Looking forward to my first harvest and making my own edibles and oil.

Hope you all have a good weekend and have one on my behalf.

• Like 2