Alcohol Extraction

Stinger96

I have a question about decarboxylation. I have no experience with these processes.

When cooking your cannabis at 225ºF will it not cause the trichs to vaporize? Or is this not hot enough. I'm nervous to do it, I feel that I will loose potency? This is most probably a stupid question?

Screenshot_20190427-094103.thumb.png.bd9dbf20cccca984d9b89ab68e597be6.png

Hi @Stinger96, here is a graph that shows effect of heat on THC content.

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg.1c98a3a67d84132f1bb55304ca045ff0.jpg

You need to heat the flower to convert from THCA to THC (etc), notice how the THC content peaks and then slowly declines. So follow the graph roughly to work out the time and temperature you need to get to the peak but not too far past it.

Also are you doing alcohol extraction or make cannabutter/oil?

Edited by highchome
  • Like 1

Well I have PTSD, night terrors, some insomnia and back pain. I find that smoking helps but was told I'm bulshitting myself and should start using oils. From all I've read nobody really talks about what kind of cannabis is better. In my mind THC is THC and maybe all oil is basically the same but I do not think that's the case. Read allot about chatlotte's Web and it seam to  be the perfect strain but I still have allot to learn before buggering up good genes. So for now I want to experiment with the bag seed I have and move toward the better genes once I have educated myself enough. I enjoy getting baked too. So a all in one is my end goal.

Edited by Stinger96

3 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

My 2c, ethanol extract is a full plant extract. I find that sativa keeps me awake but not my girlfriend. So you need to find what works for you. I will try it again when i have a good INDICA.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Not in all cases Ie i extract from bubble hash and gumby hash and dry sifts using ethanol. I would not call that feco oil 

• 2 months later...

Been making oil for a very long time now and Sativa is chief on my grow list. I get really big trees which is wonderful for my feco.

I say start with bag seeds and refine every cycle. Yes, different folks get varying results, but generally they get healthy if adjusting some life functions inclusive.

Been taking my dose using a Vapresso by preference.