Dank's Home Bred Bud Shots

Dank

Sup 420SA :-puffin

Disclaimer: I breed Cannabis seed as a hobby to help preserve seeds (genetics) and possibly improve certain strains. I provide these genetics for free to our Collective of growers, most of which are medical patients. 

I am not a master breeder, this was the first year that I could see so many of my own crosses being grown out, a wonderful experience. After being a custodian for so many years, it is time we share the Fire with the community.

Some of the bud shots will be grown by me, most pictures I will post here will be from growers and future breeders in our Collective.  :-peace

Blessed love 

• Like 5

Side note: I will try describe strains as accurate as possible, bear in mind the original genes arrived at my door more than 8 years ago. I won't go WaltDisney yet and start calling every phenotype out of a cross something like "manderin zkittlez". Will leave that for the boys and girls that find those ELITE moms. :-puffin

I am always up for discussing genes of my crosses in more detail. 

This baby really surprised me, grown outdoors tastes like some damn potent indoor Chemdawg mixed up with fruits and sherbert. Posting this babygirl first.

Grown by me outdoors, organically, harvested a tad early, perhaps a week or so, but super happy with her. Took the pic in the morning sun.

BlueBerry Kush (Blueberry x Hindu Kush) x  KushCookies (Afghani x GirlScoutCookies) - F1

OG tasting  pheno.

BlueBerryKush x GSC.jpg

Edit: I realize my camera is not the best quality, will look to Wish perhaps for some HD cam so I can give better detail. Hope it gives a general idea. Ok the day calls! Take it easy SA, Big Up Yourself and your Crew them!

Edited by Dank
Adding extra infos, fixing wake n bake mistake
  • Like 2

Went to visit my friends yesterday, brothers of the collective, vibe was good as well as a nice surprise, there was still a Kush plant growing in a shady spot that I never noticed before.

Last tree standing, the plant managed to find its way up to the sunlight and is busy doing its thing, quite late in the season, the guys are battling some PM, but I am sure it will be under control by next week. Keeping an eye out for bud rot, but so far so good. Smells like some Vanilla Kush. :-puffin

When I asked the guys if they would like to pose for some bud shots, they said that they don't have any of the higher grade out, only the "majad"! Which now refers to the early harvested and popcorn buds.

As we set up the tray with some of the buds, the Iya replies, "This is the morning stash mon!", just like in Strain Hunters Jamaica, classic! 

Collective Brothers with KushCookies.jpg

Dright morning stash.jpg

• Like 2

Here is another few nuggies, outdoor grown.

BlueBerry Kush (Blueberry x Hindu Kush) x  KushCookies (Afghani x GirlScoutCookies) - F1

This is the Orange/Apricot (Citrus) pheno. AKA - Appelkoos konfyt . Will start a inbred line from this specific plant, on the tongue orangy sherbert taste. 

:-puffin

KushCookies Apricot.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another picture from the BlueBerryKush (Blueberry x Hindu Kush) x  KushCookies (Afghani x GirlScoutCookies) - F1 cross.

This is the most dominant pheno we have witnessed so far. Smells very much like vanilla, tastes like a sweet Afghani with a bit of aniseed on the exhale. 

The high is nice and strong almost electric.

BLK Vanilla Pheno.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tamjee Rusty
      Geminated on the 29th of April 2020. 
      Choco NL by @Totemic 
      Using Justcannabis soil, potted in normal plastic pots. 
      Added Explogrow and Micromatter from Plantmatter SA, using Seagro and Kelp for foliage spray.
      Transplanting into Plantmatter SA fabric pots
      Images to follow soon
    • By SaVanT
      Hi everyone,
      First time posting here. So here is photos of my plants that's been growing since last year October until now.
      Apologies if the photos are not in order from start to where they are now.

Medium:                    Coco, Vermiculite, Pearlite ((Topped with a layer of sterile sand))
                                          Think these are 8L buckets. They are very small
      Feeding:                     Manual hydro feed every day by hand
                                          Sometimes the rain helped a bit
      Feeding schedule:    Feed Feed water, Feed feed water etc.
                                          Foliar Feeding every water day at 4pm
      Strains:                      No idea xD
      Germinate day:         3rd October 2019
      Environment:            Outdoor under 10% Shade netting on top, Insect netting on the sides
                                          Had to move some of them to the outside, as space was a problem

Would appreciate it if anyone can help identify the strains. 

Do excuse the top colas of the sativas thats touching the roof (I know i cringe as well but those ones want to reach heaven it seems.

Enjoy

• By CannaCult
      3 out of 3 Seeds of the Cannabist Grandaddy Purple Fast Fem germinated in Jiffy pellets that I buffer myself as well. I have had 100% success rate with this method:
      I am no pro but it works for me so maybe someone might benefit from this.. 
      Soak Jiffy Pellets in Buffering solution(50g Calmag salt in 20l water) for 12 hours. 
      Press out most of the solution without breaking the lining. 
      Rinse with tap water and press out excess water. 
      Make a nutrient solution as per specifications and soak the pellets for a few minutes.  (I used Vitalink Coco Max SW A+B @ half a ml to 1l water each PHed to 6.2)
      Press out most of the water and fluff up the peat inside the lining. 
      Carefully place the seeds about 1cm into the pellet, place in a warm dark place until first sign of germination. If the peat dries out before the first sign of germination, use the nutrient solution above to moisten the pellet. (Note that if the pellet is too wet, your seedling might die due to 'dampening-off') 
      Move under a 18/6 light cycle. (I use a 250W MH) 

Note: If you are unsure of the wet/dryness of your pellet, practice on some bagseeds until you find the sweet-spot. 
      I grow in 100% Washed and Buffered Coco Coir.
      (I might do a tutorial on this in future as I think that Coco is the best grow medium "better than soil" for our plants but people experience issues because it was never properly washed or buffered.) 
      Follow along for updates. 
      Next: Transplant to Coco in grow bags. 
      I have more than 1 Strain growing concurrently but this thread is dedicated to the Local Genetics. 

• By MissMayhem
      Hey guys, 
      I'm new to the forum, I saw there was a poll on the local seed banks but a few of the sites were down and some were great. I'm just looking for some variety on a pick n mix batch of about 3 different high thc strains. Feminized. 
      Can anyone suggest any decent places and nice very high the strains?
      I've been thinking of buying from cannasmiths, biltong n budz or greensmokeroom. 
      Have some nice strains, decent prices and sell individual seeds,
      Looking at royal gorilla, Jack herer, utopia haze, Durban poison
      Jackys girl on gsr sounds amazing, a touch out of my price for one seed. 
      Any local strains that are especially good in our climate?
      Is there anything I should watch out for with any of the local seed banks?
      Any and all feed back appreciated :)
    • By Dank
      Breeding Cannabis at home as a hobby (or more seriously) is now easier than ever before, thanks to the pioneers that have been tirelessly breeding (and preserving) countless of generations since the early 80's in Holland, US and other parts of the world. 
      We as hobbyists can now start with proven genetics and try to develop new, or preserve certain traits/effects that the Cannabis flowers posses.

Feel free to ask questions or share your experiences/resources.
      Cannabis Breeding Articles
      https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/cannabis-breeding-basics/
      https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cannabis-breeding
      https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-breeding-and-preserving-cannabis-genetics-at-home-n511
      https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/marijuana-growing-guide/history-of-marijuana-strains/
      to be continued..