• Stoukie
    • Gnome
    • Moosed
    • SkunkPharm
    • Dank
    • CG420za
    • CougheeCultivator

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/2019 at 10:00 AM

On 5/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, 420SA said:

These are the entries carried over from POTM April

@Stoukie

This is my Glueberry O.G. Mainline Journey over the span of 8 weeks until now. I added a pic or two at the end with my username and date to show what it looks like after 56 days.

Day 8 : The journey begins

20190226_081026.thumb.jpg.555808e136d32fb9528e95563a5369dd.jpg

Day 21 - Minutes before Mainline Base Training starts

20190311_173902.thumb.jpg.d96328773d5e33c8fd3a98e4d74b9e6b.jpg

Day 21 - Mainline Base Training started

20190311_174626.thumb.jpg.4c3c213350759492acf936944cf0c805.jpg

Day 35 - Stretching sideways, second node of each branch removed

20190325_201502.thumb.jpg.3e08f5db0031ef804ce5139dce14ef13.jpg

Day 42 - First and third nodes on each side branch stretching nicely 

20190401_210116.thumb.jpg.1722b35c048ae3c5144d7033ca23d398.jpg

Day 56 - Today

20190415_181420.thumb.jpg.173edbf85c538cf7cb88de6595fa6d0b.jpg

Day 56 - Today (again)

20190415_181412.thumb.jpg.930df873f3eff3d360bd74316a9e10d5.jpg

Day 69 - Switched to flower a week ago, little stretching but now much.

So much potential still remain, only time will tell what she will become...

Fire bro. You got my vote

• Thanks 1

Congratulations @CG420za and @Stoukie :-clap

You guys will both be getting a Freedom Farms Hoodie, Cap & Firejuice. I'll be contacting you guys via PM shortly.

Unfortunately POTM will be halted indefinitely due to lack of entries/interest. Keep your eye on other competitions run on 420SA

:-peace

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, 420SA said:

You guys will both be getting a Freedom Farms Hoodie, Cap & Firejuice. I'll be contacting you guys via PM shortly.

Unfortunately POTM will be halted indefinitely due to lack of entries/interest. Keep your eye on other competitions run on 420SA

Thats a pitty.. eech..:-hairpull

55 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Wow thanks, feeling very blessed!! 😊

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 420SA said:

Congrats guys! 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, Stinger96 said:

With the grow off going It might  be a good idea to keep the comp going?

I wish bud but we've tried to revive POTM a few times. It just doesn't get the level of interest it should to make it worthwhile for sponsors. There are a good few, like you, who would love POTM to go the distance but we need at least 20 entries a month to really make this comp a good contest and worthwhile for the sponsors.

One thing I don't think some members grasped is that it doesn't matter if you know that your plant won't win. Entering your plant is essentially a vote in favour of keeping the comp going. No matter at what stage it is. If the comp doesn't get enough entries it can only look like very few are interested. ☹️ More interest = bigger prizes too

Sucks to make decisions like this but it wasn't a tough one unfortunately...

• Like 1

I'm too am new and I've already voiced I think the comp is amazing and was planning on entering just for the sake of it.

It's part of what makes this forum more of a community. Competitions like these are fun, exciting and more interactive.

I understand that entries are needed to keep it alive and going with the sponsors, although if you must stop it I think it needs to be looked at again in a few months time as the forum grows.
I've personally notice, in the short time I've been a member here, that there are already a few more active members on this forum. It's growing for sure and shall continue to do so.

Over the next 6 months I'm sure we'd be able to reach the 20 entries or more a month.
If we stop potm, the new members won't know about it and are less likely to start grow diaries and stay active.
They'd come for some info, and if not much new activity is had they'd / nothing bringing them back then they won't come back and will end up inactive.

My 2c

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

maybe a change in subject every month, best LST, scrog, mainline etc, best veg @ 1 month or 2, best flower & best flowering untrained etc... dont know the rules, but maybe let people enter pics from prev grows etc.

I like the idea, although it would limit entries as everyone grows differently and it would only be applicable to the people growing in that way.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Another relatively new member here - have had some delays on getting my setup back on track , but i too was very interested in making regular entries once things are running again 

Will wait it out and hope the comp is revived at some point 

[mention=1]420SA[/mention]
BRING BACK POTM!!! 
Please :') 
You'll win a packet of marshmallows tbh. I agree with 420SA, there isn't enough people entering and honestly it'll just be a waste of time. No company is gonna sponsor 7 blokes growing, and I'm not pissing on anyone but if you enter a veg plant for POTM it better be a doozie. Even with this current grow off, people were gifted awesome genetics with a simple rule, get a journal going and keep it updated. But apparently we have children who are also stoners that can't even do that. If I had the choice I'd never do a grow off comp like this again, because people take you for a nai not to mention the load of fucking hippies that also joined this forum.

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pat999 said:

You'll win a packet of marshmallows tbh. I agree with 420SA, there isn't enough people entering and honestly it'll just be a waste of time. No company is gonna sponsor 7 blokes growing, and I'm not pissing on anyone but if you enter a veg plant for POTM it better be a doozie. Even with this current grow off, people were gifted awesome genetics with a simple rule, get a journal going and keep it updated. But apparently we have children who are also stoners that can't even do that. If I had the choice I'd never do a grow off comp like this again, because people take you for a nai not to mention the load of fucking hippies that also joined this forum.

I havent been on any forums that offer such amazing opportunities to show off your grow... 

As a fairly new member, it is an exciting avenue to show off my plants and to gain something, however small it may be. 

I do agree with you about peeps needing to participate and not spectate, but how's about a monthly poll either way, with prizes offered if more than 15 or 20 people vote or enter a Pic... I'd rather have a prizeless POTM than nothing. 

Most growers on this forum seem to be new growers who are battling it out like we have when we started growing.. And I don't think we should be too critical about how they update their grows.. 

Even some of the more experienced growers and members on this forum have incomplete journals that have been left off. 

So yea man... It's not ideal with the amount of participants that have been playing POTM, but there is more than one way to skin a cat

• Like 1

I havent been on any forums that offer such amazing opportunities to show off your grow... 
As a fairly new member, it is an exciting avenue to show off my plants and to gain something, however small it may be. 
I do agree with you about peeps needing to participate and not spectate, but how's about a monthly poll either way, with prizes offered if more than 15 or 20 people vote or enter a Pic... I'd rather have a prizeless POTM than nothing. 
Most growers on this forum seem to be new growers who are battling it out like we have when we started growing.. And I don't think we should be too critical about how they update their grows.. 
Even some of the more experienced growers and members on this forum have incomplete journals that have been left off. 
So yea man... It's not ideal with the amount of participants that have been playing POTM, but there is more than one way to skin a cat

Honestly bru if you're growing to show your plants off then a journal is there for you, I don't grow to win anything, I do it because of the joy it will bring me. The bud is the best prize you could ever get, don't forget that.

For now POTM is not going to happen, this isn't the first time it fell on its face only to be brought back.

Start up more traffic on the forum, get more people involved. I seen somebody say they don't want to update daily because that's boring, well buddy if seeing your grow daily is boring then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it at all. My friend can attest to when he found me on 420 International with journals peeking over 30k views, updating on a very frequent basis. We can't start this comp on the basis of there might be a prize, does it mean if 15 people enter and 2 drop out it'll leave you with no prizes because it's below the minimum requirement of participants?

Honestly bru and this is the end of my rant, leave it for now. Update your journal, enjoy your time here, enjoy your trials of error and success, give advice and take it in.

Stay blazed

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Pat999 said:

Honestly bru if you're growing to show your plants off then a journal is there for you, I don't grow to win anything, I do it because of the joy it will bring me. The bud is the best prize you could ever get, don't forget that.

For now POTM is not going to happen, this isn't the first time it fell on its face only to be brought back.

Start up more traffic on the forum, get more people involved. I seen somebody say they don't want to update daily because that's boring, well buddy if seeing your grow daily is boring then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it at all. My friend can attest to when he found me on 420 International with journals peeking over 30k views, updating on a very frequent basis. We can't start this comp on the basis of there might be a prize, does it mean if 15 people enter and 2 drop out it'll leave you with no prizes because it's below the minimum requirement of participants?

Honestly bru and this is the end of my rant, leave it for now. Update your journal, enjoy your time here, enjoy your trials of error and success, give advice and take it in.

Stay blazed

Mooi gese ou maat!

• Like 1

• 420SA unpinned this topic